Poll: Are you happy at FedEx???

Are you Happy at FedEx?

• Yes!I love my job at Fedex.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Sometimes.Its a job just like any other job.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No and if I can find a better job I will leave.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Screw Fred S!FedEx Sucks!!!!

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

vantexan

Fred is way beyond weasel territory.I've called him the "Spawn of Satan" which really isn't fair. Perhaps the "Spawn of Stalin" is more appropriate. I'm sure Fred has sent Boner (Boehner) gifts of green that won't clash with his orange skin tone.

Was Dems not Boehner that kept a vote from happening on FAA bill. I wonder how much was donated to campaign coffers of the Dems?

Mr Fedex

Banned
Fedex is a great company to work for.Sure we all have our bad days but thats at any job.I can only speak for Express though.

FXManager

Fedex is a great company to work for.Sure we all have our bad days but thats at any job.I can only speak for Express though.

FedEx "CAN" be a great company to work for. I love the company, I truly do, but something's gotta give. I see it across the divisions and opcos. There are a lot of BAD decision makers in a company with a protect the people below you mentality which leads to some good hearted people allowing bad people under them to generate chaos. I'll never bad mouth the company, only ignorant decisions that were made to protect the bottom line at the cost of the work force and perchance a co-worker or two. The company has fed my family for many years and I am grateful but I've seen it go from great to mediocre during my tenure there. I don't think all is lost and I'm not against Fred S. I just think that some up the chain have lost sight of the bottom of the chain.

I wish that from my position I could do something but I've been around long enough to see how well our talk it out with superiors works for the people that do it. Again, BAD decision makers. Not everyone is bad, not everyone is good, I don't claim to be either. I care about the company and my team and the teams around mine. I care about my boss and I care about the customer. I could go on and rant for hours on the merits of FedEx and spend just as long telling of all of the tragedies I've seen as well. I know the solution to this that would satisfy all parties involved but I also know it's not going to happen. Two things would fix most of the issues we have today. 1. Liaisons, NOT UNIONS, LIAISONS. People set up that report to themselves as an autonomous unit inside the Corporate umbrella who are protected via policy to accumulate information from employees and make suggestions to corporate for changes across opcos or in a single unit. This information could be things like gathering data on how employees feel about their pay to how co-workers feel about that one trouble maker that's killing team morale. 2. Profit Sharing (ope, did I say a bad word?) Give US something to really work for. If I am invested in my company to the point that I make more when it makes more I want to give 1000000000% so I can get more money and have a better life and know that my hard work is what got it for me and for my company.

This of course causes more issues with the Independent Contractor Model for Ground because as a driver with the name FedEx on the side of your truck you want profit sharing too. Well, there's nothing for it, you're either your own employer or you work for a company that FedEx contracts out to. Best I think you could get is if a bonus program was created based on individual merit, how many routes you run and packages you deliver, miles driven safety maintained and such. It would have to be something that your companies agreed to accept from FedEx on your behalf and split as FedEx meant it to be which would require your employers to be honest as well. It could work. I'm not the answer guy but it's time for me to shut the crap up.

FedEx2000

Thanks for some honesty, instead of the usual BS corporate answers we get from other managers who post on here.

That kinda feels like a cheap shot at me MFE? Just as being a courier isn't for everyone, neither is mgmt. I'm not going to pretend like it's all sunshine and rainbows, but dang, it isn't that bad....I haven't had to sell my soul or anything.....not yet anyway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are a tool. It's mysterious that you re-appear just as the criticism of FedEx and Anthem ramp-up. Where are quadro and 59 Dano?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That kinda feels like a cheap shot at me MFE? Just as being a courier isn't for everyone, neither is mgmt. I'm not going to pretend like it's all sunshine and rainbows, but dang, it isn't that bad....I haven't had to sell my soul or anything.....not yet anyway.

Not a cheap shot at all. You're more honest than most of them, but FX Manager doesn't sugar-coat any of it. I fully respect that.

FXManager

I agree, not everyone is for management. The best part of this is that even Fred knows this. He's said it openly that most of FedEx (Managers) are either Military or came up through the ranks inside the company. What this causes is inbreeding bad concepts and management styles into our own future. I work for many people (my employees) that have no desire to become management and I respect that. I don't push them to become promotable, they want to be left alone to work their shift and leave, and I allow it because it's what makes them happy. On the selling your soul bit, that's a choice you have to make. If you sell your soul it's not to Fred, or anyone other than your boss really. If your boss doesn't have the skills to perform their job equitably then they will see you as a threat and make an attempt to neutralize you. The best way to do this is to compromise your integrity because it's so easy to do, once done, they own you as long as you are both there. If you don't give in, then you'll face a harsh uphill road that you may or may not be able to endure as it's entirely based upon your own will. Again, this is moreover based on your boss and what you're willing to give to keep your work life easy. In my opinion the jeers at Fred are by and large un-waranted, he's running his company how he always dreamed of running it. I can't hold that against any American businessman. It's effective too, ask his employees if they think FedEx is making moneys.

