President Trump

Catatonic

Nine Lives
More importantly, does it matter?

Trumps' election only underscores the simple reality that both parties are due for a major realignment.

Should we go European and have a dozen parties?...

Seems more realistic in terms of the reality on the ground!
I wish we could.
I think most people lean towards being Libertarian... fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

BrownArmy

I wish we could.
I think most people lean towards being Libertarian... fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

Your definition of Libertarian is 'fiscally responsible and socially tolerant'?

My father is a Republican, and he's fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

My mother is a bleeding heart hippie liberal, and she's fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

Terms - who needs them?!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your definition of Libertarian is 'fiscally responsible and socially tolerant'?

My father is a Republican, and he's fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

My mother is a bleeding heart hippie liberal, and she's fiscally responsible and socially tolerant.

Terms - who needs them?!
Yes ... in broad terms ... it's good place to start.

I don't care about terms ... I care about politicians behaving like your parents when they get in office.

I think you used 'terms' while I would have used 'Political Party'.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
nader says its very serious that a subpoena has been issued and that this wont be over for months and months.
This wont be over until a Democrat is elected President.
Let me take that back ... it wont ever be over, just changing of players.
The Republicans were just as stupid and obstructing when Obama was elected.

rickyb

im no fan of the FBI, but this is not looking good for trump.

from democracy now:

The White House has also claimed people within the FBI had lost confidence and trust in Comey. But on Thursday, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe rejected these claims when questioned by New Mexico Democratic Senator Martin Heinrich at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing.

Sen. Martin Heinrich: "We’ve heard in the news that—claims that Director Comey had—had lost the confidence of rank-and-file FBI employees. You’ve been there for 21 years. In your opinion, is it accurate that the rank and file no longer supported Director Comey."

Andrew McCabe: "No, sir, that is not accurate. Director Comey enjoyed broad support within the FBI and still does to this day."

White House officials have abandoned a plan for Trump to visit the FBI headquarters within the coming days, after being told the president would not be welcomed or well received at the agency.