President Obama!

vantexan

really? you want the guy locked up in the white house 24/7?
Why go to extremes? I prefer what George W. did, or other Presidents. Camp David, or to their personal homes. Presidents get plenty of travel on official business. A lot of people aren't aware of Obama's oldest daughter taking a months long trip through Mexico to South America. Nice for her, but required a lot of money spent on security. Taking advantage of taxpayers.

newfie

Why go to extremes? I prefer what George W. did, or other Presidents. Camp David, or to their personal homes. Presidents get plenty of travel on official business. A lot of people aren't aware of Obama's oldest daughter taking a months long trip through Mexico to South America. Nice for her, but required a lot of money spent on security. Taking advantage of taxpayers.

what's extreme ? that's what trump is doing is going to florida on the weekends. not every weekend but quite a few. So the question then is what do you want him to do differently . stay in the white house 24/7?

vantexan

what's extreme ? that's what trump is doing is going to florida on the weekends. not every weekend but quite a few. So the question then is what do you want him to do differently . stay in the white house 24/7?
You're stating the most extreme example, 24/7 in the White House. I never said that. But a leader should lead by example, not take full advantage, act entitled. We have a huge Federal debt to address, the guy elected to address it should lead the way.

newfie

You're stating the most extreme example, 24/7 in the White House. I never said that. But a leader should lead by example, not take full advantage, act entitled. We have a huge Federal debt to address, the guy elected to address it should lead the way.

dude you're talking out of your ass. I just told you what trump does. he will go to florida on the weekend. do you want him to stay put in the white house instead of going to florida? kill the speech and tell me what you want trump to do next weekend?

vantexan

dude you're talking out of your ass. I just told you what trump does. he will go to florida on the weekend. do you want him to stay put in the white house instead of going to florida? kill the speech and tell me what you want trump to do next weekend?
If he's outspending Obama on recreation then yeah, I want him to stay in his luxury digs provided by the gov't in Washington. You know, maybe a step down from Mar-a-Lago, but still staffed by gourmet chefs, with it's own movie theater and bowling alley, and with possibly the hottest First Lady ever. If entertaining Chinese Presidents at Mar-a-Lago will get us better trade deals then money well spent. But if for purely recreational activities then go to Camp David. Go to Florida for a working vacation once a year.

bbsam

Staff member
If he's outspending Obama on recreation then yeah, I want him to stay in his luxury digs provided by the gov't in Washington. You know, maybe a step down from Mar-a-Lago, but still staffed by gourmet chefs, with it's own movie theater and bowling alley, and with possibly the hottest First Lady ever. If entertaining Chinese Presidents at Mar-a-Lago will get us better trade deals then money well spent. But if for purely recreational activities then go to Camp David. Go to Florida for a working vacation once a year.
Speaking of better trade deals, are they only going to be good for corporations that keep a cheap labor force in this country or will they somehow allow the Walmart sales associate to make $17/hr?

vantexan

Speaking of better trade deals, are they only going to be good for corporations that keep a cheap labor force in this country or will they somehow allow the Walmart sales associate to make $17/hr?
Good illustration of why unions have gone downhill. All the talk has been about $15hr, but now you're saying $17. So if you're talking about almost doubling Wal-Mart pay, the company with the most employees, you're either talking about much higher costs for everyone, or Wal-Mart's demise.