Poll: Nuke the Suze?

my2cents

I thought I would post a poll to gauge community sentiment on nuking Susie Driver's Brown Caf account. Personally, I'm getting tired of her negative ranting and I feel it's bringing down the site. I have no problem with expressing one's self, although I can't see any positive virtues from her posts. I believe she has offended just about everyone here at least once. If her account stays intact, I hope she sells all her UPS stock ASAP and leaves this board on her own accord.

susiedriver

mr_roboto,

They all need someone to hate, things are getting worse by the day in their world. They could put me on ignore, I wonder why they don't?

my2cents

Personally, I don't use the ignore feature. I merely skip over the stuff I don't wish to read. In regards to Susie's posts, I rarely read them. I mainly read the replies. Just curious to see what others are thinking about this.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
While I do not much care for her posting style, and her constant hi-jacking of threads to broaden her mission, It is not my place or yours to say whether she stays or goes. As for her ability to post, providing she understands what the rules are that we all live by, let her post.

After all, while she denigrates much of what America stands for, it is her American given right (might I also add God given right) to believe what ever she wishes, no matter how wrong or stupid. But you and I also have the right not to listen or read.

Kinda like a conversation on the telephone. Just hang up.

d PS, I voted to let you keep on posting. But like many of the others, Susie, don't let that vote go to your head and encourage some of the behavior that you have "shamefully exhibited" in the past. Its not a vote of encouragement, but a concept of what I think your rights (within reason) are.

susiedriver

Thanks (I think) Danny,
You too, can believe whatever you want, no matter how wrong or stupid it is:wink:.
I really don't think I hijack threads, the majority of my posts have been on threads I started, or in response to a specific topic. What threads have I hijacked?

I do have a tendancy to push back when pushed, I guess that offends some. Like you said though, hang up if you don't want to hear it, or put me on ignore.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Someone is playing with the results I think. When I voted, 7 were for nuking, 12 said let her post, and 2 were the third choice. Now it is 4 to nuke, and 15 to let her post?

Must be one of those sites that she posts fact from:lol:

I guess this is why I dont trust polls.

d Thanks again for the flame proof pants.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh Lord, she is getting a big head here folks. I feel it coming on!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess its to late for a recall to the voting?

Last edited:

wkmac

Oh Hell No!!!!!!!!!

Delete Susie's Account? Absolutely Not! Once you start down that road you're just inviting your own destruction IMO. After Susie, who's next? Do the bunch of us hourlies gang up and dump Tieguy? Or does Tie hook up with other management types and start dumping us off one by one.

Other than have a dissenting opinion on matters of politics and an abrasive personality that by her own admission she proudly admits and by her own words she exerts, she's done nothing wrong. When she started the thread about Amendment 25 a bunch of you mullets jumped in the boat and started flapping around like a bunch of caught fish thus my remark about someone's gone fishing and caught their limit. BTW:Nice stringer full Susie! :lol: So now like a bunch of dumb fish instead of just not jumping into the boat you want to now bar her from the lake!

Susie, over the last many weeks I've not directly responded to any of your posts other than generic responses to some of the threads. I've done so after I read a response to OK2BC in which you admitted you just wanted to stir the pot so to speak. Like you exercising your right to speak, I exercisied mine not too as this said something about your motive. Others can just as easily do the same as I have done. But bar you from posting? I say this, if the fish are dumb enough to jump in the boat then get it off the trailer and in the water sweetheart!

Returning to silence!

Last edited:

my2cents

There was a time when I used to read every post on every thread. Now my browsing here is becoming more like how I browse Teamster.net. In short, click on one or two threads of possible interest. I read a few posts which make some sense and then leave the site. Total time on the site is less than a minute. As it stands now, I skip over about 80% of the stuff that gets posted here and I'll probably get even more selective in the future.

Personally, I don't find the negative bilge remotely interesting and the Christmas thread, which turned sour, prompted me to start this thread. If she continues to post fine, although again, on a personal level, I'll spend even less time here and who knows, ban myself. I'll stick to reading the news on the homepage and refrain from the forums. Visiting this forum is becoming a drag and a waste of time.

wkmac

my2cents said:
There was a time when I used to read every post on every thread. Now my browsing here is becoming more like how I browse Teamster.net. In short, click on one or two threads of possible interest. I read a few posts which make some sense and then leave the site. Total time on the site is less than a minute. As it stands now, I skip over about 80% of the stuff that gets posted here and I'll probably get even more selective in the future.

Personally, I don't find the negative bilge remotely interesting and the Christmas thread, which turned sour, prompted me to start this thread. If she continues to post fine, although again, on a personal level, I'll spend even less time here and who knows, ban myself. I'll stick to reading the news on the homepage and refrain from the forums. Visiting this forum is becoming a drag and a waste of time.

I guess I missed the Christmas thread because like you I don't read them all either. Maybe if I had I might understand your posting a poll on the subject but it still wouldn't change what I said. BTW: I've always appreciated and I do read your posts that pertain to the issues of the pension. Great Stuff and thanks for the efforts on that!
:rockon:

susiedriver

my2cents,

Let me echo wkmacs remark of appreciating your posts on the pension.

Cheryl has generously split the board into different forums. If political discussion is not to your pleasure, stick to the other forums. I was raised to examine all sides of an issue, it seems that many here would prefer not to be presented with alternatives.

BTW, I thought your poll was in extremely poor taste.

Have a safe holiday,

Peace,

Susie

my2cents

Here's the link to the Christmas thread: http://browncafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2476 A definite mood killer for me and I'm not all that religious. This poll is poor taste. I posted this thread with great reluctance. To me, all this negativity merits a discussion. I hate seeing this board go to the lowest common denominator.

Personally, I don't care what you do Suze because I'm going to take some time off from visiting this forum. I've had enough.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
2cents

Why leave. If you object to her postings, dont read them.

wkmac:she's done nothing wrong.
?

Just becuse the posts were not there when you broused does not mean she didnt post them.

There is a reason Da Boz has had to give her and UPS girl red blocks.

d

over9five

Staff member
...and besides, she gave us her word she would never return to this board once the stock hit $80. Soon she will just be a memory.

susiedriver

.5, You must have missed this:

susiedriver said:
A final note to .5, I said immediately after my remark about leaving at $80:
Also I would be gone at $80 if you hadn't ticked me off, but I'll make you a deal...$90 and I'm gone, no changies.

A gal is allowed to change her mind once, isnt she?:wink:

tieguy

Banned
Suzie,

I think the correct response should be that the poll shows you have shown poor taste. :biggrin:

I think its a good topic. I'm dissapointed I only get one vote.:biggrin: Personally I think you should take a hiatus, join the army , serve two tours in Iraq and earn the right to badmouth your country.