Preloaders

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
After 8 hours, workers get a lunch off the clock, its most state law I think.

Whats whack about peak to me, they hire all these new people and call them "help". Yet, they bring the insiders in 1, 2, 3AM and sooner or later made to help the "helpers" out. I complain about it ever year, because it makes no sense. Moreso, they give them the lightest work out there. I see people loading one car, spliting a belt all night etc etc. These people arnt helping, they're just in the way. Its nice that UPS puts people to work for a few extra dollars for the holidays, but come on, its a joke.

tre305

My second peak season we started at 11:30pm on a Sunday night all the way to 9am Monday morning, three breaks altogether. Doubt that'll ever happen again though at my center. Even if we do peak around 30k packages

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Oh yea, by the way to add to my earlier post, we had only gotten one 10 minute break per shift that averaged over 8 hours per shift which IMO is bs. I do not understand how UPS thinks working people like that is productive considering the longer you work without a decent break the slower you go because you get exhausted and protecting yourself from injury

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh yea, by the way to add to my earlier post, we had only gotten one 10 minute break per shift that averaged over 8 hours per shift which IMO is bs. I do not understand how UPS thinks working people like that is productive considering the longer you work without a decent break the slower you go because you get exhausted and protecting yourself from injury
In NY, over 6 hours entitles you to a 30 min lunch per state law. They get pissy when you enforce it during peak, but during peak you are working balls to the walls. you need more than a 10 min break.

konsole

I remember 2:30 in the mid 90's. That's a long 6 1/2 hours with no break, or heat.

I think last year the earliest was around 12:30-12:45, but that was only for 1 or 2 days. Then I think it was 1:30-2:00 for several more days. In years past I do remember getting sometimes two 10 minute breaks for a few days atleast and even one 20 minute break. I think last year there was only one day that we had more then one 10 minute break. Whether they gave us more then 10 minutes in years past because they where being nice or it was actual contract requirement I'm no sure, but it sure is a welcome site to have something more then 10 minutes when working for 5-7 hours. I may be alone on this but I would gladly take a 30 minute unpaid break during peak, rather then a 10 minute paid break.

kmac126

so normally we get done around 8:20, and right we are starting at 4:20
when peak comes and the time starts going back to 3am, 2am, etc., does this mean we still get off at 8 am? or do we get off earlier?

:thumbup:this is my first peak season