Prediciton poll contract

Do you think this contract will go through?

• Yes

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • no

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters

kingOFchester

Will this contract go through.
Do NOT answer how you voted on the contract.
And if you like, feel free to coment why you THINK the contract will or will not go through.
thanks

FIST

Leanitus
Part-timers are finally in an uproar in So Cal, everywhere I go the no Vote across the board. Full-timers are also joining the fight like they did
in 1997. Let's pray!

tieguy

Banned
Part-timers are finally in an uproar in So Cal, everywhere I go the no Vote across the board. Full-timers are also joining the fight like they did
in 1997. Let's pray!

I pray you leave this company and find a job that makes you happy.

raceanoncr

Sure, it will go thru. Everybody, here, and in our building, always talk big. We ALL say NO, but probably put Y in the box.

Watch, when it DOES go thru, you won't find a ONE that voted yes.

This does not necessarily reflect how I voted but it's what I've seen thru many contracts here.

local804

Sure, it will go thru. Everybody, here, and in our building, always talk big. We ALL say NO, but probably put Y in the box.

Watch, when it DOES go thru, you won't find a ONE that voted yes.

This does not necessarily reflect how I voted but it's what I've seen thru many contracts here.

Wont find one that voted Yes? I dont think I understand your point here.
Too much NO2 in your lungs?

BrownShark

Banned
I pray you leave this company and find a job that makes you happy.

The feeling is mutual, however, after this contract is finally settled, I will kiss the rear end of the new CEO when he lays out his plans to regain the money lost in the new agreement by laying off senior "hub" level managers who are mostly a waste of time and money.

The day guys like you are walked out of the HUBS and into your new position with Home Depot as manager of the latrine and tub sections will be the day I buy UPS stock.

I'd close with peace, But that wouldnt be true.

:angry:

browned out

The feeling is mutual, however, after this contract is finally settled, I will kiss the rear end of the new CEO when he lays out his plans to regain the money lost in the new agreement by laying off senior "hub" level managers who are mostly a waste of time and money.

The day guys like you are walked out of the HUBS and into your new position with Home Depot as manager of the latrine and tub sections will be the day I buy UPS stock.

Wow, no peace. (just kidding) The fact is that many of the Middle Magement people at UPS are being phased out. PAS has eliminated quite a few of these positions and will continue to do so. I believe(LAS) loader assist system will do the same.

Management on this forum should spend a little more time doing something that may help them move up the corporate latter, like my management team does: (reading the UPS books and the how to get ahead in corporate america books. If you reach 45 years old or older in that position and are not showing improvement; its time to pack it in and move on. I have had more than a couple oncar sups that know this to be true and have told me "I'm just flying under their radar til I get the time in)

browned out

It probably will pass due to the quick vote deadline and the only positive information provided to the ranks.

The low turnout at the Union contract meetings means nothing as the teamsters jammed the same stuff down our throats and would not entertain questions. Only difference to UPS speach was the Teamsters spoonful of sugar to help the "bad medicine" go down.

Every contract or vote that I have ever seen has a pro and con list.

Check your newspaper next election year.

Sure there are positives to this contract but who educated us on the negatives. NO ONE

tieguy

Banned

And the day they walk you out of your center the 15 drivers who have been carrying your work load will cheer loudly. The 10 drivers you have soured with your crappy attitude will suddenly come to work with a bounce in their steps. The 120 customers you have endlessly dissapointed will suddenly see UPS in a new light. Your sups and managers will suddenly be able to shorten their work day because their negative influence is gone. And your point is?

BrownShark

Banned
And the day they walk you out of your center the 15 drivers who have been carrying your work load will cheer loudly. The 10 drivers you have soured with your crappy attitude will suddenly come to work with a bounce in their steps. The 120 customers you have endlessly dissapointed will suddenly see UPS in a new light. Your sups and managers will suddenly be able to shorten their work day because their negative influence is gone. And your point is?

Tideguy,

Let me assure you of one thing. The 395 men and women I work with, mostly my junior do everything possible to stand by my side. That goes for several yards in our district.

