Preload + Helper OT

gostillerz

Just a quick question. One of my supes said that after 5 hours, we get OT. Okay, I know that part, but he also said that the guys that are helpers too, anything after 8 hours total (between both jobs) is OT also. Last week I averaged, 5.5 hours preload, plus 7.5 hours as a helper per day.

Is there any truth to this? I don't really trust the guy, and no one else at my center seems to know or care.

drewed

Shankman
The overtime for over 5 depends on location and classification.
Id say youll probably only get overtime for total number of hours worked 5.5 +7.5= 13 so 5 hrs ot for over 8

Cementups

Box Monkey
i fyou are both a helper and preload, you will get OT after 8. And you should also get paid the whole day at the higher rate of the two.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would doubt the hours get added together. I would assume this is 2 different classifications. This is something you should bring up to your Business Agent at the Union. He would know better than anyone on this board. Don't even bother with a steward, He would just be guessing.

iowa boy

Here in the central region, you have to work eight hours combined between the preload and helping or helping and working the local sort before you get OT. But here we are supposed to notify the sups so we don't go over 8, but sometimes people tend to forget things. Oops!

evilleace

Alright talked to my steward this morning and he said overtime after 8hrs. and they use whatever pay rate you got last as the pay rate to calculate ot. So if you work preload and then help and go over 8 they use your helper rate for overtime, if you are a helper and then work local sort they use your inside rate to calculate ot. I am in 710 so I don't know how it is other places.

SmithBarney

Where I was my Preload rate was better than the Helper rate, and anything over 8 for the day was OT, and I was paid my preload rate all day. Good job asking your Steward Stewart Stuart. hehe