preloader seniority

JimmyJones

to preface this post i've been employed by the ups as a preloader for about a year and a half and one of my fellow preloaders told me about these forums so i want to say hello.

i've actually enjoyed the last year and a half and this is my first issue since working brown. i was recently laid off and told to call back in the mornings to see if they have work for me. on wednesday i called and they said that there was no work, today (thursday) i talked to preloader who has less seniority than me, he was hired right before peak, and he said he was called in to wednesday. what are my options? and what would you do if you were me. thanks guys.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
File a greivance. On seniority violations. They have to make every attemp to contact from the top down. Were you home? Did you miss a phone call? If no, then get ahold of your steward and file on it.

JimmyJones

File a greivance. On seniority violations. They have to make every attemp to contact from the top down. Were you home? Did you miss a phone call? If no, then get ahold of your steward and file on it.

I was home and I even called them, they said no work don't come in. They called the guy below me to come in and work. :dissapointed:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was home and I even called them, they said no work don't come in. They called the guy below me to come in and work. :dissapointed:

Sorry the company is, for lack of better terms, screwing you. You need to call your local right away ( you are a dues paying member, right???) Make them earn their money so you can earn your money and benes. Like others said, you have the right to work before anyone else on the preload that has less seniority, plain and simple.