Preloader Verbal Warning Tips for Future

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Not at all uncommon. Keep showing up for work and the termination will become irrelevant.

Heh I overslept this morning and I actually didn't call in until about 7 a.m. Idgaf though. When your main strategy to motivate your workforce is fear and your employee is no longer scared to lose their job then you lost

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I am having some concerns and I wanted to clarify and distinguish between what actual policy is and what is BS. I am a newer preloader and I am the target apparently as of right now. Things have been good since November when I was hired. In the beginning I was mainly talked to about “Handling a package one time” because I would go through at the end and make sure the pals were in order.

I write the PAL on every package because if I dont they harass me which is fine, I feel like it makes things easier.

I have only ever been sternly talked to about misloading (even though others are loading my cars at the end). I have tried to deny help if I am stacked at the end to prevent the misload issue (like everyone else) but they tell me to go chew.I work as fast as I possibly can but they move me each day so it's hard to really get used to any pick. I have a lot of great days where I don’t need to really stack out at all. I work on a box line with three trucks.

Today I was randomly reprimanded by the hub or preload supervisor (the one i charge of the PT preload sups)who is fairly new there but not new to the company. He said supposedly I am not working as directed and “it's not just one supervisor that said that, it's all of them”. He would not specify what he was even referring to until I asked for a third time.

He said “all of them” said that I stack packages that i'm not supposed to and go through at the end and waste time re doing my truck and I have not done that in at least two months now. I learned to get it in the right spot the first time. He argued that they say I touch the package more than once. I told him that sometimes to get the PAL in order you have to slide a box over or whatever (adjusting the load as needed). He didn't believe a word I said. This was a shock to me because no one has disciplined me or talked to me about anything in a long while now so this is out of nowhere. I have overheard one sup multiple times, back when it was an issue, telling the others right before i start my shift that I need to focus on not doing that. But i haven't done it in the longest time so why is this guy harassing me!

I'm not allowed to stack, and Im not allowed to let stuff pass me or the guy in front of me will just pull it and toss it into my walking space. I asked him to let it go... if I am unable to pull it that means the flow is too heavy, I am literally at a brisk pace my entire shift and always try to stay ahead of the work area. The supervisor told him to pull it anyways and stack it all.

Also, do i have any right at all to not allow people to load my trucks especially when it's unnecessary? I asked the forced “help” to pull from the belt instead of loading and the sup purposely told him to LOAD... it was not start time for drivers until another 30 min and I wasn't stacked with anything besides RDR.

What do I need to do to get these guys off of my back? Obviously My main focus tomorrow is literally working as directed which I was apparently not doing. Most get way more stacked out then I ever do.

Its like im damned if I do and damned if i don't!
They need bodies. Dont worry about it.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I am having some concerns and I wanted to clarify and distinguish between what actual policy is and what is BS. I am a newer preloader and I am the target apparently as of right now. Things have been good since November when I was hired. In the beginning I was mainly talked to about “Handling a package one time” because I would go through at the end and make sure the pals were in order.

I write the PAL on every package because if I dont they harass me which is fine, I feel like it makes things easier.

I have only ever been sternly talked to about misloading (even though others are loading my cars at the end). I have tried to deny help if I am stacked at the end to prevent the misload issue (like everyone else) but they tell me to go chew.I work as fast as I possibly can but they move me each day so it's hard to really get used to any pick. I have a lot of great days where I don’t need to really stack out at all. I work on a box line with three trucks.

Today I was randomly reprimanded by the hub or preload supervisor (the one i charge of the PT preload sups)who is fairly new there but not new to the company. He said supposedly I am not working as directed and “it's not just one supervisor that said that, it's all of them”. He would not specify what he was even referring to until I asked for a third time.

He said “all of them” said that I stack packages that i'm not supposed to and go through at the end and waste time re doing my truck and I have not done that in at least two months now. I learned to get it in the right spot the first time. He argued that they say I touch the package more than once. I told him that sometimes to get the PAL in order you have to slide a box over or whatever (adjusting the load as needed). He didn't believe a word I said. This was a shock to me because no one has disciplined me or talked to me about anything in a long while now so this is out of nowhere. I have overheard one sup multiple times, back when it was an issue, telling the others right before i start my shift that I need to focus on not doing that. But i haven't done it in the longest time so why is this guy harassing me!

I'm not allowed to stack, and Im not allowed to let stuff pass me or the guy in front of me will just pull it and toss it into my walking space. I asked him to let it go... if I am unable to pull it that means the flow is too heavy, I am literally at a brisk pace my entire shift and always try to stay ahead of the work area. The supervisor told him to pull it anyways and stack it all.

Also, do i have any right at all to not allow people to load my trucks especially when it's unnecessary? I asked the forced “help” to pull from the belt instead of loading and the sup purposely told him to LOAD... it was not start time for drivers until another 30 min and I wasn't stacked with anything besides RDR.

What do I need to do to get these guys off of my back? Obviously My main focus tomorrow is literally working as directed which I was apparently not doing. Most get way more stacked out then I ever do.

Its like im damned if I do and damned if i don't!

UPS routinely goes through different "flavors of the month" that they like to ride preloaders and drivers on. Next month they'll move onto something (or someone) else and leave you alone.

Currently at my center its load quality/audits. God in heaven on high help you if you don't have at least a 14 inch clear walk space down the middle of the truck.

clean hairy

should i file for harassment or over managing. I wanted to do that but I dont really know the steward and not sure if hes a good or "bad" steward and am worried a target might be placed on me. I guess well see if anything else happens.....
Filing means you are standing up for yourself.