Prerecord

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's pretty sad that we all spend so much time bitching, whining, strategizing, debating, etc over some stupid boxes and how to deliver a cardboard parcel...you can thank the company for that...by blowing everything out of proportion.

O

OLDMAN3

"Just do a sign delivery notice...lol."

I don't get it.
What they are suggesting is putting stops in prerecord before you get to the stop and then using the "Left at" button as a way of avoiding getting a new time stamp to avoid getting a late NDA alert/report.
This is just as dishonest as scanning them ahead of time and typing in a fake signed delivery notice away from the stop, as coldworld jokes.

The Left at trick can be used honestly to avoid a new time stamp, IF and only IF you are at the stop on time and accidentally put it in prerecord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why do you other guys NI1 the packages first, and then rescan dup later? What do you put on the info notices, NI1 and that you will be back tomorrow?
Take it to the office that way when someone tracks the pkg it shows as an attempt at the individual apt but was ultimately signed for by the mgr...I think many drivers do it this way because they think they get better time credit this way instead of prerecording 15 stops that take you 40 minutes to do, in actuality if someone was looking at your times it would should you not doing anything for 40 minutes (using my example)..even if you get some time for the left at I don't believe it is that much..regardless, apt stops are the biggest time scam out there right after bulk stops....

UT Vols

If you have a buisness saver that you attempt between 12-1 but they're closed. You put it in prerecord then complete the stop between 3-5 it's late air.

ArcherUTR

Take it to the office that way when someone tracks the pkg it shows as an attempt at the individual apt but was ultimately signed for by the mgr...I think many drivers do it this way because they think they get better time credit this way instead of prerecording 15 stops that take you 40 minutes to do, in actuality if someone was looking at your times it would should you not doing anything for 40 minutes (using my example)..even if you get some time for the left at I don't believe it is that much..regardless, apt stops are the biggest time scam out there right after bulk stops....

If you are using the 'dup' button then you are only getting 7 seconds per package. I don't know if there is a time allowance difference between a delivery and a not in. But yes, you would get 7 extra seconds for each package that you took to the office. You get no extra credit for stops.

If you are getting individual signatures for each apartment that was not in while at the office you are either severely under trained, an idiot, or stealing time. And if you are doing this one signature at a time after individually Not In-ing each stop while at the individual apartment...I've got no more words.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you are using the 'dup' button then you are only getting 7 seconds per package. I don't know if there is a time allowance difference between a delivery and a not in. But yes, you would get 7 extra seconds for each package that you took to the office. You get no extra credit for stops.

If you are getting individual signatures for each apartment that was not in while at the office you are either severely under trained, an idiot, or stealing time. And if you are doing this individually after individually Not In-ing each stop while at the individual apartment...I've got no more words.
You would have the mgr sign once and tag all of the individual Apts as dup res....how is that stealing time.

ArcherUTR

You would have the mgr sign once and tag all of the individual Apts as dup res....how is that stealing time.

I'm not saying that what you described is stealing time, all I was saying is that you are only gaining 7 seconds per package.

I was separately speaking of drivers NI each door and then going to the office with those packages and getting an individual signature on each stop from the same management person.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

If you are getting individual signatures for each apartment that was not in while at the office you are either severely under trained, an idiot, or stealing time. And if you are doing this one signature at a time after individually Not In-ing each stop while at the individual apartment...I've got no more words.
I really doubt you get any time for using the dup button...If you have a pkg you couldn't find for a commercial stop and find it later on and go back they want you to dup the stop and I don't think you get ANY time for going back...you just eat the time which is totally bogus especially on routes where the trucks are totally full...it never use to be that way...we could take an extra stop for something if it wasn't on the right shelf or had a bad address but not anymore..another company scam..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm not saying that what you described is stealing time, all I was saying is that you are only gaining 7 seconds per package.

