Please dont yell at me tomorrow.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I never ever tire of either laughing at them,making them repeat the same same question four or five times,asking them which part of the contract i violated (and could you PLEASE show me where production is addressed in the contract?) or telling them that maybe,JUST MAYBE i'll skip my lunch today so my numbers will look better. Its a game I love to play every morning and I make certain to laugh and let management i dont give a rats arse about their reports
Cause they're reports are off and only a robot could stick to the guidelines

DOK

For all the hard core, I know you enjoy it.
But do you ever just get drained by being spoken to daily. When you have done all you can and know it? You run out of quippy comebacks, satirical statements, tired of doing the best that can be done, and it is never good enough. Does it drain the life out of you? Especially when its a problem, and everyone including them knows it. Wouldnt it just be nice to have things go back to the way it used to be when the job was fun AND we were productive. Numbers were a guideline measurement, not the Bible? Not that I would ever feel this way, just wondering if anyone does......

Today's environment is as bad as it's ever been. Would be nice to be looked at as an asset rather than a liability by the company, after all it is because of our hard work that they have their desk job. It's surreal.

When you have an environment where the employees make more money and have better benefits than those they are supervised by, you have a recipe for hostility. Also, having management year end bonuses tied to the performance of said employees only serves to add fuel to the hostility.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Like me he wonders about how and why are things so abrasive and uncaring.. They ate trying to tie our hands with orion causing service failure s

He is a she and she has been whining about her job for the better part of a year. She knows that nothing is going to change----in fact, it will probably get worse----so, if she is eligible to retire, why not make the move?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When you have an environment where the employees make more money and have better benefits than those they are supervised by, you have a recipe for hostility. .

The average driver DOES NOT make more than a FT sup annually. Average driver makes what, $80-ish, a FT sup is making at least $90, unless they're fresh off the boat and have ZERO experience.

She knows that nothing is going to change----in fact, it will probably get worse----so, if she is eligible to retire, why not make the move?

Getting worse IS a change, so when you say "nothing is going to change", you're wrong

Tooner, let them yell all they want, just tune them out. After that, it's just you, your truck and lots of boxes.

I've only ever gotten "rattled" by management a handful of times, and most were when I was younger and a hot-head. Once you realize that they will try to manage by fear, and you come to the point where you don't care, you'll feel better. As long as you do your job properly and don't give them anything to hang you with, say the hell with them.

Notretiredyet

You're not whining tooner you're burning out, they pretty much leave me alone as far as production goes as long as I keep it less than an hour over. My issue is dealing with the daily barrage of problems of others I have to address as a steward. Working in a center with 90+ drivers is overwhelming at times, been seriously considering resigning as a steward after 30 yrs. Would like to spend my final year at UPS helping the next steward deal with what has become the most stressful part of my job at UPS. Just keep reminding yourself there's a light at the end of this long tunnel coming soon.

trickpony1

Like me he wonders about how and why are things so abrasive and uncaring.. They ate trying to tie our hands with orion causing service failure s

It's called "double bind stress" (damned if you do, damned if you don't) and has been shown to cause anxiety and depression in laboratory rats.

They are trying to stress the older, less productive, full pay scale and max vacation drivers into quitting so they can shuttle in the lower scale and lower benefits 21 year olds to drive....thereby saving the company money.

Tooner, they are taking advantage of your self pride and strong work ethic and playing it against you. Don't let them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He is a she and she has been whining about her job for the better part of a year. She knows that nothing is going to change----in fact, it will probably get worse----so, if she is eligible to retire, why not make the move?

64222765c6370905585b45eb608ce44e.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The average driver DOES NOT make more than a FT sup annually. Average driver makes what, $80-ish, a FT sup is making at least $90, unless they're fresh off the boat and have ZERO experience.

You appear close in your estimates for a friend/T On-Car supervisor for their W-2.
Unfortunately, it is high for disposable income.