Possible Suspension Coming

Phenom5

Recently I’ve been forgetting to put my break in while on route. I have been informing my supervisor to add my break so there is no issues. Well he didn’t do it back in November. I told the center manager I got paid for a break I actually took. At the time he said ok just make sure you are putting it in. The next day i get a verbal warning for inputting my break but wouldn’t have gotten if i didn’t say anything. 2 months later, I forgot to put break in. I informed my ORS the very next morning before shift even started and he put it in. Center manager wrote me up anyway. Today I got a suspension letter for a 2 day suspension for not putting it in yesterday and after the letter I informed them exactly what time i took break.
Dont wanna get suspended what are my chances here. I know its on me but its a small mistake. I’m getting punished for being honest. I’m not even stealing time cause it all gets fixed before payroll.

Brownwind

Recently I’ve been forgetting to put my break in while on route. I have been informing my supervisor to add my break so there is no issues. Well he didn’t do it back in November. I told the center manager I got paid for a break I actually took. At the time he said ok just make sure you are putting it in. The next day i get a verbal warning for inputting my break but wouldn’t have gotten if i didn’t say anything. 2 months later, I forgot to put break in. I informed my ORS the very next morning before shift even started and he put it in. Center manager wrote me up anyway. Today I got a suspension letter for a 2 day suspension for not putting it in yesterday and after the letter I informed them exactly what time i took break.
Dont wanna get suspended what are my chances here. I know its on me but its a small mistake. I’m getting punished for being honest. I’m not even stealing time cause it all gets fixed before payroll.
Lunch break or paid ten/15min break???

Box Ox

Recently I’ve been forgetting to put my break in while on route. I have been informing my supervisor to add my break so there is no issues.
break has been put in just not day of.

Is there a reason you can’t put your breaks in yourself if you don’t have some kind of mental deficiency?

Want you to do well. Making excuses about this isn’t the way for you to get there.

Last edited:

Phenom5

Is there a reason you can’t put your breaks in yourself if you don’t have some kind of mental deficiency?

Want you to do well. Making excuses about this isn’t the way for you to get there.
No im just making the mistake. I usually just add everything in once back to the building. Today i added an alarm to remind me going forward. But like i said they aren’t suspending for stealing time its for lack of inputting punch.

tadpole

Why do you have to put in your break? You're getting paid for it either way so your paycheck would be correct even if you didn't adjust the timecard.

Phenom5

Why do you have to put in your break? You're getting paid for it either way so your paycheck would be correct even if you didn't adjust the timecard.
Recently I’ve noticed we’re all getting put in as pay actuals and not pay guarantee. Pay guarantee takes out the break regardless. If that was the case i wouldn’t even be getting written up.

Brownwind

No im just making the mistake. I usually just add everything in once back to the building. Today i added an alarm to remind me going forward. But like i said they aren’t suspending for stealing time its for lack of inputting punch.
Some drivers locally work with the preload and can’t enter a break while the board is recording other work. In this case one break isn’t recorded if taken with that shift. It’s left empty with only one break recorded.

Not stealing time since it’s a paid break.

What ever you do Don’t steal time EVER.

Phenom5

Some drivers locally work with the preload and can’t enter a break while the board is recording other work. In this case one break isn’t recorded if taken with that shift. It’s left empty with only one break recorded.

Not stealing time since it’s a paid break.

What ever you do Don’t steal time EVER.
I’m a Rpcd that’s at top rate. Like i said time isn’t stolen just not put in. On the letter its for failure to input. Even though if you go in the system the break is always updated. I think management doesn’t want to fix timecards anymore.

Thebrownblob

Yes going forward I’m taking at the same time everyday. I’m worried about the suspension. Steward feels like it won’t get that far.
I’m confused are you taking a break and not entering it? And why are you required to take a break if it’s paid? Only required to take lunch.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Go to your local tattoo parlor and have “take a break” tattooed on the top of your hand

Phenom5

I’m confused are you taking a break and not entering it? And why are you required to take a break if it’s paid? Only required to take lunch.
Taking a lunch but not entering it. Going to management either day of or next day and telling them to put in my break for designated time. This is not everyday but once every month or 2 months.
It sounds like you've already been suspended.
no just happened today. Steward says probably won’t happen. Should get talked down to a warning letter.

Thebrownblob

Taking a lunch but not entering it. Going to management either day of or next day and telling them to put in my break for designated time. This is not everyday but once every month or 2 months.

no just happened today. Steward says probably won’t happen. Should get talked down to a warning letter.
OK that’s different. You can’t do that, slow down record everything accurately. Make it a habit now if you plan on working here many years.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

I would fight the warning letter too.
It’s not like you did it and said screw it. You communicated for an adjustment and still get disciplined.
They’re taking it too far.

Thebrownblob

I would fight the warning letter too.
It’s not like you did it and said screw it. You communicated for an adjustment and still get disciplined.
They’re taking it too far.
Definitely file on it. But it’s his responsibility to put that lunch in. I doubt very seriously it goes anywhere.