Pictures from the old days?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The old p-1100 with the air brakes also sucked ,, those things were massive , power steering was nice but not made for doing house calls , they started to get rid of them when you needed a CDL because they had air brakes and we refused to drive them

over9five

Staff member
The old p-1100 with the air brakes also sucked ,, those things were massive , power steering was nice but not made for doing house calls , they started to get rid of them when you needed a CDL because they had air brakes and we refused to drive them
Not made for industrial areas when you're going dock to dock around a building. Air pressure would drop, and you'd sit there revving the engine to get it back up every other dock!

Covemastah

Not made for industrial areas when you're going dock to dock around a building. Air pressure would drop, and you'd sit there revving the engine to get it back up every other dock!
Yup ,, then the fumes would get into the cab , pull over , puke , call them , and they'd say it's normal , see what you can do and call us back in an hour !

Covemastah

You guys were bad !!
But my mom caught me skipping Mass one Sunday , I lied to her about it ,, that's the only bad thing I did !!
42684B9C-35A7-40B7-B25E-D3862D577570.jpeg

satellitedriver

You guys were bad !!
But my mom caught me skipping Mass one Sunday , I lied to her about it ,, that's the only bad thing I did !!
View attachment 364148
We may have made bad decisions in our youth, but we some how lived to tell the tale.
I went to Mass with my family, no way to skip out.
Also, being an Altar boy someone had to be there to ring the bells and light the candles.:thumbup:
If that was the only bad thing you have done, then you are the only person I have ever heard of in my almost 7 decades in this world to achieve that status.
I wish I had a clear of a conscience as you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We may have made bad decisions in our youth, but we some how lived to tell the tale.
I went to Mass with my family, no way to skip out.
Also, being an Altar boy someone had to be there to ring the bells and light the candles.:thumbup:
If that was the only bad thing you have done, then you are the only person I have ever heard of in my almost 7 decades in this world to achieve that status.
I wish I had a clear of a conscience as you.
I always wanted to be an alter boy back then, kinda glad I never was now. Lol

satellitedriver

I always wanted to be an alter boy back then, kinda glad I never was now. Lol
No hanky panky back then with the priests.
The cool priests after Mass, in the sacristy, would let us have a sip of the sacramental wine.
That would be illegal in todays society.
All the priests I have ever known in my 12yrs of Catholic schooling would have beat a pedophile to a pulp.
The nuns, on the other hand, had no problem beating a child with a sawed off broom stick.
I speak from experience.
Sister Johnathon taught me in 8th grade pain did not hurt, when you were being beat for no rational cause.
I just smiled at her while she swung her baton.
Hurt like hell, but I would not let her have the satisfaction of seeing my pain.
Traumatized?
No, just a valuable lesson on how to deal with physical pain, and it has served me well for the last 57yrs.