Pit Bulls Allegedly Kill Woman

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You know as well as I that If such a government law or mandate were to pass, it would undoubtedly become a slippery slope.

In thirty years, the only dogs left would be toy-breeds genetically engineered without teeth.
Are you allowed to keep a tiger in a residential neighborhood?

Hurr Durr slippery slope next thing you know cats will be illegal.
SMH.

I'm starting to think libertarians are worse than leftists.

Mutineer

You believe it's true that it's the mother's fault?
No. The mother was misinformed and fooled into believing that Pit-Bulls are good family dogs.

In my opinion the world would be a better place without bad dogs of any breed. Especially Pit-Bulls.

I stand by my assertion that dogs of ANY breed can sometimes behave very out of their character around children.

I doubly assert that due to my real-life observations that multiple large dogs are ALWAYS bad trouble waiting to happen.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No. The mother was misinformed and fooled into believing that Pit-Bulls are good family dogs.

In my opinion the world would be a better place without bad dogs of any breed. Especially Pit-Bulls.

I stand by my assertion that dogs of ANY breed can sometimes behave very out of their character around children.

I doubly assert that due to my real-life observations that multiple large dogs are ALWAYS bad trouble waiting to happen.
I mostly agree.
But there needs to be a line.

The time to ban the breeding of pit bulls is now.

Mutineer

Are you allowed to keep a tiger in a residential neighborhood?

Hurr Durr slippery slope next thing you know cats will be illegal.
SMH.
That is a false dichotomy.
I'm starting to think libertarians are worse than leftists.
I admit that I am having serious misgivings about the direction the Libertarian party has been taking lately. Especially the past eight years or so.
The time to ban the breeding of pit bulls is now.
"Banning" something only makes the object more lucrative and attractive. I think that there should be public awareness campaigns and educational resources devoted to this subject.

Very much resembling the Surgeon General's warning on tobacco products.

It has been made socially problematic to smoke cigarettes. The same can be done with owning Pit-Bulls.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well I disagree, I do think the relevance of exotic animal regulations fit this topic.
I admit I am having serious misgivings about the direction the Libertarian party has been taking lately. Especially the past eight years or so.
I personally like the libertarian political perspective but have grown to despise their weakness on coming to a cohesive agenda.
"Banning" something only makes the object more lucrative and attractive. I think that there should be public awareness campaigns and educational resources devoted to this subject.

It has been made socially problematic to smoke cigarettes. The same can be done with owning Pit-Bulls.
I think we could possibly find a common ground compromise here.

Taxation and regulation should be reserved for things we want less of.

We should all want less of these violent beasts.
We certainly shouldn't want them to be freely roaming around the homes occupied by innocent children.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I admit that I am having serious misgivings about the direction the Libertarian party has been taking lately. Especially the past eight years or so.

I never owned a pit bull and never will..My Daughter and Son-in-Law rehabbed an old 1894 Queen Anne brick that was a crack house..They had break ins once a month before and after they moved in, besides buying an arsenal they purchase a Mastiff that grew into a 140 pound wreaking machine..after that no issues. He was a sweetheart, always had to have his massive paw on you. Lucky that we never saw him in action, but he would probably kill or maul anybody that threatened my Daughter in a heartbeat, that was a given.

Currently I own a 11 year old Italian Greyhound female and recently bought a Mini-Bulldog Pup, these dogs were bred to be companion dogs and would never harm anybody, particularly children. It takes a little common sense when you mix your family pets with your newborn children, the couple that lost their children should of thought about the possible issues with owning a Pit Bull. Don't get me wrong, every pit that I have encountered were quiet in nature, I found that out years ago when my Male IG pup tried to get into a fight with a 75 pound pit at a dog park and the pit backed off ignoring the challenge.

vantexan

dont know if its the same article but this family owned 2 pits for 8 years, suddenly attacked the 2 and 5 yr old girls, killed them and mom covered trying to defend them, she is in critical condition. if i was a believer, not anymore. those parents might have to be committed. i would.
It's a terrible tragedy. And no doubt some pitbulls have no business existing. I'm not willing to destroy millions of dogs because some are bred to be, or conditioned to be extremely aggressive. For every example of a pit killing someone there are thousands who never do, never attack, are loving towards kids and adults.

11.19igrad

It's a terrible tragedy. And no doubt some pitbulls have no business existing. I'm not willing to destroy millions of dogs because some are bred to be, or conditioned to be extremely aggressive. For every example of a pit killing someone there are thousands who never do, never attack, are loving towards kids and adults.
they were loved for 8yrs and helped raise those girls. how is that conditioned or raised to be aggressive??

vantexan

they were loved for 8yrs and helped raise those girls. how is that conditioned or raised to be aggressive??
We only know what we're told. Those girls may have been teasing them all the time. But that's speculation and still a terrible tragedy. Doesn't change the fact that there are millions of pitbulls out there who never attack, never kill.

Here's another way of looking at crowd mentality. After the 9/11 attacks many believed that all Muslims were either willing to kill us or supported those who did. Myself included. I remember when I traveled for 7 months In 2018 in the former Soviet Union. Two of the countries were primarily Muslim. I was treated well everywhere by them. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Was even ridiculed here for being there by people who supposedly champion minorities but it was nonstop attacks. We are steered to believe certain things by our media. Doesn't change the fact that some Muslims do want to kill Americans. I don't agree with their religion but it did open my eyes and see most of them in a different light.