Please explain

2Slow

The biggest problem I see is the management vs Teamster philosophy that every one of your posts have. You come to work every day to battle management. What a shame! You must have been a warrior in another life (lol)! Nothing will EVER get fixed with that attitude LOL!!! Anyway....

B

I'd be happy to bleed brown, I would prefer it actually...
Managment does drive this 'us against them' mentality that is so pervasive at UPS.
When They act like I'm a thief because I refuse to cut corners to make their unrealistic numbers work, I will fight them. I come to work expecting to have to battle, I am usually right.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Ok so it's the end of the unload this morning and we're running late so my sup starts loading up bulk on a cart to move. Then one of the guy's that's been there a while starts yelling that he's gonna file a greivance b/c the sup was working. Are you serious?!?!?! Is the union really like this? I mean :censored2::censored2::censored2:?!?!? hOW ABOUT TEAMWORK? We all work for the same company don't we? Why the hell can't he help get us out on time. Seeing this really disappointed me. Has the union turned ya'll in to big cry babies????? I thought I was working for a good company, but it looks like everyone is just out for themselves just like every other company in America!

Very disapointed!!!!!!!!!!

you will be more "disapointed" later when you get shaft in the ass by "THE TEAM".

AlaskaMike

I actually had to discipline supervisors.

LOL. Why do you make it sound like an unusual occurrence? If more managers disciplined more supervisors things might improve around here. I was part of the local rider negotiations this time around and nearly every one of our contract proposals was the result of past moronic behavior by supervisors. We've got one sup who called in a guy on Saturday to push his DIAD 3 into the holder and then told the guy he wasn't getting paid for it. He's also the guy who hops off the dock with both hands in his pocket after berating the driver with a 15 year safe driving record for not knowing the 8 Complete Rules of Backing. LOL.

SimpleUPSer

LOL. Why do you make it sound like an unusual occurrence?

I think it is unusual because he had the time to do so :happy2:

With all of the added conference calls, paperwork, mandatory CBTs, QIP and SEAS, it is a wonder when it is even realize when a new management person is added (or taken away as the new trends seem to have demonstrated).

I think too often many resign themselves (management folks) to the fact that junior managment people know all of the answers or how to be a management person. We know that this is obviously not true. What is the resolution? More training? More education or experience? A combination of all of them perhaps?

Regardless of what the answer may be, it takes time, and I hate to state it, time is the what all of us (hourly and management) need more than anything else right now. This is geared more to the folks in the districts as opposed to those elsewhere. I would rather not speak for those (elsewhere) folks for fear it might make sense and they would wisk me away...:wink2:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Ok so it's the end of the unload this morning and we're running late so my sup starts loading up bulk on a cart to move. Then one of the guy's that's been there a while starts yelling that he's gonna file a greivance b/c the sup was working. Are you serious?!?!?! Is the union really like this? I mean :censored2::censored2::censored2:?!?!? hOW ABOUT TEAMWORK? We all work for the same company don't we? Why the hell can't he help get us out on time. Seeing this really disappointed me. Has the union turned ya'll in to big cry babies????? I thought I was working for a good company, but it looks like everyone is just out for themselves just like every other company in America!

Very disapointed!!!!!!!!!!
YO Cuz (Philly venacular) Article 3 Section 7 read it know it !!! You would feel differantley when they send you home early and the sups finish your work and you need the lost money to make ends meet. Or maybe you don't need the money but your brother and sister teamsters do.Supervisors should not do bargaining unit work. Give them and inch and they will take a yard.
It is a good company but the contract is in place for a reason and trust me you would not enjoy the benefits you have without the teamsters. All companies are bottom line bussinesses and if they can cut they will. You do the work and let the sups supervise.If that is not satisfactory write your letter to become a sup and call the local for a withdraw card.

tieguy

Banned
LOL. Why do you make it sound like an unusual occurrence? If more managers disciplined more supervisors things might improve around here. I was part of the local rider negotiations this time around and nearly every one of our contract proposals was the result of past moronic behavior by supervisors. We've got one sup who called in a guy on Saturday to push his DIAD 3 into the holder and then told the guy he wasn't getting paid for it.

Freebie.

He's also the guy who hops off the dock with both hands in his pocket after berating the driver with a 15 year safe driving record for not knowing the 8 Complete Rules of Backing. LOL.

obviously a poor leadership example but you don't think the driver is exempt from learning because he has 15 years?

UPS Lifer

I'd be happy to bleed brown, I would prefer it actually...
Managment does drive this 'us against them' mentality that is so pervasive at UPS.
When They act like I'm a thief because I refuse to cut corners to make their unrealistic numbers work, I will fight them. I come to work expecting to have to battle, I am usually right.

Your supervisor should get on the car with you and see if you are following the 340 methods. If you are case closed. My guess is you are doing the job the way you think it should be done, not necessarily the way it is supposed to be done.

You said it ....I come to work expecting to have to battle....I guarantee you will battle every time with that attitude. LOL!

and things will only go from bad to worse....GUARANTEED!!!!