Preloading then driver helping

nate4027

I am a veteran preloader but will be soon going out and driver helping after preload. Anyone know the amount of hours I can work driver helping and what the pay is? Thanks, by the way I am from the central plains district.

wgf46

I'm my region you have to sign up to driver help, pay is $8.50 phr and to my knowledge there is no maximum hrs you can help. Sad we don't get our regular rate.

Southwestern

It may vary from region-to-region, but in Central States, the contract guarantees insiders only eight hours between their regular shift + helping. So if you're in a facility in which your regular shift exceeds eight hours, the company doesn't have to utilize you as a helper. But it depends on your coordinator... I had some that strictly enforced the rule, some that would try to keep you with as few hours as possible (in other words, if you worked an 8-hour shift, they'd assign you to the a route with the fewest hours) and others that simply didn't care unless you exceeded 12 (now 13) hours (at that point, you get flagged on a print out).

gostillerz

I am a veteran preloader but will be soon going out and driver helping after preload. Anyone know the amount of hours I can work driver helping and what the pay is? Thanks, by the way I am from the central plains district.

There's no hour limit since you're not driving. Figure everything after 5 hours on preload is overtime, and everything after 8 combining both jobs. If they say you can only be with a driver for 3 hours, I'd tell whoever does the helper stuff in the morning you want to help out another guy if they need it. You can make some really good money in December.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

There's no hour limit since you're not driving. Figure everything after 5 hours on preload is overtime, and everything after 8 combining both jobs. If they say you can only be with a driver for 3 hours, I'd tell whoever does the helper stuff in the morning you want to help out another guy if they need it. You can make some really good money in December.

No where that I know of pays overtime after 8 hours combined.