Political Correctness

oldngray

nowhere special
Political_Correctness_101.jpg

BrownArmy

It seems to me that the term 'white privilege' means less about specific advantages conferred to white people than it does about institutionalized disadvantages conferred to non-whites, of which many examples abound.

So, much like a relief printing, the areas defined are defined by their absence, in which case 'white privilege' isn't so much that special things are given to whites, it's that the basic things that whites enjoy have traditionally been unavailable to non-whites.

In that sense, the term 'white privilege' is sort of nonsensical, but the concept stands.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems to me that the term 'white privilege' means less about specific advantages conferred to white people than it does about institutionalized disadvantages conferred to non-whites, of which many examples abound.

So, much like a relief printing, the areas defined are defined by their absence, in which case 'white privilege' isn't so much that special things are given to whites, it's that the basic things that whites enjoy have traditionally been unavailable to non-whites.

In that sense, the term 'white privilege' is sort of nonsensical, but the concept stands.

Well-said, but remember who your audience is here. In other words, it's like talking to a brick if you're trying to educate them. I'm thinking the brick would actually be more receptive and capable of understanding.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The sheeple will believe anything the MSM tell them is true ; like the b.s. hands up don't shoot lie .

I'll bet your pantry is full of Glenn Beck inspired dehydrated food and that you've invested heavily in precious metals for when paper currency is worthless. Say "bah", Baba.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Found this today on Reddit.

Six years ago, Hitchens perfectly predicts the current social climate of speech suppression, and warns that anyone who talks outside the script will be accused of bigotry.

Barbarians never take a city till someone holds the gates open for them.

Discussion thread on reddit

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Found this today on Reddit.

Six years ago, Hitchens perfectly predicts the current social climate of speech suppression, and warns that anyone who talks outside the script will be accused of bigotry.

Barbarians never take a city till someone holds the gates open for them.

Discussion thread on reddit

Just a note. Hitchens was an atheist, so I guess his comments apply equally to the Kim Davis situation and all of the other Right Wing causes. That is, if you're a believer in what Hitchens says. Or, are you just selectively quoting him?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hopefully, that lead is in the canned food.

TOS.

Me too. I think that was his Dirty Harry tough guy moment where he's going to fill those Mooslims with lead. And only canned foods? I thought Glenn Beck sold dehydrated "survival kits". I'd love to see Baba's bunker, and so would the police and FBI.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Just a note. Hitchens was an atheist, so I guess his comments apply equally to the Kim Davis situation and all of the other Right Wing causes. That is, if you're a believer in what Hitchens says. Or, are you just selectively quoting him?

Just a note to you... I don't care if Hitchens was an atheist, I knew it before I posted the story. I found the story interesting and how it pertains to what we are seeing in today's politically correct world.

I do see him calling you out though and that probably bothers you especially since Trump is breaking up the P.C. world that you admire so much. :w00t:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just a note to you... I don't care if Hitchens was an atheist, I knew it before I posted the story. I found the story interesting and how it pertains to what we are seeing in today's politically correct world.

I do see him calling you out though and that probably bothers you especially since Trump is breaking up the P.C. world that you admire so much. :w00t:

I don't admire the PC World, but the Far Right types who constantly confuse racism with PC are bothersome. A lot of TeaCons spout racist crap, and when they get called-out, they claim it's over-the-top PC. I'm fully aware of how PC is mis-used and abused by some on the Left.

Trump? His star is already starting to fade, and The Donald can't tell the difference between PC and racism, which is going to kill his campaign.

Ever heard Trump's stance on unions? Neither have I. As a Republican, you can bet he's not your buddy.