President Trump

rickyb

polls are passe'!
just cuz they were wrong on the election outcomes, doesnt mean polls are always wrong.

trump had half the inauguration attendance of obama in 2008. and i hate obama. i wonder how many people W bush had in 2001.

hopefully a good portion of hte population are realizing trump isnt gonna make america great again by his corporate cabinet appointments, and they dont fall for how trump markets himself.

oldngray

nowhere special
i also recall. he carefully missed out taking care of another segment of the population.

So the media reported.

The truth is the feds couldn't help until those areas asked for it. Mississippi asked and recovered quickly. The mismanagement at local levels was the problem in Louisiana.

rickyb

So the media reported.

The truth is the feds couldn't help until those areas asked for it. Mississippi asked and recovered quickly. The mismanagement at local levels was the problem in Louisiana.
i get this strange feeling race had something to do with it, but what do i know. your country has never had race relations issues ;)

rickyb

Race wasn't an issue. Media just tried to play the race card.
to be honest old and gray, im not an expert on the issue so perhaps ill look up democracy nows previous coverage on it.

it is interesting though how the rich are taken care of very quickly, but the poor have to wait / not taken care of at all

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
to be honest old and gray, im not an expert on the issue so perhaps ill look up democracy nows previous coverage on it.

it is interesting though how the rich are taken care of very quickly, but the poor have to wait / not taken care of at all

The race card issue is one that The Right plays all the time, because to even bring it up means that you are a Leftist. Never mind that race is a huge issue and that voter suppression is key to GOP victories.

bbsam

Staff member
The GOP was very good at suppressing the minority vote, and is constantly pushing for laws that restrict or hamper minority participation.
I don't buy that. This was a winnable election and the Democrats (especially in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) friend'd up.

wkmac

I don't buy that. This was a winnable election and the Democrats (especially in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) friend'd up.

Trump didn't win the Rust Belt, the Democrats lost it. These working people knew the association of the Clinton name with the Globalization of Capitalism and the effects on their very lives and that was what drove their voting. The doctrinaire democrats (many republicans too) can't come to grips with that and instead look for another scapegoat like the Russians to blame. They only need look in a mirror to see the root cause.

Michael Moore actually called it before the election. Yesterday he was proven absolutely right!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yes, they did. But the GOP was trying to suppress the vote in several states, and court decisions against them went right up until November....all against the GOP.

Read "Hillbilly Elegy" and get back to me.

She didn't even bother to campaign in some of the states she lost. She was too busy getting fitted for her crown.
I'm being serious. When Obama was running ( both times) he set up shop late summer. I didn't have a Hillary headquarters until a few weeks before the election.

Thank God for that, I hate delivering all of those heavy boxes of flyers.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm being serious. When Obama was running ( both times) he set up shop late summer. I didn't have a Hillary headquarters until a few weeks before the election.

Thank God for that, I hate delivering all of those heavy boxes of flyers.

She knew she would lose western PA but thought she would win big enough in Philly it wouldn't matter.