Planned routes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You should have to use ALL paid time before being allowed to take dead days.
All that would do is hurt low seniority drivers who wouldn't get near as much work if people were forced to save their paid days off.
This is not about "one member getting his way". It's about what is fair for one should be fair for all.
So they make you use your paid days off before taking a dead day, and not the other drivers? Ya, I didn't think so. Seniority rules deal with it.

By The Book

This is not about "one member getting his way". It's about what is fair for one should be fair for all.
I'll say this, if it's not in your supplement to not allow drivers to take dead day then you have a gripe not a grievance. If your supplement has language that says discretionary days are to be offered by seniority first.......

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'll say this, if it's not in your supplement to not allow drivers to take dead day then you have a gripe not a grievance. If your supplement has language that says discretionary days are to be offered by seniority first.......
Southern supplement technically says option days are paid out for the first days you don't work until you're out of days. In reality it's at management's discretion.