Preloader to seasonal driving ????

UPSmechanicinblue

When a seniority preloader signs up to be a seasonal driver but the volume is down so he is now now working. He is not allowed to preload due to the center is using training seasonal preloaders. He would like to preload again due to missing out on working, Is this correct? what are his options? Central region region- Michigan rider If anyone can help or need more info please let me know. Thanks

Up In Smoke

The new SSD language should protect your rights to work both sort and seasonal driving. Have your steward refresh the management on the language.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The new SSD language should protect your rights to work both sort and seasonal driving. Have your steward refresh the management on the language.
I thought his primary job (sorting) is mandatory and then if he wants to do the SSD driving he can if available. He should also have first dibs on the driving part over any gypo scrubs that come in from off the street to do the driving… @542thruNthru would know more than me though.

542thruNthru

I thought his primary job (sorting) is mandatory and then if he wants to do the SSD driving he can if available. He should also have first dibs on the driving part over any gypo scrubs that come in from off the street to do the driving… @542thruNthru would know more than me though.
@Up In Smoke pretty much nailed it. I've never heard of preloaders being turned into seasonal FT drivers before. Seems counter productive.

When a seniority preloader signs up to be a seasonal driver but the volume is down so he is now now working. He is not allowed to preload due to the center is using training seasonal preloaders. He would like to preload again due to missing out on working, Is this correct? what are his options? Central region region- Michigan rider If anyone can help or need more info please let me know. Thanks
Well when that happens here they usually put them on a reload afternoon shift so they do not violate their DOT hours in case they need to drive the next day

UPSmechanicinblue

Think @UPSmechanicinblue maybe leaving out some key info? Think this has to do with the new language for hub rats being able to drive Christmas help.
I maybe missing info, we even have a part time going full time feeder for peak and does vacation coverage during the summer. No one else signed that cover bid. we are a 30 sum driver center. Only thing that changed this contract is part time could now be a PVD and first choice to do PVD that I know of. None want to use their own vehicle, I think this is something knew they are doing in the area. with the part-time to full-time for peak I will know more Monday . Remember we are in the Michigan rider and in the central region suplement I am sure it's different everywhere

PT Car Washer

@Up In Smoke pretty much nailed it. I've never heard of preloaders being turned into seasonal FT drivers before. Seems counter productive.
Why would it be counter productive? My building has allowed PT to take a FT Seasonal job for years. When not driving for lack of work they go back to their PT job just as long as it would not violate DOT regs.

Brownwind

Are you a tcd or the new ssd?

Trucker Clock

This should fall under the Master.

Article 26

Notwithstanding any Supplement, Rider or Addendum,
the provisions in this Section shall apply to Peak delivery
operations where employees utilize their personal vehicles.

Existing part-time employees shall be allowed to sign an
interest list between August 15th and September 15th each
year to perform this work between November 1st and the end
of the seasonal period in the applicable Supplement, Rider or
Addendum. Existing part-time employees who have signed
the intent list shall perform work covered by this Section
before the new hires referenced below. Existing part-time
employees who have signed the intent list shall be offered the
work opportunities in accordance with the provisions of the
applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

Part-time employees shall be paid their inside rate or the
RPCD start rate, whichever is higher. Part-time employees
performing their inside job and seasonal package deliveries
using their own vehicle shall have an eight (8) hour daily
guarantee, but shall be obligated to complete their inside job
in addition to performing seasonal support work.
Prior to
offering the work covered by this Section, existing Temporary
Cover drivers and other similar part-time cover
classifications (e.g., regular, temporary or utility drivers)
shall, however, maintain the first right to perform this
delivery work in accordance with the terms of the applicable
Supplement, Rider or Addendum.