Pictures from the old days?

kingOFchester

From time to time, I have seen posts about the old trucks, old uniforms and such. Would love to see some pictures if anyone cares to share.

Thanks.

truck.jpg
truck.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Early in my career (1988) I actually drove one of those. It was a 1957 model p-400. It didnt even have reverse lights, and if you so much as touched the brake pedal on wet pavement or snow, the left rear tire would lock up. There was no fiberglass roof in the package compartment to let light in, just a pair of tiny glass "porthole" windows in the roof covered with screens. It didnt have a light in the back either, so if it was dark out you had to use a flashlight to see the packages. Low backed bench seat; lap belt only; high step; manual steering; 4 speed manual with a granny low 1st gear and an underpowered I-6 carbuerated engine; plywood shelves and BH door. You could not design a worse vehicle to deliver packages out of if you tried.

kingOFchester

Early in my career (1988) I actually drove one of those. It was a 1957 model p-400. It didnt even have reverse lights, and if you so much as touched the brake pedal on wet pavement or snow, the left rear tire would lock up. There was no fiberglass roof in the package compartment to let light in, just a pair of tiny glass "porthole" windows in the roof covered with screens. It didnt have a light in the back either, so if it was dark out you had to use a flashlight to see the packages. Low backed bench seat; lap belt only; high step; manual steering; 4 speed manual with a granny low 1st gear and an underpowered I-6 carbuerated engine; plywood shelves and BH door. You could not design a worse vehicle to deliver packages out of if you tried.

Thanks for sharing!

DIAD 1
diad.jpg
diad.jpg

porkwagon

Me too. I had the pleasure early in my career here in '88. Bulkhead had a padlock, engine took up much of the cab. They painted it yellow shortly after and automotive used it as a shop truck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was one of these tricycles in the Aliso building years ago. Don't know what they used it for.
Adult Tricycle