Please don't follow FedEx method

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m an insensitive prick?
IMG_5120.gif

HarryWarden

This is why I say "I dont consent to video recording of my likeness for any future private or public use" any time I see a Ring doorbell.
You must also be one of those people who post on Facebook saying “I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future.”

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
You can't tell these days. I just realized I had been telling this chick on my route "thanks man" for the last four months and then when I finally had a conversation with it and heard it's voice and saw some dangly earrings I realized it was a woman.
Heard IT'S voice. What year is this? My Lord. Would you say IT to her face?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
This is why I say "I dont consent to video recording of my likeness for any future private or public use" any time I see a Ring doorbell.
This is the way.

They should really be shut down for their extreme invasion of privacy.
Also if you need a ring bell, you're a chump..... Unless of course you live near the bike thieves.....

Inb4 all the stupid reasons to have one.i don't care.

TheBrownNote

Also, you give consent by furthering your actions once you've acknowledged the camera. If you really don't consent, you would no longer cross the threshold of those properties. Which is the most you can do, but I wouldn't recommend that

HarryWarden

This is the way.

They should really be shut down for their extreme invasion of privacy.
Also if you need a ring bell, you're a chump..... Unless of course you live near the bike thieves.....

Inb4 all the stupid reasons to have one.i don't care.
You think people shouldn’t be allowed to film in public? Not only that, but you think people shouldn’t be allowed to film on their own property?

You realize that every business you deliver to is filming you also, right?

Thebrownblob

You think people shouldn’t be allowed to film in public? Not only that, but you think people shouldn’t be allowed to film on their own property?

For recording, the general rule is: where there is public access in areas such as a sidewalk or a park (people and buildings), it is permissible to record anything in plain sight because there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in these areas.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Heard IT'S voice. What year is this? My Lord. Would you say IT to her face?

It’s 2024 that is why you are better off to reply to anyone as “it” because if you mislabel them there could be consequences. If you call a person a man or a woman you have less than a 2% chance of getting it right. You need to stop living in the stone age. We now know there are hundreds of genders.

You also called “it“ a “her.” Are you a biologist? Are you smarter than Biden’s Supreme Court pick Ketanji Brown Jackson? I don’t think so.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Last edited:

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
It’s 2024 that is why you are better off to reply to anyone as “it” because if you mislabel them there could be consequences. If you call a person a man or a woman you have less than a 2% chance of getting it right. You need to stop living in the stone age. We now know there are hundreds of genders.

You also called “it“ a “her.” Are you a biologist? Are you smarter than Biden’s Supreme Court pick Ketanji Brown Jackson? I don’t think so.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
No you would refer to someone by calling them THEY or using their name if you are not sure. When you get to know the person you will know what to call them. Step out of your comfort zone and talk to people. It's a waste of time to live in fear.

TheBrownNote

No, I'm not retarded. I don't act in a manner where it matters whether or not I'm being recorded. I'm just saying that the idea of Ring's ability to film and be activated to film beyond ones property, (ie your motion sensor goes off and records the dude walking across the street) that is a gross over reach of "expectations of privacy in the public". Especially when stored on a private server that can be recalled without a warrant.

Example. My neighbors ring doorbell will activate in the middle of the night when I enter my bathroom across the street on the second floor. Is this technically Ring's fault, no. It's my neighbor's. But I should have the right to prevent ring from storing my likeness on any of their servers. (Don't get me started on the creep that is my neighbor)

The called out statement about no permission is for Ring. Should one ever decide to seek litigation, one has evidence of declaration of intent.

As far as the homeowner, film away on your property, but in my state audio is a 2 party permission, wether video or audio only, so this declarative statement holds legal weight, for audio purposes at least.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
No you would refer to someone by calling them THEY or using their name if you are not sure. When you get to know the person you will know what to call them. Step out of your comfort zone and talk to people. It's a waste of time to live in fear.

Yes some individuals go by “They or Them” but I think that is a small percentage, I do not know anyone personally that wants me to refer to their person as “They or Them” so again I think you are wrong.

You say “when you get to know a person.” The problem seem to arise at times before someone gets to know a person. Just like why this whole conversation has started. It is because a poster on here called someone a pronoun that could be wrong so then they used the word “it” to describe the person and then you seemed to think something was wrong with calling an individual “it.”

I think this whole problem started because there are individuals that don’t want to be “uncomfortable“ being mislabeled. Maybe they need to “step out of their comfort zone.”

Last edited:

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Yes some individuals go by “They or Them” but I think that is a small percentage, I do not know anyone personally that wants me to refer to their person as “They or Them” so again I think you are wrong.

You say “when you get to know a person.” The problem seem to arise at times before someone gets to know a person. Just like why this whole conversation has started. It is because a poster on here called someone a pronoun that could be wrong so then they used the word “it” to describe the person and then you seemed to think something was wrong with calling an individual “it.”

I think this whole problem started because there are individuals that don’t want to be “uncomfortable“ being mislabeled. Maybe they need to “step out of their comfort zone.”
Or the whole problem might be that you think someone would rather be called it than they.

Would you rather have your choice for president or someone who will impose a flat 5 percent income tax? But you had to call them by their preferred pronouns.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, I'm not retarded. I don't act in a manner where it matters whether or not I'm being recorded. I'm just saying that the idea of Ring's ability to film and be activated to film beyond ones property, (ie your motion sensor goes off and records the dude walking across the street) that is a gross over reach of "expectations of privacy in the public". Especially when stored on a private server that can be recalled without a warrant.

Example. My neighbors ring doorbell will activate in the middle of the night when I enter my bathroom across the street on the second floor. Is this technically Ring's fault, no. It's my neighbor's. But I should have the right to prevent ring from storing my likeness on any of their servers. (Don't get me started on the creep that is my neighbor)

The called out statement about no permission is for Ring. Should one ever decide to seek litigation, one has evidence of declaration of intent.

As far as the homeowner, film away on your property, but in my state audio is a 2 party permission, wether video or audio only, so this declarative statement holds legal weight, for audio purposes at least.
I don’t care what state you live in, you have no expectation of privacy in a public space or publicly accessible space. I can film you and anyone else,with audio too.
It’s called the first amendment.