Preloader...what to expect for the first couple weeks

Al-linskiii

I've been working at ups for 5 days now. The physical part of the job isn't so bad for my set. BUT I am struggling to keep a fast pace of loading packages and trying not to stack up my boxes. Any tips?

Al-linskiii

Day 6 and I feel like I'm improving but I feel like the gap of time when I pick up a package and load it in the car is to long. I tend to write the HIN # on every package but I seem some other ppl who don't even do it. Any advice to keep a fast pace?

haller

I've been working at ups for 5 days now. The physical part of the job isn't so bad for my set. BUT I am struggling to keep a fast pace of loading packages and trying not to stack up my boxes. Any tips?

Stack as much as you want safely and don't misload. Put away as much as you can when you have nothing coming down the belt. Peel the sticker off, (if your center has them) saves time not having to write down the #.

Last edited:

Al-linskiii

Stack as much as you want safely and don't misload. Put away as much as you can when you have nothing coming down the belt. Peel the sticker off, (if your center has them) saves time not having to write down the #.

Thanks for the advice I'll try it!