Not a cheap shot at all. You're more honest than most of them, but FX Manager doesn't sugar-coat any of it. I fully respect that.

My employees respect that too. They screw up, I tell them policy, not opinion and certainly not threats. They succeed they get the satisfaction of knowing they did good and possibly a thanks from me. (which by the way is about all we can do anymore, getting a BZ approved is like pulling a bowling ball out of...well, a not so large hole)

There's pro's and con's to every company, you get job security with a large company, this means you get lower pay because it costs money to create the security. You get benefits, 401k and pension even. The downside there, over time they'll get worse and worse until the camels back breaks. It's really intelligent what is going on right now if you think about it. How far can we push without breaking the camels back? Poor economy aside look at the past few years. Each year something gets quietly stripped away, no one makes a huge fuss. This year something big got stripped away. But not if you live in Memphis, nope you get to keep your CIGNA (which isn't perfect but it's sure not as bad as Anthem). Let's not make the people who take the Fortune surveys mad, that'll be a huge PR loss. Nope, Memphis is happy land where you get steaks for employee appreciation days and you can get away with almost anything.

The issue of the day is that there are extremists who push for too much, which are a huge minority. Then there's the complacent group who makes up the majority, they want change but don't care enough to even put thought into how to get it into action. Finally, you have the thinkers, this is the important group because they can show the intelligence and foresight needed to everyone to come up with a suitable answer for an issue at hand. The problem with them? Nothing, the problem is that the bad managers that exist ignore them and the good ones placate them because their under the bad ones, lol. Sadly that makes the most heard and recognized group the extremists because they won't shut up and force feed their ideals down peoples throats. (Am I going to rant on here every night?...Possibly, it's very stress relieving.)

You know, I might have gone on one too many rants and inadvertantly diverted the topic of this thread to a meaningless pulp. (Best kept secret of the year, your prescriptions are through Express-Script.com now, not Anthem, no one bothered to bring this up.)

whenIgetthere

You know, I might have gone on one too many rants and inadvertantly diverted the topic of this thread to a meaningless pulp. (Best kept secret of the year, your prescriptions are through Express-Script.com now, not Anthem, no one bothered to bring this up.)

I found this out the hard way, when my wife went to pick up her prescriptions, and was told by the RX that our insurance had changed. Nice that fedex bothered to mention that, but communication at fedex has always been the worst I have ever seen anywhere!!! Amazing, a company that needs to tell a customer where their package is 24/7 can't communicate with their own employees at all. That goes for all management, and I know management, I spent 25 years ouside fedex in management. If I lied like fedex management, I'd have been out of a job real quick!! And I still haven't received the new ripoff.com (I mean scriptsrx.com) cards we were supposed to have received before the new year.

mungrin

Banned

I learned about the express script thing the hard way the other night. I went into the pharmacy with my anthem card and it was no good. I didn't even know what those express script cards I got in the mail were for lol.

FXManager

Nice that fedex bothered to mention that, but communication at fedex has always been the worst I have ever seen anywhere!!! Amazing, a company that needs to tell a customer where their package is 24/7 can't communicate with their own employees at all. That goes for all management, and I know management, I spent 25 years ouside fedex in management. If I lied like fedex management, I'd have been out of a job real quick!! And I still haven't received the new ripoff.com (I mean scriptsrx.com) cards we were supposed to have received before the new year.

I really don't think you can place the prescription thing on management, I'm in management and I had no clue either and found out like many are. As for all management at FedEx lying, I disagree. I won't argue that I personally don't see it happen myself as I do see it, but I refuse to take part in it. The best way to tell if a manager is a good manager.... if his people won't leave for better shifts or higher paying jobs within the company because they fear what they see others going through. If I was a liar I wouldn't be here sounding off because I'd have already given up. That's how I see this forum for the most part as people that care too much about a company that seems to care too little. I highly doubt if we all got things to compensate us to the point where we were at least satisfied with our places we'd bother coming here to voice our opinions, with a few minor exceptions. For instance if we fealt obligated to defend the company.

