Pick-up a Package at UPS Hub BEFORE First Delivery

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Intercept is entirely different than willcall. Intercept can only be used to RTS the package to the shipper rather than having it delivered to the consignee. Willcall will cause a label to be printed when it's scanned for it's route to say WC on it and put into the will call cage. Shouldn't be any harder than that. Some of you fellers from Raglafart, tell me do you guys have willcall in Canada?

Brian0

Tell me do you guys have willcall in Canada?

We do. However, it can only be done after the first delivery attempt or if the shipper requests it. When I first called the 1-800 number to request it, they said no and there was nothing they could do before the first attempt. Unfortunately, most packages (even if expensive stuff is inside) don't need signatures and so there is only one delivery attempt; the UPS guy will leave it at your door. We don't have the online MyChoice thing either.
Once an item gets to UPS, large merchants won't give a living crap if you get your item safely or not.

Thanks for the info guys. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming you/UPSers.

P.S. I got my package... a few hundred dollars worth of computer parts.

jordo51

That's odd that you cant will call before first delivery there. where i am which is about an hour away from concord you can. although we are much smaller than toronto hub so that might have something to do with it.

Indecisi0n

All they need to do is contact the center then have the center send the driver a message "please sheet XXX package as WC and give to clerk tonight."

But customer service really isn't a priority anymore so who knows.

SmithBarney

We used to do first day will-calls all the time clerk, would let us know to look for it(pre-pas) sometimes the clerk would rummage for it.