Possible condition keeping me from driving?

Seahawks17

I've been working at my hub for about 3 years now and have been wanting to go full time and drive for awhile now. A lot of driving positions have opened recently in my local and I now see I have enough seniority to drive. The problem is, I'm considered legally blind in my right eye and was wondering if that would keep me from driving? I've been driving my own personal vehicle for years now and have never gotten a ticket or anything.

G

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Had a driver have a bad eye and could not pass the medical exam. You'll need to go 22.3 all inside to go FT. You have got to have 20/40 in each eye on the chart test.

barnyard

KTM rider
We just had a driver in my center try and go FT. He is also legally blind in 1 eye and could not pass the DOT physical. No driving for him.

Seahawks17

That's what I'd feared ugh. I was worried about passing the DOT physical. It just makes me mad having all these people in my hub having less seniority than me being able to go full time before me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
Look on craigslist, there is usually some quack that is doing DOT physicals for $29 or $39. Go see him, see if you pass......

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sorry for your handicap and I really hope it works out for you.

I also had a condition that would have made driving here an issue, but if you ask discreetly, UPS shorts can come with U-shaped technology :wink2:

img_38467_wrangler-u-shape-jeans.jpg

:proudmom:

upschuck

Don't lie about anything. If, God forbid, you have a serious accident, and that comes to light, then you(personally) will be sued, and fired for dishonesty, and maybe tossed in the klink.

HomeDelivery

use their tuition reimbursement program & get ahead some other way than driving...

you don't want to be the next UPSer to run over a woman at the crosswalk:deletesmiley2:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Many in management only see what they want to see. Not quite blind, but selective vision of unknown properties.

UPSGUY72

Had a driver have a bad eye and could not pass the medical exam. You'll need to go 22.3 all inside to go FT. You have got to have 20/40 in each eye on the chart test.

That is with or without corrective lenses.

I've been working at my hub for about 3 years now and have been wanting to go full time and drive for awhile now. A lot of driving positions have opened recently in my local and I now see I have enough seniority to drive. The problem is, I'm considered legally blind in my right eye and was wondering if that would keep me from driving? I've been driving my own personal vehicle for years now and have never gotten a ticket or anything.

G

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you wear glasses that make it for you can see 20/ 40 in each eye you will pass...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My wife is borderline legally blind with Retinitus Pigmentosa. She sees fine straight ahead, its her side vision thats affected. I would suggest seeing a professional that can tell you if your condition can be helped with corrective lenses to pass DOT Regs, hopefully your right eye won't have any more vision loss.

Seahawks17

I wear contact lenses, but I only wear one in my left eye. I was born with amblyopia in my right eye. Tried to fix it when I was a young kid and it didn't work. My right eye has such horrible vision that it's impossible to see anything clearly out of it. My optometrist says the only thing to cure it would be to have a completely new eye put in but that isn't possible medically yet.

Sent using BrownCafe App