Prerecord deliveries til after 1

A

Anonymous769

You all cry to much, LOL. Just do as we (but not ME) do for the deliveries, follow instructions...Deliver as usual but prerecord all business deliveries made from 12 to 1 pm til after 1 and then stop complete them. Isn't this obsurd? Why doesn't management get fired, and how can Atlantl be so nieve???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You all cry to much, LOL. Just do as we (but not ME) do for the deliveries, follow instructions...Deliver as usual but prerecord all business deliveries made from 12 to 1 pm til after 1 and then stop complete them. Isn't this obsurd? Why doesn't management get fired, and how can Atlantl be so nieve???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Im not sure how that works.
I started sheeting a stop at 100 and stop complete at 103 and got gigged for 7 missed. So Im thinking its 11:58 to 101, as 1159 is 1200 and 1:00 is the same as 1259......I hear I have a union letter coming for it......Maybe if you hit the prerecord,,,pretty trivial if you ask me. I think its a point where they should trust the driver, I make sure my customers get their stuff. I know who is closed and who just isnt going to be there, unmanned warehouses etc. Just more busy work and all important paperwork. Something to rate which doesnt really need to be.

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
..."prerecord all business deliveries made from 12 to 1 pm til after 1 and then stop complete them."

That sounds like falsification of documents.
That is an integrity problem.
Report the management team to the ethics hotline.

DS

Fenderbender
this one bugs me...just deliver every package on time and
dont try to deliver to places that might be closed between
12 and 1,why prerecord anything unless you are stuck with
nothing else to do?

SmithBarney

Are you saying you can't deliver from 12-1 now... or
are you talking about 12-1 misses or closed (in the past i was able
to prerecord stops, and later mark them as closed) such as places
closed for the day etc, if they are regularly scheduled to be closed 12-1
its your job to deliver...

Cementups

Box Monkey
how about just sheeting it later.......if you're not even going to attempt, knowing the business is closed, then you are falsifying records by sheeting jsut to get the extra stop.

Aaron

I do my commericial between 12-1 all the time. They never close at those times anyhow. You'll only get dinged if you close it out as closed between 12-1.

trickpony1

how do you get to ethics hotline??

It's an 800 number that is supposed to be openly posted about the building......except sometimes it's rather concealed because management doesn't want you calling it.
If you can't find it maybe someone can PM it to you since the moderators don't want it posted on this forum.

Some people say to expect severe retaliation if you call the ethics hotline.

disneyworld

It's an 800 number that is supposed to be openly posted about the building......except sometimes it's rather concealed because management doesn't want you calling it.
If you can't find it maybe someone can PM it to you since the moderators don't want it posted on this forum.

Some people say to expect severe retaliation if you call the ethics hotline.
UPS will probably trace the call. Call from a pay phone(if you can find one).

Channahon

The hotline is serviced by an outside company. Calls can be made anonymously, however, a response will not be given back to the employee who called in. UPS must respond within 7 days of receving the concern or complaint.
Now if you give your name a response will be presented by the outside company once UPS responds.

Channahon

do you care to comment on whether the caller, if they give their name, should expect retaliation?
In my experience I have not seen any retaliation against an employee who called in a concern. The concerns are generally routed to HR and Security depending on the content.

A UPS management person who would put themself in that position, would expose UPS to a lawsuit regarding harassment. Corporate or local attorneys may be involved with the response to the employee.

The answer is not reviewed with the employee at the UPS facility. The answer is generally sent to their home or a phone call.
The concerned employee is asked if they are satisfied with the response, if not, further research may be requested of UPS.

I have seen where employees have somewhat abused the hotline with bogus information, or just not being satisfied with the response.

raceanoncr

do you care to comment on whether the caller, if they give their name, should expect retaliation?

I have called several times on various issues and have not been targeted for retaliation on THESE matters! I have had each and every problem reviewed with me, in the building, with all concerned. Note, I DID NOT say problem RESOLVED! I just said reviewed. BUT, I also make sure I have all my facts straight and "ducks in a row". I do not call frivolously or just to get somebody in trouble. And, I always leave my name and contact information. How can I know if anything was ever done about the problem if they don't know who the problemers or the problemees are?

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
CRAZYGILL -That conduct line number is 1-800-220-4126.
I think it is a national number. They will respond faster if you give your name. I used to think it was a whitewash, but I have seen two serious ones wind up in a termination. It is a good tool for both union and non-union employees.

canon

How d id a conversation about deliveries between 12-1 turn into a conversation about ethics complaints?

It's the ethics behind being instructed to prerecord businesses as closed between 12-1 and stop completing them after 1... without going back to reattempt.

The rule is to allow businesses the opportunity to receive their packages without worring about missing the delivery while they are at lunch. We can't cover every lunch schedule, so they came up with one they felt is most common. It gives the customer a time frame to know they can be out of office during that time and not miss the driver. Prerecording the stop during that hour, then stop completing it becomes falsifying records... the stop was made during the observed lunch hour. Not after.

It's a breech of ethics, one I don't follow despite mgmt's "tips" of how to get around the corporate obstacle. I don't think it's something big enough to call in about... I just know they aren't going to be dragging me into a greviance meeting to explain why i won't falsify records. In this case the ball is in my court and I'll be playing the game by corporate rules.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Work around places you know are closed and deliver before or after lunch. Not that complicated. Always remember....miles are money!