You have no idea.

Guys like you come and go, mostly go in these parts and its guys like me that assist in showing them the door.

There was a great district manager here a year or two ago, Don Ammons. He was a great District Manager. He took no crap from his managers no matter what level.

DON, cleaned house when he got here, fired 3 division managers, demoted several center managers and tossed in the street any on road sup that was even remotely close to mediocre.

His style was brutal but effective.

Don is no longer in our District and I can only hope he pays your part of town a visit.

Don and I had a close working relationship across the table and there was NEVER a request he declined me on.

This was real management. A hard look from the inside out.

As for my performance on the street, I assure you, I am second to none.

The sups who ride with me call me the "mayor" of the city. There is NO ONE who doesnt know me.

As for you, you are a nobody. Hopefully, Mr. Ammons finds you at your keyboard on the clock and puts his size 10 squarely in your behind and uses the cash savings on new trucks for the hard working members who make the company what it is.

Peace.:peaceful:

d-rek357

tieguy has to love his job, who wouldnt love getting on browncafe at work everyday and saying what he wouldnt to his hourly's faces....so sorry oreglord we can pray to no avail.

tieguy

Banned
Tideguy,

Let me assure you of one thing. The 395 men and women I work with, mostly my junior do everything possible to stand by my side. That goes for several yards in our district.

I guess its better then you stabbing them in the back.:wink2:

You have no idea.

Guys like you come and go, mostly go in these parts and its guys like me that assist in showing them the door.

Guys like you hold the door you meant to say.

There was a great district manager here a year or two ago, Don Ammons. He was a great District Manager. He took no crap from his managers no matter what level.
DON, cleaned house when he got here, fired 3 division managers, demoted several center managers and tossed in the street any on road sup that was even remotely close to mediocre.

He couldn't have been all that good if you're still holding the door for us.

Don is no longer in our District and I can only hope he pays your part of town a visit.

Actually he worked for me once. I shipped him out west because he spent to much time telling the drivers what a hard ass he was on management. guess you believed him.

Don and I had a close working relationship across the table and there was NEVER a request he declined me on.

not sure how don could expect to get his shoes shined if he didn't supply you with the shoe polish and brush you asked him for.

real management is someone who fires people. Ok I think we might actually agree on that one. I thought you were sympathetic towards people losing their jobs. How did you feel about don firing drivers or is just management you wanted to see get fired?

The problem is there really is someone in your center who's last name is None he was the centers least best until you showed up.

The sups who ride with me call me the "mayor" of the city. There is NO ONE who doesnt know me.

what a compliment. Can't remember the last time I saw a mayor who was worth anything.

As for you, you are a nobody. Hopefully, Mr. Ammons finds you at your keyboard on the clock and puts his size 10 squarely in your behind and uses the cash savings on new trucks for the hard working members who make the company what it is.

Ok so now your having sick depraved sexual fantasies about Mr. Ammons putting his 10 in my rear end. I think its time for me to go.

sawdusttv

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

sawdusttv

Tideguy,

You have no idea.

Peace.:peaceful:

Think about it guys.
As much as Tie is on here, he has to be on special assignment to monitor this sight. He's just another Sup. that had a job created for he because he screwed up all the real jobs he was assigned to.

OH, and Tie since I have you on my ignor list, I'd like to take this opportunity in advance to thank you for the neg. rep. that you so like to send me!!!!!:childish::childish::childish:

ogrelord

Ground Down
Think about it guys.
As much as Tie is on here, he has to be on special assignment to monitor this sight. He's just another Sup. that had a job created for he because he screwed up all the real jobs he was assigned to.

OH, and Tie since I have you on my ignor list, I'd like to take this opportunity in advance to thank you for the neg. rep. that you so like to send me!!!!!:childish::childish::childish:

I was thinking the same thing myself sawdust. I wouldn't put it past the company to do everything they could to discredit the objection raised by it's workers. Look how far tie will go to bend and twist what people say, yet he won't give you a stright answer on most question posed to him.