I was separately speaking of drivers NI each door and then going to the office with those packages and getting and individual signature on each stop from the same management person.
True. .but I have known drivers who have done this. .or drivers who won't even go to the individual apt and just go to the mgr to sign..not leave a notice or nothing. ...This happens more than you think

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You get credit for the packages, but not the stop. Each package is worth seven seconds.
Well then using my last example you would be over allowed for going back to a commercial stop anyway so why even give us 7 seconds..why even give us any time at all. .total fing scam

ArcherUTR

I really doubt you get any time for using the dup button...If you have a pkg you couldn't find for a commercial stop and find it later on and go back they want you to dup the stop and I don't think you get ANY time for going back...you just eat the time which is totally bogus especially on routes where the trucks are totally full...it never use to be that way...we could take an extra stop for something if it wasn't on the right shelf or had a bad address but not anymore..another company scam..
you get credit for the packages, but not for the stop. Each package is worth seven seconds.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure if you get a time allowance for an obtained signature on a duplicated stop. Like for example if you never left Walmart, but realize that you had one more package for the vision center then went back and used the duplicate button and got a signature.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What they are suggesting is putting stops in prerecord before you get to the stop and then using the "Left at" button as a way of avoiding getting a new time stamp to avoid getting a late NDA alert/report.
This is just as dishonest as scanning them ahead of time and typing in a fake signed delivery notice away from the stop, as coldworld jokes.

The Left at trick can be used honestly to avoid a new time stamp, IF and only IF you are at the stop on time and accidentally put it in prerecord.
I really don't care if it's late or not....just blame Obama. ..lol

O

OLDMAN3

True. .but I have known drivers who have done this. .or drivers who won't even go to the individual apt and just go to the mgr to sign..not leave a notice or nothing. ...This happens more than you think
So tell me if a driver should get credit for 15 stops (addressed to 15 residents) if he sweet talks the apt manager into signing for 15 residents and having the manager call each apt to come done and get their boxes.

Should he get credit for all 15 if he does not even buzz them all himself?
Should he get credit for all 15 if he is allowed to DR them inside the front door of a security bldg but gets the sig from the manager for extra protection from claims?
Should he get credit for 15 if he buzzes them but DRs them inside the security door?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you get credit for the packages, but not for the stop. Each package is worth seven seconds.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure if you get a time allowance for and obtained signature on a duplicated stop. Like for example if you never left Walmart, but realize that you had one more package for the vision center then went back and used the duplicate button and got a signature.
I doubt you get any extra time...that's why they say if you have to go back you need to dup the stop..or your stealing time...unless it's doing air and ground at different times or they run a pkg out to you that you already have been to...we can't pad those stops guys..Please

ArcherUTR

If my wheels turned and I am returning later, even minutes later, I am not 'dupping' :censored2:. It is a separate stop. Even if it was an honest mistake on my part.

ArcherUTR

I hate when cover drivers just take everything to the office and don't bother attempting the apartment doors. I have to hear about it for the next few days.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So tell me if a driver should get credit for 15 stops (addressed to 15 residents) if he sweet talks the apt manager into signing for 15 residents and having the manager call each apt to come done and get their boxes.

Should he get credit for all 15 if he does not even buzz them all himself?
Should he get credit for all 15 if he is allowed to DR them inside the front door of a security bldg but gets the sig from the manager for extra protection from claims?
Should he get credit for 15 if he buzzes them but DRs them inside the security door?
If he goes to each individual door of a secure building..yes.If they just dump all 15 in one spot inside a secure door..no...but I'm sure we'll get the proper lowdown tomorrow morning when upstate gets up at 430 and the first thing he does is checks the previous nights posts to see what he missed....
I'm sure the pkg Guru Will Set Us All Right In The Ways Of Proper Package Delivery

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hate when cover drivers just take everything to the office and don't bother attempting the apartment doors. I have to hear about it for the next few days.
Runners will do this on a regular basis...I hate it when they actually go to the apt but don't take them to the mgr....nothing like having an extra 10 send agains

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If my wheels turned and I am returning later, even minutes later, I am not 'dupping' :censored2:. It is a separate stop. Even if it was an honest mistake on my part.
I totally agree but with my big brown 1200 turd packed to the gills I usually have to go back to 4 or 5 stops daily and I always dup the stop...maybe that's why I'm overallowed...I will usually go back and finally deliver during pickups to help with the lost time but I really don't care...ups didn't care how they loaded the truck why should I care either...it's a two way street