Piling on resi because it's resi

Overpaid Union Thug

Actually they are. Just not in the BOG.

I've even had management admit in hearings that it's the new normal from corporate.

You're in a small center without Orion.

You are the exception not the rule. The rest of us know this. Look outside the BOG and I bet every driver will tell you different
Our small center isn't so bad right now. It fluctuates though. They will definitely stick it to the runner and gunners. The 9.5 list is the safest place to be to combat the fluctuations. I got back on it right after ORION went live. LOL!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Actually they are. Just not in the BOG.

I've even had management admit in hearings that it's the new normal from corporate.

You're in a small center without Orion.

You are the exception not the rule. The rest of us know this. Look outside the BOG and I bet every driver will tell you different
There's no directive from corporate for it. You're just spreading bs.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Accepting 10-12 hour days is exactly why people are being dispatched with it. Meanwhile....I'm loving the 9.5 list. :)
I was just scrolling down to make sure no one else posted this before posting the exact same thing.

You can't whine and cry about too much work unless you're willing to grow a pair, put on your big boy pants and opt onto the 9.5 list. Since my 5 months expired they've been giving me 8.5 hour dispatches to keep me from opting back onto the list. Win win!

Overpaid Union Thug

I was just scrolling down to make sure no one else posted this before posting the exact same thing.

You can't whine and cry about too much work unless you're willing to grow a pair, put on your big boy pants and opt onto the 9.5 list. Since my 5 months expired they've been giving me 8.5 hour dispatches to keep me from opting back onto the list. Win win!
That's good. What sucks is that when they do give you three or more 9.5s there's no penalty pay on the first grievance. Which I'm still pissed about.

Grey

Man you guys that are eligible for 9.5 have the life!

ArcherUTR

11-12 hour days are not the norm.
Bull:censored2: they ain't, for many more than you know.

There is no possible way for you to know whether it is normal for some or not. You are not omnipotent.

I would rather be at home than work an 11 hour day, but it is not up to me. It's the call made early in the morning by higher ups looking at charts and passing down the line to the hubs and centers to cut out cars.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Your "38 Year center manager" is feeding you a load of crap to justify his idiot dispatcher.

No this is actually a center manager who's about to retire and is fed up with the way the "new" ups is turning into.

But I'm sure some PT sup who works in a small center, was never a driver or a center manager knows more.

You're joking right?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No this is actually a center manager who's about to retire and is fed up with the way the "new" ups is turning into.

But I'm sure some PT sup who works in a small center, was never a driver or a center manager knows more.

You're joking right?
Yeah because a driver who has no access to any sorts of numbers besides other drivers being posted on a bulletin board will know it. Give me a break. I live and die by the numbers. Half my damn job is printing out reports. You know how many 12 hour dispatches we get on a daily basis? 1. And that's because his time study is garbage and he pulls 3 hours of bonus a day. You know how many drivers have over 10 hour paid days on a daily basis, maybe 1. Being small doesn't stop us from corporate directives. We aren't in the Congo. Even with ORION that everybody on here said would completely jack up everybody's paid day failed to come true. My day ends the same time it ended a year ago, and I'm at the mercy of drivers coming back to the building.

Show me this directive and I'll change my name to Fullofit.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah because a driver who has no access to any sorts of numbers besides other drivers being posted on a bulletin board will know it. Give me a break. I live and die by the numbers. Half my damn job is printing out reports. You know how many 12 hour dispatches we get on a daily basis? 1. And that's because his time study is garbage and he pulls 3 hours of bonus a day. You know how many drivers have over 10 hour paid days on a daily basis, maybe 1. Being small doesn't stop us from corporate directives. We aren't in the Congo. Even with ORION that everybody on here said would completely jack up everybody's paid day failed to come true. My day ends the same time it ended a year ago, and I'm at the mercy of drivers coming back to the building.

Show me this directive and I'll change my name to Fullofit.

You think the drivers don't see the numbers? You don't think my BA doesn't see the numbers? You obviously never sat in panel hearings with good evidence.

I've seen dispatches by their own standards set at 11-12 hr planned days. And they don't change it. Close to a 100 drivers in my center and probably 40% get sent out over 10 hrs on their "planned" day.

And the fact that YOU spend most your days printing reports and living and dying by the numbers shows your experience is limited between reality and what the expected fantasy is. And yes Orion jacks everything up because it was implemented incorrectly. Without any real input from the people on the ground.

You don't think it's not a corporate objective to load up everybody and then cut cut cut routes? It actually serves a few corporate objectives. It eventually breaks the older higher paid guys and hurts or retires them early and it makes the younger runners work faster to get off early at less then full rate.

It's being encouraged from the top down otherwise you would see the behavior change after filing 9/5 in the amounts being filed nationally.

You might not think it's happening but guess what?
It's happening and it's being encouraged.