Pit Bulls Allegedly Kill Woman

floridays

You apparently didn't read my earlier post. I went into a yard with four very large male pitbulls, at least 90 lbs of muscle each. Each chained strategically to cover the yard. I started talking to them the moment I saw them to get a gauge on their character. Avoided one, petted the other three. They ate it up, and not violently lol. The owner was shocked when he saw me at the door. I've been bitten several times over the years. None were pits. I've certainly seen pits behind fences I wouldn't go near.

One time in New Mexico the recipient didn't respond to the doorbell. Thought I heard something in the backyard so walked around. Was a pitbull on a massive chain. Guessing it was because of the chain but he was the most muscular dog I've ever seen. Something about his demeanor told me he was ok so I walked over to him. As I approached he put his face down between his paws and wagged his little tail hard. I stood there for several minutes scratching his ears and talking sweetly to him. He acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Got all sad when I left. It broke my heart to see a dog that great spend his days on that chain.

You guys like to say things like coward and no nuts, etc. While you're ascribing that to me I just go do things that you would never do. Like travel overseas or approach fierce looking dogs. It's easy to say places or dogs or whatever are too dangerous. How do you know if what you're basing it on is hearsay or rare attacks? I hate that those little babies got killed. That their mother got mauled. Absolutely terrible. But I don't know what had happened to that dog in the past that triggered him. There may be more to the story although no excuses for what happened. I'm certainly not going to want millions of dogs outlawed or destroyed because of a relative handful of tragic events.
I scanned it.
I'll read it intently after this.
That said, I assume the grandparents had the same thoughts about their dogs.
Further I assume the mother of the children had the same opinion of the dogs.
We know the rest of the story.

This type of tragedy might be uncommon, it is however not unheard of.

I would never have placed my boys in that situation, their mother would not as well.
You aren't a father of children. You don't understand the protection that a mother or father of their children will extend. I didn't extend the same liberties to my boys that I did to myself.
Likewise I know my father didn't extend like liberties to me or my sister or brother.
I've got a brain, I choose not to put myself in a position, knowingly, of potential harm.
You be you van.
You guys like to say things like coward and no nuts, etc. While you're ascribing that to me I just go do things that you would never do. Like travel overseas

I will note I take exception to lumping me in with those that have condemned you in your travels.
Do you give me permission to give my quotes of our PM's concerning what I have said about them?

I can handle someone disagreeing with my point of view. I know how to deal with what was laid to me as well.

That was pretty low Tex.

vantexan

Afraid to take a stand. Kinda nutless.
I don't give one rats ass how someone responded to a dog.
I give a :poop: how a dog reacts to a person.
This is what I meant. Others here have called me a coward.

Can I ask you a serious question? The overall murder rate in the U.S. is fairly low compared to many countries. If you took out the murders in poor black inner city neighborhoods our murder rate would probably be close to Japan. Fact is in those neighborhoods the rates are extraordinarily high. And because of it we have both politicians and media who use that to scare us. Is it fair to good, hard working black folk to have whites fear them for nothing more than being black? How many blacks have had to endure driving while black escapades with cops? The fact is much of what we know and believe is greatly influenced by the media to get us to a point they want. Pretty easy to do when victims are little babies. Like I said before my most recent dogs were big sweethearts who loved everyone. But even though they were on leashes and didn't act aggressive at all I constantly ran into people who feared them. Some would hesitantly pet them after I assured them they were friendly. Some would make a wide berth around them with great fear. You can't convince them otherwise because of how they've been conditioned.

floridays

Can I ask you a serious question? The overall murder rate in the U.S. is fairly low compared to many countries. If you took out the murders in poor black inner city neighborhoods our murder rate would probably be close to Japan. Fact is in those neighborhoods the rates are extraordinarily high. And because of it we have both politicians and media who use that to scare us. Is it fair to good, hard working black folk to have whites fear them for nothing more than being black? How many blacks have had to endure driving while black escapades with cops? The fact is much of what we know and believe is greatly influenced by the media to get us to a point they want. Pretty easy to do when victims are little babies. Like I said before my most recent dogs were big sweethearts who loved everyone. But even though they were on leashes and didn't act aggressive at all I constantly ran into people who feared them. Some would hesitantly pet them after I assured them they were friendly. Some would make a wide berth around them with great fear. You can't convince them otherwise because of how they've been conditioned.
Tex, easily you didn't have to include me. Actually, I don't think you did, I think I know your heart.
That said, alot of what you just posted had nothing to do with the topic.
In this instance I can't tell you their skin pigmentation, like it even matters.

