Planned routes

NonDeliverOtherMissed

They always put fewer numbers of routes on the schedule than they think we are going to run, so the higher seniority guys never get asked if we want the day off.

I just came back from having two months off for a comp injury and ran my own route for two days before they said I was forced to run a combo route.

I haven't taken an unpaid day in so long that I can't remember the last time. I just would have liked the choice while trying to come back from my surgery.
Unless you agree to it...I don't think they can pull you off your route per new contract...if they need me to run something else my boss will call me early a.m. ...I'll usually agree anyways because I'm not a fan of my route

Re-Raise

Unless you agree to it...I don't think they can pull you off your route per new contract...if they need me to run something else my boss will call me early a.m. ...I'll usually agree anyways because I'm not a fan of my route
When my route is cut, they say that I HAVE to follow my work onto a route next to mine that is basically an in town route.

They lay off the lower seniority drivers for the day.

hyena

Our new guys are pretty bad. They don't know very many routes and our sups don't want to train them.

I know I could just start calling in sick and my wife wants me to because of the swelling in my foot I had surgery on, but I just hate being dishonest about it.

Why do I have to bump the guy off his route when my country bid route is cut?
Just don't tell them why then. Call in say "I'm not going to be able to make it in today goodbye. " Now your not being dishonest.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

When my route is cut, they say that I HAVE to follow my work onto a route next to mine that is basically an in town route.

They lay off the lower seniority drivers for the day.
Whenever my routes cut I always ask if they can skip me as well...doesn't hurt to ask and I'm always up for a day off...just gotta make sure and check with who does the payroll and make sure they didn't try and sneak one of your sick/personal days to pay you..I always tell them unpaid

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you feel that strongly about that, bring it up to your BA. Let him know you want it added into your supplement.

I have-----many times. I have also suggested that we should raise the minimum hours required for a year of pension credit from the current 1000 to at least 1500, preferably 1800.

By The Book

Our pension is 48% funded.
If you're thinking everyone will continue to take dead days once they know of the new hours requirements.....not going to happen. Do you know exactly how they are investing the monies they took out of your wages? If it's same ol same ol it's not going to be enough.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you're thinking everyone will continue to take dead days once they know of the new hours requirements.....not going to happen. Do you know exactly how they are investing the monies they took out of your wages? If it's same ol same ol it's not going to be enough.

That's the whole point!

Stop the dead days.