Possible condition keeping me from driving?

Indecisi0n

cruel-eye-chart.jpg

Art_Norm

Took my DOT physical today, failed the vision part due to the condition of my left eye. The doctor suggested that I should apply for a vision waiver. I talked to my center manager and he said that even with a waiver I still wouldn't qualify for the job. Is that true?

oldngray

nowhere special
Took my DOT physical today, failed the vision part due to the condition of my left eye. The doctor suggested that I should apply for a vision waiver. I talked to my center manager and he said that even with a waiver I still wouldn't qualify for the job. Is that true?

Its probably true. The vision is a DOT requirement UPS has to follow.

Oak

hint hint 20/40 line of eye charts around here D E friend P O T E K
The eye test portion of the DOT exam I encountered today did not have a single letter.

Not a chart. It was done with a machine. It had diamonds, with circles in each corner, with only one complete circle. The other three were slightly broken.

Had to get the first five (each progressively smaller) correct. Each segment of the test continued until you got two consecutive incorrect.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a driver in feeders that was blind in 1 eye.. He told me he memorized the eye chart. Drove for many years in package and actually drove feeders for a while. It was finally caught on a physical, and they created a full time shifting job for him. He did that till he retired.