I said what I said. I heard no apology from you. I won't hold it against you.
I just say be more careful in lumping people into a group.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

This is why most people actually defend pits, they subtly equate them with blacks in a weird racial idea and then think if they don't defend pits they're actually agreeing with human segregation

I see it all the time and it's totally insane mental gymnastics

Violent aggressive BREEDS that we literally created have no right to exist beyond our own approval

vantexan

This is why most people actually defend pits, they subtly equate them with blacks in a weird racial idea and then think if they don't defend pits they're actually agreeing with human segregation

I see it all the time and it's totally insane mental gymnastics

Violent aggressive BREEDS that we literally created have no right to exist beyond our own approval
I'm not equating them to blacks. I'm just pointing out the obvious. A lot of whites fear all blacks because of the actions of a few. Similar mentality with pitbulls. And we created literally all breeds of dogs.

vantexan

you literally just contradicted yourself
Really? How so? A lot of whites fear all blacks because of the actions of a few. A lot of people believe all pitbulls are dangerous because some are. In other words a lot of people have been influenced and conditioned to believe certain things when the stats don't support their belief. If you live in a million person city with the population half black, and see on the news blacks riot in that city or a bunch are looting stores, eventually you are conditioned to believe this is what blacks do, not what just some blacks do. Because crime is prevalent in black neighborhoods in large cities a lot of blacks coming home from work, etc are subjected to being stopped and searched. I've never been frisked at a traffic stop. Never. I'm thankful I'm not black in America.

oldngray

nowhere special
Pit bulls are naturally aggressive. That can be mitigated somewhat if they are socialized enough but too many are either trained to be attack dogs or left alone where their instincts take over. Way too much inbreeding turning out many really bad dogs too.

MAKAVELI

Pit bulls are naturally aggressive. That can be mitigated somewhat if they are socialized enough but too many are either trained to be attack dogs or left alone where their instincts take over. Way too much inbreeding turning out many really bad dogs too.
I agree on the inbreeding but they aren't naturally aggressive. That's a misnomer. There's such a thing called game dogs as far as temperament but that is what is though of as a fighting gene not an attack aggressive gene. And a very small percentage of Pits are thought of as Gamebred dogs.

Last edited:

vantexan

I agree on the inbreeding but they aren't naturally aggressive. That's a misnomer. There's such a thing called game dogs as far as temperament but that is what is though of as a fighting gene not an attack aggressive gene. And a very small percentage of Pits are thought of as Gamebred dogs.
Unfortunately there's a subculture out there who thinks it's cool to fight dogs. There shouldn't be Gamebred dogs for any reason.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's past time to institute modern safety eugenics for dogs.

We can easily rid the species of these violent breeds for the good of mankind. The euthanizing mechanism is already built out into every shelter in the country.

We can save lives.
Prove me wrong.

20221009_000840.jpg

Mutineer

Parents fault. You don't leave your babies around dogs regardless of breed. All dogs originated from the wolf and babies often bring out the hunting instinct in dogs.
I believe there is truth to this. I have witnessed that otherwise good dogs can behave very unpredictably around children. Very much especially if there is more than one dog.

11.19igrad

Was delivering to a mobile home out in the country years ago when a huge, maybe 130lbs, mixed breed dog came out from under home snarling at me, looking like he was about to charge me. Out of nowhere a pitbull half his size got between me and him and drove him off. Then came back to me wagging his tail. I've met a lot more friendly ones over the years than unfriendly. It's unfortunate that some owners train their pits to be aggressive as many are total sweethearts. The problem is that they are so powerfully built with such strong jaws they can do a terrible amount of damage quickly. Get two or three aggressive ones on you and you're in serious trouble. But it's unfair to the good ones to believe that they'd harm you just because they're pits.
dont know if its the same article but this family owned 2 pits for 8 years, suddenly attacked the 2 and 5 yr old girls, killed them and mom covered trying to defend them, she is in critical condition. if i was a believer, not anymore. those parents might have to be committed. i would.

11.19igrad

dont know if its the same article but this family owned 2 pits for 8 years, suddenly attacked the 2 and 5 yr old girls, killed them and mom covered trying to defend them, she is in critical condition. if i was a believer, not anymore. those parents might have to be committed. i would.
actually id just kill myself. my 2 kids killed? whats to live for? i dont have kids but cant imagine.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I believe there is truth to this. I have witnessed that otherwise good dogs can behave very unpredictably around children. Very much especially if there is more than one dog.
You believe it's true that it's the mother's fault?

She fought for 10 minutes trying to save her babies' lives. This disgusting breed of violent dog literally ate her baby alive while she fought with her hands against it. She has stitches over her entire body from the struggle with one of these violent beasts.

And it's her fault?
Really?
SMH.

Mutineer

It's past time to institute modern safety eugenics for dogs.

We can easily rid the species of these violent breeds for the good of mankind. The euthanizing mechanism is already built out into every shelter in the country.

We can save lives.
Prove me wrong.
You know as well as I that If such a government law or mandate were to pass, it would undoubtedly become a slippery slope.

In thirty years, the only dogs left would be toy-breeds genetically engineered without teeth.