^%!!@*!! Power Pads

SmithBarney

I gotta say I do like the little stylus feature on this newer ppad.

NEVER USED IT yet...

Anyway we used to have about 15 spare ones, we had to send ours to other stations because of failures
We currently have NO spares, we have one CRR out on leave, and that is our spare.

The main issue is our own software, they pretty much just copied it and dumped it on the new PPADs
unfortunately there was little testing done, the software was not written for this hardware thus the problems.
Not to mention these PPADS barely make it through the day with one battery, don't worry about GPS and tracking
they've disabled it because the PPAD will die by noon if it was active. Someone dropped one at the station the screen cracked.
they are not made for the abuses of FedEx.
"WhenIgetthere", you could have Delivered it manually, and then entered the POD later at the station. ;)

SmithBarney

I thought that was already in effect. Maybe just my state.

No the new rules also include Cell phones(and Hands free cell phones as well) and apparently on the handout we were given
FedEx snuck in a line that says no food or drink either while driving..

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
FedEx snuck in a line that says no food or drink either while driving..

I read somewhere, at some time, that FDX says you cannot drink or, eat food while driving. That's been on the books for awhile. Basically, if you ever get in an accident, they will definitely find a reason to blame you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
NEVER USED IT yet...

Anyway we used to have about 15 spare ones, we had to send ours to other stations because of failures
We currently have NO spares, we have one CRR out on leave, and that is our spare.

The main issue is our own software, they pretty much just copied it and dumped it on the new PPADs
unfortunately there was little testing done, the software was not written for this hardware thus the problems.
Not to mention these PPADS barely make it through the day with one battery, don't worry about GPS and tracking
they've disabled it because the PPAD will die by noon if it was active. Someone dropped one at the station the screen cracked.
they are not made for the abuses of FedEx.
"WhenIgetthere", you could have Delivered it manually, and then entered the POD later at the station. ;)

We lose a bunch every afternoon. What a joke, especially at peak.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Luckily, our sta. is the last to receive anything new whether it be equip. or policies. Bah ha ha

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
mr. 7, consider yourself lucky, the Old PPADs would have been nice to have during peak(or any time really)

You just jinxed me. I saw some paperwork laying around a printer that was the introduction to the new Ppad.
Looks like we're getting them right at the beginning of the new year. I've told people that I haven't heard anything good about them.

Express Courier

The screen on mine got a crack in it within the first few weeks. It's right in the middle of the signature line too. Oh and I accidentally accessed the camera one day too and took a few pictures. Also I played a game of solitaire on it.

whenIgetthere

I can't even read my pickups when I'm on a pup route because the screen scratches so easily. I have to scroll up to the top line to read every pick up. Since I am an AM PT, I do pup routes blind usually and don't have all the regular stops memorized, it would be nice to be able to read all six stops on the screen at once. But, that would be too productive! lol

Express Courier

Does it gross anyone else out when you see some disgusting fingers signing the ppad? It irks me.. you know they were just picking their nose or ass or something a minute ago. Or when they answer the door with wet hands or food crumbs on their hands.. eeckk.

whenIgetthere

Does it gross anyone else out when you see some disgusting fingers signing the ppad? It irks me.. you know they were just picking their nose or ass or something a minute ago. Or when they answer the door with wet hands or food crumbs on their hands.. eeckk.

I don't know which is worse, these people or the gemifobes who won't touch it at all and use a pen to sign. I once put my powerpad down on a female germifobes desk so she could sign and she yelled at me to "get that filthy thing off my desk". I didn't, she can hold it when she signs. I will only do that favor for the elderly or the diabled.

Express Courier

My worst experience was some woman that had HAIRY HOBBIT feet and her fingernails were brown, like dried blood brown. First thought was she's a serial killer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My worst experience was some woman that had HAIRY HOBBIT feet and her fingernails were brown, like dried blood brown. First thought was she's a serial killer.

Before the PowerPad, I used to give away a lot of "free" FedEx pens to cat ladies, hoarders, and the usual suspects. Whenever they'd ask why I didn't want the pen back, I'd say we give them out as promotional items.

P1 Lates

The first day we received the new PP2 everyone started cutting off taking off that stupid attachment from the pen to the pad. Also, who invented the holsters for this thing? It seems like it only holds half the PP2. My PP2 goes down like clockwork after 1600 right during my FXO pup. So freakin' iriitating.

franknitty

Wait ! When you pickup packages from a Fedex Office stop, youre suppose to go into pickup, exceptions, Rec'd at Fedex Office then scan your packages. Once you close the stop out, the the powerpads dies then you have to do a hard reboot which takes forever. We have been informed not to scan Fedex Office pakages until further notice. The Powerpad ? What a load of crappy, crap, crap !

whenIgetthere

Wait ! When you pickup packages from a Fedex Office stop, youre suppose to go into pickup, exceptions, Rec'd at Fedex Office then scan your packages. Once you close the stop out, the the powerpads dies then you have to do a hard reboot which takes forever. We have been informed not to scan Fedex Office pakages until further notice. The Powerpad ? What a load of crappy, crap, crap !

I've been running into the same problem when I leave Kinko's (I mean, FXO). Thought it was just my PP. Haven't heard anything about not scanning them anymore, though. Hope my station follows suit.