President Biden: One Year In Office. Success Or Failure?

rickyb

You’re right to a certain extent but the gilded age is much closer to how you view modern America.
Labor has won many great victories and the system you decry is making most of us happy and comfortable.
Democracy gets stronger or weaker over time. usa democracy been weaker since 1970s

rickyb

How do these people trick you into believing your standard of living is below someone even from the 90’s much less the 70’s. You people never cease to crack me up.
its called real wages. its been flat since 73.

Look at incomes to housing prices. way more expensive than when my parents bought a condo. it was 1.5x moms income. now its 17x. ppl r way more indebted. surely u see america getting worse. politics way worse than back then.

El Correcto

god is dead
I push a button to start my car, you know how wealthy you had to be back in the day to do that? Even my father was a key turning peasant in the 90’s, he didn’t get keyless push start til the aughts.

rickyb

I push a button to start my car, you know how wealthy you had to be back in the day to do that? Even my father was a key turning peasant in the 90’s, he didn’t get keyless push start til the aughts.
Yea i have that so wat.

Look up car debt now vs then. credit card debt. student debt. its all way worse

El Correcto

god is dead
Yea i have that so wat.

Look up car debt now vs then. credit card debt. student debt. its all way worse
So? Debt is a choice for most. Why would I want $40,000 all tied up in a depreciating asset like a vehicle, when I can get a good interest rate that I can beat with my gains from a profitable investment with that $40,000?

Student debt is a choice as well. You are supposed to invest in your own education to require a marketable skill or knowledge so you can pay that off and then make much more than you would without the degree. These idiots who are going into $100,000 debt because their high school teacher told them to follow their dreams of being a lgbtq theorist that can’t pay off their debt after college are just idiots. I would never step into a college unless I was serious about STEM. Student loans are an investment, they invested unwisely.

rickyb

So? Debt is a choice for most. Why would I want $40,000 all tied up in a depreciating asset like a vehicle, when I can get a good interest rate that I can beat with my gains from a profitable investment with that $40,000?

Student debt is a choice as well. You are supposed to invest in your own education to require a marketable skill or knowledge so you can pay that off and then make much more than you would without the degree. These idiots who are going into $100,000 debt because their high school teacher told them to follow their dreams of being a lgbtq theorist that can’t pay off their debt after college are just idiots. I would never step into a college unless I was serious about STEM. Student loans are an investment, they invested unwisely.
Student debt or housing debt is not a choice rather its a result of certain decisions like letting banks lend a greater % of money against a borrowers income, or govt defunding education or just turning the lending into a business.

Car debt is high not sure why partly cuz wages arent rising and were so indebted

El Correcto

god is dead
Student debt or housing debt is not a choice rather its a result of certain decisions like letting banks lend a greater % of money against a borrowers income, or govt defunding education or just turning the lending into a business.

Car debt is high not sure why partly cuz wages arent rising and were so indebted
You leftists take away individuality and personal choice from all your statistics. It’s why you guys are always so wrong and piss off entire countries to the point of murdering you in the streets.

rickyb

You leftists take away individuality and personal choice from all your statistics. It’s why you guys are always so wrong and piss off entire countries to the point of murdering you in the streets.
Buddy housing debt is simply banks lending more money driving up pricrs

Compare debt to income now vs back then i guarantee its wayyy up

El Correcto

god is dead
Buddy housing debt is simply banks lending more money driving up pricrs

Compare debt to income now vs back then i guarantee its wayyy up
Speaking of quality of life and housing prices that’s another thing that has improved greatly. The amenities and comfort we have in not just our homes but section 8 housing is amazing. I’d rather be me than some wealthy ass person in the 1800’s or early-mid 1900’s.

We live in the most prosperous, peaceful and stable time of human history. All you people do is bitch while dumping sand in the engine of prosperity.

rickyb

Speaking of quality of life and housing prices that’s another thing that has improved greatly. The amenities and comfort we have in not just our homes but section 8 housing is amazing. I’d rather be me than some wealthy ass person in the 1800’s or early-mid 1900’s.

We live in the most prosperous, peaceful and stable time of human history. All you people do is bitch while dumping sand in the engine of prosperity.
Things r destabilizing and were in a bubble. obama, trump, jan 6 all highly unusual. talks of civil war

rickyb

Housing better in 1980s or b4 vs now. its inflated by banks lending more and more

rickyb

Im comparing 1970s to now. i agree u are better off now vs 1800s or early 1900s