Prerecord

By The Book

Someone please explain Prerecord for apt complexes? I don't understand. I sheet all apt's separately. What are you using prerecord for?
If you have an apt complex that takes packages for the residents, it comes in handy. It's just another way of saying you did a left at.

By The Book

Sorry if I'm just daft, but how does prerecord help you in that situation? If you had 5 in an apt building that were NI, and took them to the leasing office, you would then have 5 individual stops to bring out of prerecord to finish.
Yes, and you won't have to re attempt those 5 tomorrow.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am glad you asked. :biggrin:

After one of the diad 5 software updates, the "soft keys" became more sensitive.

There were numerous issues.... with NDA's in prerecord.

No fault of the driver.

The "way" to get around this;

While the stop is still in prerecord, you tag it as "Left at" commercial.

Then, hit signature. And (with the stylus) Print receiver.

Clarify the signature, by typing receiver.

Enter.... stop complete.... and location.

No late air.

While the stop is still in prerecord, it holds the time.

If you open the stop, it changes the time.

Imagine.... all the other things.... management doesn't tell you.

-Bug-
I guess that explains why the scenario I had mentioned just before you posted this didn't result in late air. LOL! . One time I had like 25 NDAs but luckily I had only scanned three of them when I accidentally hit prerecord.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Don't have any late airs. You'll be discharged for failure to work as directed.
image.jpg

By The Book

I had a late air about 6 years ago by scanning the air pkg first and realizing there were more growing to go with it. I didn't know where they were and put the air in prerecord to find the location. When I found the ground I scanned them and delivered them, and you guessed it forgot to bring the air out of prerecord. Got a message from my sup later asking me if I delivered the air. Oops!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry if I'm just daft, but how does prerecord help you in that situation? If you had 5 in an apt building that were NI, and took them to the leasing office, you would then have 5 individual stops to bring out of prerecord to finish.
if you go to an apartment and they are home they sign and you take credit for the stop if they're not there put in the board not in one stop complete then take the stops that are not home take them to the apartment manager preRecord all of them and then dup res then have the manager sign...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've accidentally put a bulk stop in prerecord quite a few times on one of our industrial routes. Each time it included air. :headache: The first time it happened I used prerecord later in the day and didn't really pay attention to the screen and just kept hitting Left At Commercial and completed that stop. A few seconds after I completed the stop something in the back of my mind clicked and I suddenly had the feeling that I maybe saw something in prerecord that wasn't part of the current stop. :oops: LOL!
we're dealing with too many damn packages a day at this kind of stuff going to happen

SCV good to go sir.

This is why I don't use prerecord with NDA. Had a close call once where I prerecorded an NDA for a business and a ground to the business right next to it. The owner signed for the ground, but there was no one at the business with the air. I forgot about having it in prerecord so I scanned it again and sheeted it as not in. I went back later, remembered I had it in prerecord, went into it and almost stop completed it before remembering that it would show up late.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Then the office is closed for some reason, and you either have to go back to each apartment, or hit no delivery notice left on every stop. That was not a well thought out decision at all.

After one of the diad 5 software updates, the "soft keys" became more sensitive.

No fault of the driver.

No late air.

-Bug-
I can talk my way out of late air. I'm pretty sure I can't talk my way out of your example.

Dr.Brownz

I use prerecord (outside of peak) to make a list when I do large apt complexes or if I have alot of one street I will make a list to keep the numbers straight.

Dr.Brownz

I have one that averages 30 a day. It's really sweet. ORION computer shows a time allowance of just over one hour to do the building.

One hour to wander the halls, listening to music in 72° and dry comfort.

LOL so do you do them all real quick and then jack off for a half hour or do you do it at snails pace?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can talk my way out of late air. I'm pretty sure I can't talk my way out of your example.
Yep....just say you couldn't find the air...works well when you have a bricked out truck everyday like I do...hell I could have multiple late airs and nothing would be said. If they want my air on time stop throwing it in the middle of my truck..

ArcherUTR

No fault of the driver.

No late air.

-Bug-
How is this a trick, it's the same as getting a signature in prerecorded packages before 10:30 or if still in prerecord LA after 10:30?

You are just forging a name per your management's instructions so you don't have to bring the packages out of prerecord where they will get a new time stamp.

Last edited:
O

OLDMAN3

No late air.

-Bug-
So all you are doing is not taking it out of prerecord...Then hitting "Left at" then commercial.

I see no need to do what you suggest next, which is where the "integrity issues" would come into play...Namely
"(with the stylus) Print receiver.
Clarify the signature, by typing receiver."

Instead just get the signature, and stop complete (going back to the location if you have driven to the next stop already)
If it was a residential after hitting "Left at" hit residential and obtain the signature.

This solves 2 integrity issues with your trick...
1 The driver is not touching the stylus to the signature pad which could be construed as dishonest
2 The NDA will be shown by GPS as being stop completed at the correct coordinates since you get a signature from the customer.

If you go back and there is no one to sign, have a neighbor sign...That is what "Left at" is for anyway.

I would not use this as a trick by prerecording the NDA away from the stop, then driving to the stop to purposely avoid late NDA. That will likely get you fired with GPS active. Only if you accidentally prerecord (while at the stop) only to realize it is in prerecord after 10:30.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcherUTR

if you go to an apartment and they are home they sign and you take credit for the stop if they're not there put in the board not in one stop complete then take the stops that are not home take them to the apartment manager prerecord all of them and then dup res then have the manager sign...

I do it slightly differently. If they are not home and I know that the office will sign, I will fill out and scan an info notice stating that the package (a) needed to be signed for and will be indirected to the office. That way the customer knows to look for their package in the office during open hours. I do not N1 the package, I just put it in prerecord and continue on with the rest of my stops in the same complex.

Once finished with the apartment complex, I take all of the unsigned packages to the office. I go back into the prerecord function and tag all of the stops as LA RES. If there was one for the office I put it in prerecord as well but tag it LA COM. I then get one signature and press (7) for Office delivery location. Then I retype the word 'office' when the board asks where I indirected the packages.

If the office happens to be closed, then I will Not In the packages. I do not go back and change the information on the info notices that I previously left behind. If possible, I will swing by the office again later if it does not cost me miles.

I guess it's pretty much the same thing, but you all's way involves more steps and I guess I don't really understand the point.

ArcherUTR

Why do you other guys NI1 the packages first, and then rescan dup later? What do you put on the info notices, NI1 and that you will be back tomorrow?

ArcherUTR

This prerecord NDA has been an issue for over five years now dating back to the DIAD IV's. They've been able to tell Scan-Drive-Release for just as long as well. This recent lawsuit has made it a hot button, soft key button, issue.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How is this a trick, it's the same as getting a signature in prerecorded packages before 10:30?

You are just forging a name per your management's instructions so you don't have to bring the packages out of prerecord where they will get a new time stamp.
Just do a sign delivery notice...lol.