President Trump

floridays

It’s not clear to me that Trump actually understands what DACA is.

Oh well, he ended the program, he could fix it before lunch, but he takes his instructions from ‘Fox & Friends’, so no joy.
The program is nothing that has been etched in marble for years. It was started by the former petulant child, to skirt the Constitution, which in his own words, he said he didn't have the power to change. Get with the program.

BrownArmy

The program is nothing that has been etched in marble for years. It was started by the former petulant child, to skirt the Constitution, which in his own words, he said he didn't have the power to change. Get with the program.

I get that, but since 80% of the populace thinks the ‘Dreamers’ should be given a pass, why doesn’t Trump-a-loompa give them a pass?

Oh, because he runs WH policy based on ‘Fox and Friends’.

Trump is a joke.

floridays

I get that, but since 80% of the populace thinks the ‘Dreamers’ should be given a pass, why doesn’t Trump-a-loompa give them a pass?

Oh, because he runs WH policy based on ‘Fox and Friends’.

Trump is a joke.
I'll choose the Constitution, you seem to prefer mob rule, enjoy the results.

floridays

Nothing I’m proposing violates the Constitution.

91% of ‘dreamers’ hold down jobs and pay taxes, if you want to get rid of the ‘bad hombres’, look elsewhere.
You're correct, I remember reading in the Constitution the part that grants citizenship and Constitutional rights of lawful American citizens, to hordes that storm the border and happen to get a job and pay taxes. I prefer legitimate American dreamers, and don't prefer to cut them off at the knees, to the preference of illegal hordes.

BrownArmy

You're correct, I remember reading in the Constitution the part that grants citizenship and Constitutional rights of lawful American citizens, to hordes that storm the border and happen to get a job and pay taxes. I prefer legitimate American dreamers, and don't prefer to cut them off at the knees, to the preference of illegal hordes.

You know we need workers, right?

Some of these DACA kids have degrees in excess of mine or yours.

We’re moving toward an information economy, we want these kids.

All you see is immigrants getting a pass, what I see is our future.

I know you would like to pick American dreamers, but they just don’t have the necessary skills.

I blame Republican state legislators for gutting our education system.

YMMV

floridays

You know we need workers, right?

Some of these DACA kids have degrees in excess of mine or yours.

We’re moving toward an information economy, we want these kids.

All you see is immigrants getting a pass, what I see is our future.

I know you would like to pick American dreamers, but they just don’t have the necessary skills.

I blame Republican state legislators for gutting our education system.

YMMV
All BS aside, we both under stand this problem comes from illegal border jumpers, not highly skilled technical workers, trying to gain entrance. You do understand a legal path is available to enter this country, however the legal path does not allow for parasites or a drain on US citizens fortunes.

BrownArmy

All BS aside, we both under stand this problem comes from illegal border jumpers, not highly skilled technical workers, trying to gain entrance. You do understand a legal path is available to enter this country, however the legal path does not allow for parasites or a drain on US citizens fortunes.

All BS aside, you do realize that the DACA kids aren’t border jumpers, right?

Lord, you’re as ill-informed as Trump is.

God-Speed.

floridays

All BS aside, you do realize that the DACA kids aren’t border jumpers, right?

Lord, you’re as ill-informed as Trump is.

God-Speed.
The parents were, do you fail to understand that? There would be no so called "Dreamer's" if their parents entered by legal means. You are the ill-informed, or choose to frame your argument fraudulently. You pick the answer, are you attempting to advance a fraud, or simply ill-informed, there are only two choices.

BrownArmy

The parents were, do you fail to understand that? There would be no so called "Dreamer's" if their parents entered by legal means. You are the ill-informed, or choose to frame your argument fraudulently. You pick the answer, are you attempting to advance a fraud, or simply ill-informed, there are only two choices.

When you rob a convenience store with a baby in your arms, do we prosecute the baby?

Look guy, they’re here, and they’re contributing to the GDP.

Get over it.

floridays

Lulz, he understands neither.

He’s working from sheer hubris and whatever is on Fox News.

Thanks for playing coyote, must be hard for a monkey!
:happy2:
Why can't you ever support your statements with fact? Always attack the. Your above point is exhibit 1 for my claim, don't make me get busy to offer further exhibits.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll choose the Constitution, you seem to prefer mob rule, enjoy the results.
Actually the courts and the Constitution give a lot of deference to the president in regards to immigration policy.

That said, the day the republicans start forcibly removing people who have never known another home than this nation is the day they will prove themselves a truly sad minority.

floridays

When you rob a convenience store with a baby in your arms, do we prosecute the baby?

Look guy, they’re here, and they’re contributing to the GDP.

Get over it.
No we certainly do not prosecute the baby, however the baby does suffer the repercussions of the parents lawlessness while the parent is incarcerated. You should be smarter than to make a silly argument like that.

BrownArmy

No we certainly do not prosecute the baby, however the baby does suffer the repercussions of the parents lawlessness while the parent is incarcerated. You should be smarter than to make a silly argument like that.

And these ‘dreamers’ are contributing more to society than the American born welfare morons.

The irony!

On some level, you have to pick your battles.

It’s not clear to me that this an important battle.

Fight illegal immigrants? OK, probably, I could get behind that.

Deport the DACA children, who are now US educated adults whom (for the most part) are tax-paying individuals?

K.

floridays

Actually the courts and the Constitution give a lot of deference to the president in regards to immigration policy.

That said, the day the republicans start forcibly removing people who have never known another home than this nation is the day they will prove themselves a truly sad minority.
Pertaining to legal entry there is latitude given. The President cannot legally override Immigration statute, this power is conferred to him nowhere.