President Biden

rickyb

Biden announces troops will leave Afghanistan by September 11: 'It's time to end America's longest war'

"President Joe Biden on Wednesday formally announced his decision to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan before September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that led the US into its longest war.

"We cannot continue the cycle of extending or expanding our military presence in Afghanistan hoping to create the ideal conditions for our withdrawal, expecting a different result," Biden said.

"I am now the fourth American president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan. Two Republicans. Two Democrats," he added. "I will not pass this responsibility to a fifth."

"Biden said the withdrawal will begin on May 1, in line with an agreement President Donald Trump's administration made with the Taliban. He said the complete withdrawal will be done by September 11.

The deadline Biden has set is absolute, with no potential for extension based on worsening conditions on the ground. Officials said after two decades of war, it was clear to the President that throwing more time and money at Afghanistan's problems wasn't going to work."
you've only killed 100,000 civilians their .

mission accomplished

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What most don't realize is that it takes 30 years for a favorable outcome in these types of wars.
You have to kill off at least a whole generation in order to have any measurable effect.

Box Ox

you've only killed 100,000 civilians their .

mission accomplished

Nobody cares what you think about the situation in Afghanistan. But it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to at least have some respect for your fellow Canadians who have fought and died there. Even if you believe it'd be difficult for anyone to have respect for you because you spend your days spouting silly communist things in your underwear in the comfort of your evil capitalist mummy's basement.

Canada in the War in Afghanistan - Wikipedia

"Between 2001 and 2014, 159 Canadian soldiers died while on mission in Afghanistan. (The 159th fatality was added in October 2015, when the Department of National Defence determined that a death that had occurred in 2005 was mission-related.) Of these, 123 were due to hostile circumstances, including 95 due to improvised explosive devices (IED) or landmines, 21 due to rocket-propelled grenade, small arms or mortar fire, 11 due to suicide bomb attacks, and one died falling from a high ground position on a cliff during a combat operation that involved firefight. An additional 22 soldiers died in accidents or other non-combat circumstances; 7 due to "friendly fire", 6 in vehicle accidents, two in an accidental helicopter crash, 2 from accidental falls, 2 from accidental gunshots, 1 suicide death and 2 unspecified non-combat-related deaths in country. Additionally, one unspecified non-combat-related death occurred at a support base in the Persian Gulf. Canada suffered the third-highest absolute number of deaths of any nation among the foreign military participants, and one of the highest casualties per capita of coalition members since the beginning of the war.[62][63] More than 2000 soldiers were injured during the war between April 2002 to December 2011. 635 soldiers were injured in action while 1412 were injured in patrol or non-combat situation.[64]

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Biden announces troops will leave Afghanistan by September 11: 'It's time to end America's longest war'

"President Joe Biden on Wednesday formally announced his decision to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan before September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that led the US into its longest war.

"We cannot continue the cycle of extending or expanding our military presence in Afghanistan hoping to create the ideal conditions for our withdrawal, expecting a different result," Biden said.

"I am now the fourth American president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan. Two Republicans. Two Democrats," he added. "I will not pass this responsibility to a fifth."

"Biden said the withdrawal will begin on May 1, in line with an agreement President Donald Trump's administration made with the Taliban. He said the complete withdrawal will be done by September 11.

The deadline Biden has set is absolute, with no potential for extension based on worsening conditions on the ground. Officials said after two decades of war, it was clear to the President that throwing more time and money at Afghanistan's problems wasn't going to work."
President Trump agreed to have ALL troops out of that :censored2:hole by May 1, 2021.....
Pathetic tough guy Biden will have more troops killed, but the Dems do that to our people without hesitation.

rickyb

Nobody cares what you think about the situation in Afghanistan. But it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to at least have some respect for your fellow Canadians who have fought and died there. Even if you believe it'd be difficult for anyone to have respect for you because you spend your days spouting silly communist things in your underwear in the comfort of your evil capitalist mummy's basement.

Canada in the War in Afghanistan - Wikipedia

"Between 2001 and 2014, 159 Canadian soldiers died while on mission in Afghanistan. (The 159th fatality was added in October 2015, when the Department of National Defence determined that a death that had occurred in 2005 was mission-related.) Of these, 123 were due to hostile circumstances, including 95 due to improvised explosive devices (IED) or landmines, 21 due to rocket-propelled grenade, small arms or mortar fire, 11 due to suicide bomb attacks, and one died falling from a high ground position on a cliff during a combat operation that involved firefight. An additional 22 soldiers died in accidents or other non-combat circumstances; 7 due to "friendly fire", 6 in vehicle accidents, two in an accidental helicopter crash, 2 from accidental falls, 2 from accidental gunshots, 1 suicide death and 2 unspecified non-combat-related deaths in country. Additionally, one unspecified non-combat-related death occurred at a support base in the Persian Gulf. Canada suffered the third-highest absolute number of deaths of any nation among the foreign military participants, and one of the highest casualties per capita of coalition members since the beginning of the war.[62][63] More than 2000 soldiers were injured during the war between April 2002 to December 2011. 635 soldiers were injured in action while 1412 were injured in patrol or non-combat situation.[64]
we should be more sad about the hundred thousand civilians we killed over there I feel bad for the Canadian soldiers got tricked into going who thought they were going to do well but as far as the soldiers who just
went there to kill people I have no respect for that

rickyb

what you quoted here comes off to me as bad journalism

Box Ox

we should be more sad about the hundred thousand civilians we killed over there I feel bad for the Canadian soldiers got tricked into going who thought they were going to do well but as far as the soldiers who just
went there to kill people I have no respect for that
Nobody cares how you parse out your respect for people based upon your own communist beliefs and ideology. Your Soviet heroes killed a lot of innocent people in Afghanistan before they pulled out.

rickyb

Nobody cares how you parse out your respect for people based upon your own communist beliefs and ideology. Your Soviet heroes also killed a lot of innocent people in Afghanistan before they pulled out.
all lives are equal. an Afghanistan life has the same value as an American Life. yeah I think it was the CIA meddling with the war against the Soviets which pissed off of Bin Laden which gave you 911

Box Ox

all lives are equal. an Afghanistan life has the same value as an American Life. yeah I think it was the CIA meddling with the war against the Soviets which pissed off of Bin Laden which gave you 911
Never would have happened if your Soviet heroes hadn't invaded Afghanistan in the first place. Thanks for everything, comrade!

Box Ox

that's an excuse no one forces the US government and the CIA to interfere with politics around the world
Lame response to my having pointed out that your Soviet heroes raped and killed their way across Afghanistan for years. That you have no contempt for them as well is very telling.

rickyb

Lame response to my having pointed out that your Soviet heroes raped and killed their way across Afghanistan for years. That you have no contempt for them as well is very telling.
it's disgusting like what America did was disgusting. wow you been in Afghanistan for 20 years you must have extracted all the resources by now

Babagounj

Strength through joy
War is never pleasant.
This one was really weird sometimes.
Like paying the Taliban to allow supply convoys to pass to re-supply the very bases that were fighting the Taliban.

rod

Retired 22 years
After America saved the Kuwiat oil fields they should have laid claim to that country and said to hell with the rest of the Mid-east.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
rickyb is correct.
The ruling white class needed to keep the poorer classes in check by dumping large quantities of cheap addicting drugs onto the streets.