President Trump

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So in other words, not a damn thing has actually changed!

1hxb3t.jpg

Obama was a corporate President, but he wasn't a demagogue. That's what has changed, plus an exclusive club of millionaire/billionaire Cabinet members.

wkmac

Obama was a corporate President, but he wasn't a demagogue. That's what has changed, plus an exclusive club of millionaire/billionaire Cabinet members.

I suppose many Obama/Clinton supporters would say that and feel justified doing so and I suppose many Trump supporters would say the same except reversing all the roles to support their candidate of choice so they too could feel justified.

Funny how you both have so much is common.

Regardless who is in office and for what reasons makes little difference as by your own admission, nothing of real substance actually changes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I suppose many Obama/Clinton supporters would say that and feel justified doing so and I suppose many Trump supporters would say the same except reversing all the roles to support their candidate of choice so they too could feel justified.

Funny how you both have so much is common.

Regardless who is in office and for what reasons makes little difference as by your own admission, nothing of real substance actually changes.

I disagree. Trump is ignorant and arrogant enough to do some real damage, so something of substance has changed.

wkmac

I disagree. Trump is ignorant and arrogant enough to do some real damage, so something of substance has changed.

Of course you do and those on the other side of the isle would say the very same thing about your candidate if she had won the day. This is another reason that in 100 years the emotion and the vested interests are no longer at play to the same degree and we can view the history from a more rational and less emotional state of mind.

rickyb

tomorrow is my day off, i have a stress fracture in my foot so i dont have to walk the dogg, so im going on a political bender tomorrow and will be watching the inauguration on democracy now all day:

WATCH: Inauguration 2017 Live Coverage | Democracy Now!

"On Friday, January 20, Amy Goodman and Nermeen Shaikh will host our regularly scheduled daily news hour from 8 a.m.–9 a.m. ET live on location in Washington, D.C. Then we’ll continue with a special broadcast from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. ET with analysis from guests, coverage of the official inauguration proceedings, and updates from various actions taking place."

the real news is also having some coverage.

The Real News Network - Independent News, Blogs and Editorials

rickyb

i think chomsky said trump reminds him of JFK who was almost partly responsible for nuclear war. or maybe he said that JFK was far worse than obama for that reason i forget.

rickyb

richard wolff told to watch for trade offs for trump slowing (not stopping) the bleeding on corporations outsourcing jobs. regarding the auto industry, wolff said to look for lowing for fuel efficiency requirements, government paying money for automation technology on the street, etc.

from what ive heard the differences between trump and clinton was a pick your poison, he has all kinds of swamp monsters in his cabinet (like previous admins) including a bunch of goldman sachs guys who he called out and included in his final video.

trump ran as a populist but i think he will be exposed as a faux populist and a servant to the moneyed interests just as all the other presidents were since carter or regan.

Last edited: