President Trump

rickyb

i love how trump is freaking out on being spied on... your in america and you ran against the establishment, no :censored2:! the NSA gathers everything in violation of the constitution. snowden made that pretty clear.

Max Keiser Retweeted
Stacy Herbert‏ @stacyherbert 9h9 hours ago

Trump is about to learn that the first rule of surveillance state is you do not tweet about surveillance state.

17 replies 77 retweets 136 likes

wkmac

i love how trump is freaking out on being spied on... your in america and you ran against the establishment, no :censored2:! the NSA gathers everything in violation of the constitution. snowden made that pretty clear.

Max Keiser Retweeted
Stacy Herbert‏ @stacyherbert 9h9 hours ago

Trump is about to learn that the first rule of surveillance state is you do not tweet about surveillance state.

17 replies 77 retweets 136 likes

As Trump is President, can't he de-classify the Op to bug Trump Towers and prove his point?

BrownArmy

As Trump is President, can't he de-classify the Op to bug Trump Towers and prove his point?

In fact, he can.

Why then, the latest 'tweet-storm'?

Either, he's just throwing crap at his attackers in hopes of muddying the waters.

Possible.

Or, he isn't clear about the rules that describe and delineate separation of powers between the President and the rest of the 'government' and he's mixing metaphors.

Probable.

In either case, it seems to me that Trump is doing himself no favors.

If, in fact, there was an authorized wiretap of the Trump campaign, by definition, there was probable cause, etc., which (if we follow the rules) had nothing to do with Obama.

Poor Trump, tweeting away, in what seems like complete oblivion.

This is not going to end well.

wkmac

In fact, he can.

Either, he's just throwing crap at his attackers in hopes of muddying the waters.

Possible.

Or, he isn't clear about the rules that describe and delineate separation of powers between the President and the rest of the 'government' and he's mixing metaphors.

Probable.

If, in fact, there was an authorized wiretap of the Trump campaign, by definition, there was probable cause, etc., which (if we follow the rules) had nothing to do with Obama.

I suspect Trump is now learning how to play the distraction game that was perfected by the experts in Washington DC.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In fact, he can.

Possible.

Probable.

There's not so much talk about Sessions......maybe he was trying to distract the press. Maybe Obama didn't order a wiretap, but the DOJ or somebody else probably did and Obama knew about it.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's not so much talk about Sessions......maybe he was trying to distract the press. Maybe Obama didn't order a wiretap, but the DOJ or somebody else probably did and Obama knew about it.
The President has to sign off on a FISA so Obama had to know.

BrownArmy

And if the DOJ or the FBI wanted to investigate the Trump campaign...

What do you think about that?

BrownArmy

I'd like to see them investigate them all.

"You have to beat the grass to startle the snakes!"

Possibly.

I guess my point was, if there were specific reasons for the DOJ or the FBI to investigate the Trump campaign, then Trump is doing himself no favors by calling attention to that fact.

And, I agree.

Investigate everyone.

But, who watches the Watchmen?

wkmac

Possibly.

I guess my point was, if there were specific reasons for the DOJ or the FBI to investigate the Trump campaign, then Trump is doing himself no favors by calling attention to that fact.

And, I agree.

Investigate everyone.

But, who watches the Watchmen?

I'm not convinced Trump is doing himself any favors regardless where the truth may lay.

As to watching the Watchmen, maybe Trump is reason to re-consider how much power one is willing to give to the Watchmen to begin with. Maybe in that respect, Trump is exactly what this country needs.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H.L. Mencken

BrownArmy

What if he is and you just don't like the honesty?

OK.

You and I can agree, or disagree, or agree to disagree, but to the extent that the term 'Presidential' means what it generally means, then my opinion is that Trump isn't acting like a President.

Which in this case means, he's pulling his crazy out and putting it on display for everyone to parse in real-time.

It's possible that you and I generally have different outcomes in mind, in terms of where this all progresses, big-picture...

You know, I like the show 'The Walking Dead', but I don't want to live in that world.

wkmac

You know, I like the show 'The Walking Dead', but I don't want to live in that world.

Never watched it. Not much on watching TV myself but the title sounds like an allegory of our current society. Maybe that explains the recent election, the choices available and the results!

;)