President Bush Interview with Matt Lauer

klein

Für Meno :)
I wouldn't call it comming home empty handed :

US President Barack Obama already has something to show for his visit to India, the first stop on a 10-day, four nation Asian tour that also takes in Japan, South Korea, and Indonesia.
Meetings with Indian business leaders have led to some 20 deals for a combined value of some 10 billion dollars, a package Obama said meant 50,000 American jobs. He also called on India to lower barriers to foreign investors, especially in the retail sector.

http://www.euronews.net/2010/11/06/obama-picks-up-contracts-on-india-visit/

upsgrunt

Be sure to subtract the, at least, 2 Billion dollars that this trip is costing us the taxpayers. Taking 3,000 people on a business trip with you and blocking out the Taj Majal is just rubbing it in the face of the voters now.

bbsam

Staff member
Be sure to subtract the, at least, 2 Billion dollars that this trip is costing us the taxpayers. Taking 3,000 people on a business trip with you and blocking out the Taj Majal is just rubbing it in the face of the voters now.

That's still an $8 billion win. And you're going to complain about that?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's like when you're NOT selling your house .....the worth is only on paper. All those jobs or whatever are all just on paper now. Again, I will believe it when I see it. Been lied to in the past 2 years and now I'm skeptical.

tieguy

Banned
I wouldn't call it comming home empty handed :

US President Barack Obama already has something to show for his visit to India, the first stop on a 10-day, four nation Asian tour that also takes in Japan, South Korea, and Indonesia.
Meetings with Indian business leaders have led to some 20 deals for a combined value of some 10 billion dollars, a package Obama said meant 50,000 American jobs. He also called on India to lower barriers to foreign investors, especially in the retail sector.

http://www.euronews.net/2010/11/06/obama-picks-up-contracts-on-india-visit/

some people actually believe this stuff oblivious to the point that the unemployment rate stays at a reported 9.6 percent and actually much higher when you include everyone that has given up looking.

browndevil

America has such short attention spans. It has been only two years since GWB left office doesn't anyone remember the USELESS Iraq war he led us into? Not only trillions of dollars of spending (seems the Tea Party and GOP anthem) but countless lives cut short based on lies. And he calls himself a Christian? Isn't there a commandment "Thou shalt not kill"?
The draw down and withdrawl was one of Obama's campaign promises that got him elected and he is keeping it. Veteran's Day was only last week. I read many posts on BC thanking our troops. My hope to thank and honor our brave men and women is by bringing them home and only sending them out to protect us again from attack. The offense is a good defense.
People used to say GWB was guy they would like to have a beer with. Me? I want to have a beer every service person I see. That's my way of honoring our Vets.
Looking forward to seeing you Stateside

browndevil

The thought of living without a Mom, Dad seems like a living hell everyday. Living without Obama? You will have to wait until 2016. Any thoughts on who the GOP plans on running in 2012?..............crickets...............

klein

Für Meno :)
some people actually believe this stuff oblivious to the point that the unemployment rate stays at a reported 9.6 percent and actually much higher when you include everyone that has given up looking.

Maybe you should look at the Wall Street Journal, or next week on Boeings website ?
Fox news really doesn't cover that much. Trust me, I tried watching it. Too much garbage on it for me.

New Delhi: US aircraft manufacturer Boeing on Tuesday said it will start delivery of ‘787 Dreamliners’ to Air India by second quarter of next year.
SpiceJet will buy 30 B737 planes from Boeing in a deal worth $2.7 billion, which is the part of $10 billion business deal sealed during US President Barack Obama’s visit in Mumbai.
Keskar said Boeing has a total supply backlog of 100 aircraft to Jet Airways, Air India and Spicejet.
This backlog worth $15 billion will be cleared in the next four to five years, he said.

http://www.livemint.com/2010/11/09124513/Boeing-to-start-delivery-of-Dr.html

wkmac

We've probably been lied to for 50 years (actually much more) but decided to believe and what not to believe based on the lie most convenient yet seems to empower us over others.

Yeah, that works much better!
:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, that works much better!

Just like a libertarian. I get a great post and you have to come along, tweak it ever so slightly, knowing that that's what I had in mind all along and then you look so much more the enlightened! God, how I hate you sideline bomb throwers!:biting::happy-very::wink2:

tieguy

Banned
America has such short attention spans. It has been only two years since GWB left office doesn't anyone remember the USELESS Iraq war he led us into? Not only trillions of dollars of spending (seems the Tea Party and GOP anthem) but countless lives cut short based on lies. And he calls himself a Christian? Isn't there a commandment "Thou shalt not kill"?
The draw down and withdrawl was one of Obama's campaign promises that got him elected and he is keeping it.

If you're going to blame bush for what Obama inherited then you also have to conceed that the Iraq war was over and already winding down when Bush handed over the reins.

I would think you would then have to conceed that removing the troops from one war and moving them to another is not really what he promised.

I just hope we get back to the bush economy of 2006 and 2007 so I can actually think about retiring some day.

wkmac

LOL at bbsam! Hey, the world is so much better when you have such good, caring friends like me who always has your back!