http://www.express-scripts.com/ I will get the phone number for them and update it early next week for you if you need, they are very nice and helped me with my situation immediately.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I see this forum for the most part as people that care too much about a company that seems to care too little. I highly doubt if we all got things to compensate us to the point where we were at least satisfied with our places we'd bother coming here to voice our opinions,

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I really don't think you can place the prescription thing on management, I'm in management and I had no clue either and found out like many are. As for all management at FedEx lying, I disagree. I won't argue that I personally don't see it happen myself as I do see it, but I refuse to take part in it. The best way to tell if a manager is a good manager.... if his people won't leave for better shifts or higher paying jobs within the company because they fear what they see others going through. If I was a liar I wouldn't be here sounding off because I'd have already given up. That's how I see this forum for the most part as people that care too much about a company that seems to care too little. I highly doubt if we all got things to compensate us to the point where we were at least satisfied with our places we'd bother coming here to voice our opinions, with a few minor exceptions. For instance if we fealt obligated to defend the company.

http://www.express-scripts.com/ I will get the phone number for them and update it early next week for you if you need, they are very nice and helped me with my situation immediately.

I don't necessarily think that all managers are massive liars, but many are. In order to impose the agenda prescribed by the top execs in MEM (who are massive liars), most managers will do whatever it takes to stay out of the crosshairs. The few managers I ever had any respect for were the ones that bucked the trend and just gave it to us straight-up. If the MEM policy was stupid, they'd say so in as many words, and work around it as best they could.

As far as being on here complaining, you're right on the money. If we had been dealt a fair hand, there wouldn't be any reason to be on this site criticizing the company.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh come on, that's not fair. Nothing good? 401k match has been restored. Of course it would be nice if we made enough to fund our 401k's better, but acid in the eyes? Over the top amigo.

There 'ya go putting on the rose colored glasses.

That 401k match should have never been stripped away to begin with and now it's restored so you think Fred's an OK guy?

Give me a break, he'll throw you under the bus faster than you can say amigo.

vantexan

There 'ya go putting on the rose colored glasses.

Just a bit too extreme with the acid in the eyes. Hey, no layoffs at Express, bigger raises in 2011, return of the full 401k match, well it's not much but I'll take what I can get. Tell me something, has all the grousing on here changed anything? We are scrambling for the crumbs from their table. That's not going to change so you either have to take it or devise a plan to get away from them. If I were younger with many years ahead of me I'd be making plans because this job isn't going to provide a future most want. But while I'm working for them I'll do the best I can by them because I'm still years away from leaving. YMMV.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just a bit too extreme with the acid in the eyes. Hey, no layoffs at Express, bigger raises in 2011, return of the full 401k match, well it's not much but I'll take what I can get. Tell me something, has all the grousing on here changed anything? We are scrambling for the crumbs from their table. That's not going to change so you either have to take it or devise a plan to get away from them. If I were younger with many years ahead of me I'd be making plans because this job isn't going to provide a future most want. But while I'm working for them I'll do the best I can by them because I'm still years away from leaving. YMMV.

Fred throws you a banana, and you're satisfied? You're right that we're scrambling for crumbs, but it's important to resist The Borg machine to the greatest extent possible. There are smart ways to throw a wrench into the gears without getting fired. Sooner or later people are going to get sick of the crap and offer some real resistance. I've mentioned before the example of the station where all the couriers just stopped working the AM sort because they had been jacked around so long on a market level raise. Most just sat on the bumpers of their trucks and demanded a meeting with the MD before they'd touch another pkg. One hour later, guess who was at the station? They had their market level granted. End of story.

Given what's transpired during the last 2 years in the political arena, we have limited options. Work slowdowns or partial stoppages are a possible answer that we need to explore. They can't fire an entire station.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
the station where all the couriers just stopped working the AM sort because they had been jacked around so long on a market level raise. Most just sat on the bumpers of their trucks and demanded a meeting with the MD before they'd touch another pkg. One hour later, guess who was at the station? They had their market level granted. End of story.
I'd like to hear more about that.

vantexan

Fred throws you a banana, and you're satisfied?

Given what's transpired during the last 2 years in the political arena, we have limited options. Work slowdowns or partial stoppages are a possible answer that we need to explore. They can't fire an entire station.

I wouldn't bet on it. I'm pretty certain that ROADS was implemented to bring in newhires very fast if a union got in. Doesn't really matter for me at this point. I'm coming off a week vacation, and last Thursday had some sharp chest pains with some weird sensations since. Left a msg on my mgr's phone that I need to go see a doctor tomorrow. I've been unloading containers for over a year now, and I really can't see doing that the way a
I feel. All these years of stressing over pay and bad mgrs along with a fast food diet may have caught up with me.