President Obama!

newfie

If he's outspending Obama on recreation then yeah, I want him to stay in his luxury digs provided by the gov't in Washington. You know, maybe a step down from Mar-a-Lago, but still staffed by gourmet chefs, with it's own movie theater and bowling alley, and with possibly the hottest First Lady ever. If entertaining Chinese Presidents at Mar-a-Lago will get us better trade deals then money well spent. But if for purely recreational activities then go to Camp David. Go to Florida for a working vacation once a year.

Ok sounds good. So next time we'll vote for the white house grounds keeper because he will stay put in the white house.

newfie

Speaking of better trade deals, are they only going to be good for corporations that keep a cheap labor force in this country or will they somehow allow the Walmart sales associate to make $17/hr?

trade deals don't keep Walmart employees from earning more.

bbsam

Staff member
Good illustration of why unions have gone downhill. All the talk has been about $15hr, but now you're saying $17. So if you're talking about almost doubling Wal-Mart pay, the company with the most employees, you're either talking about much higher costs for everyone, or Wal-Mart's demise.
No. I'm suggesting a time when a single income could support a family in the US. I'm saying "suggesting" because $17 doesn't cut it. That's how far away we have to go to "Making America Great Again".

vantexan

No. I'm suggesting a time when a single income could support a family in the US. I'm saying "suggesting" because $17 doesn't cut it. That's how far away we have to go to "Making America Great Again".
With the costs of everything in the U.S. you'll never achieve that.