Potential New Hire & Pension

Shiftless

I'd be applying for a Class A CDL driver position.
Being a feeder driver, willing to work nights? EASY PEASY if you get on!

Most comments are based on working your way thru the hub or center then be a package driver and then the wait list to drive feeder.

Jumping right into feeder at 50 with great health to age out at 70? Why not if that is your plan!

No big deal.

Jumping in at the bottom and working your way up the old traditional way would be delusional.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Being a feeder driver, willing to work nights? EASY PEASY if you get on!

Most comments are based on working your way thru the hub or center then be a package driver and then the wait list to drive feeder.

Jumping right into feeder at 50 with great health to age out at 70? Why not if that is your plan!

No big deal.

Jumping in at the bottom and working your way up the old traditional way would be delusional.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hello Everyone:

I'm considering applying to UPS as a new hire at age 50yrs. with the intention of working until age 70yrs. My question is how much could I potentiality accumulate/withdraw from the pension plan, presumming I'd work full-time?
@Davo53209 : contact page for the local union:Teamsters Local 344

I don't know if they have their own pension fund, or perhaps are part of a some larger fund. The above link would be an excellent place for you to start.

As far as your question about potential pension benefit, there are many variables/assumptions/projections you'd have to make. Some of the main ones: will you have a full 20 years of credits (or will there be some partial years), and marital status (now and in the future), and the financial health of the pension fund itself. To keep it simple, you should try and find out the current accrual rate. The (accrual rate)*(years of service credits)=(monthly payment to you). For example an accrual rate of $112.40 * 20 years = $2,248/month

UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023: this is a link to the National Master Contract, Central Region Supplement, and Local 344 Rider. All of which would be applicable to you. (I took a quick look, I didn't see the accrual rate in there-not that I expected it to be)

Last edited: