Pics of older versions of the DIAD?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And here is a pic of where our DIADS send all that tracking info to. This is "Windward". It is sometimes called "The Holy Grail" of Data Centers. Google 'UPS Windward', its interesting.
IMG_1044.jpg

Last edited:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
yep,,, we've been using them since November 1... the language changed in the Atlantic supplement from the day after Thanksgiving through Xmas to November and December
I guess thats a good sign for your area. I'm hoping that we have the volume in the center so we can use them. We still have 2 senority drivers off every day since they cut their runs.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Good stuff!!! I was just browsing eBay and someone is selling their 1 year safe driving pin. Or maaybe I should say, trying too!!

Bought it off EBAY.

Looper, looking to raise some cash do to the decrease in volume...Have many safe driving awards. A 15 year of service award. some plastic pacage cars. A 1997 founders day car. A UPS basketball. A few extra shorts...Any interest? I could throw in a vintage policy book to seal the deal. lol

tracker2762

I was looking through some old Big Idea magazines (May 1989) and there is a picture of the first Diad. There were four centers on the East Coast that tested this device. Doesn't list who they were but it looks as bulky as the first one.

wo88upsman

My first diad I had a white signiture pad. When customers first started signing them they would sign with ink pens if you did not catch them and it would leave their name on the white pad permanent.