predictions for the next contract?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I agree with you on progressions but for some reason, they don't really use it to their advantage.
Yes, it's cheaper labor but they still send these guys home instead of using that advantage on the streets.
It's because our numbers look the same whether you're fresh out of qualifying or doing it for 30 years. Business Manager's may have a different view, but on my end, it all looks exactly the same.

Coalminer2005

I'll be 3 years 3 months into my 4 year progression at the time the new contract hits. What does that mean for people like me? Do I get grandfathered in?
Since you already started your progression during the current contract you would be grandfathered as well. Of course this is my opinion. It would be a tough sell to the union as long as the company continues to make profits.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Why would healthcare be an issue?

The company will continue to pay their H&W contribution. It will be up to the union as to how they want to distribute that money.

Progression, two tier and technology will be the principal issues to be discussed.

The issue with healthcare will be how much more we pay than the $0 we pay now.
Healthcare costs have risen higher than inflation and our annual raises.
UPS won't cover that rise because they want to help us. They took a hard stand with their own management personnel.

I do agree with you that I forgot technology. That will DEFINITELY be a hot button issue.

Dr.Brownz

Ahhh....right, so now you're an expert. Riiiight. You'll be the same person posting in few months asking about the pay rate on Black Friday or if Christmas Day is a Sunday, what day do we get off that week?

Why don't you educate him instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's because our numbers look the same whether you're fresh out of qualifying or doing it for 30 years. Business Manager's may have a different view, but on my end, it all looks exactly the same.

I understand Employee A (20 year vet) and Employee B (1 year driver) are treated blindly similar.
There's a hidden cost to everything, and I just don't get why they don't work their contractual victory of cheaper labor.
That's not an operations concern of yours but the amount of route's H&W contributions can't overcome drivers making half than other drivers.

PT Car Washer

The issue with healthcare will be how much more we pay than the $0 we pay now.
Healthcare costs have risen higher than inflation and our annual raises.
UPS won't cover that rise because they want to help us. They took a hard stand with their own management personnel.

I do agree with you that I forgot technology. That will DEFINITELY be a hot button issue.
And paying an hour a week of our wages to keep our current health care would be cheap compared to what others pay.