Presidential Debate

newfie

Someone on Morning Joe suggested it might have some effect on Gary Johnson voters. When it becomes obvious that Johnson is going nowhere (not even Allepo now that he knows where it is) they will find Clinton somewhat more acceptable through the debates. That is something to consider. On election day, Johnson isn't going to pull 9%.

or so you hope

bbsam

Staff member
regardless I think you over estimate the libertarian willingness to choose the lesser of two evils candidate.
Doesn't matter. I think she'll win with or without it. And it's not my theory. Just something I found interesting.

newfie

I think trump will stomp her . No one is killing their selves to see her. She struggles to fill up a high school gymnasium

bbsam

Staff member
I think trump will stomp her . No one is killing their selves to see her. She struggles to fill up a high school gymnasium
You're going by his rallies? Why not just say everyone who ever watched the Apprentice is going to vote for him? Bigger number that way. Means nothing but might make you feel better.

And remember, with every Trump rally in every city, more people are not showing up than are showing up.

newfie

You're going by his rallies? Why not just say everyone who ever watched the Apprentice is going to vote for him? Bigger number that way. Means nothing but might make you feel better.

And remember, with every Trump rally in every city, more people are not showing up than are showing up.

and Hillary cant fill up a small venue because...?

newfie

Cuz people like me have far better things to do than show up for political rah-rah, blah, blah.

my point exactly and people like you will be less likely to show up and vote for her if they have something better to do. Trump supporters on the other hand are showing up. large venue's fill up and more people trying to get in on the outside.

Fenris

Someone on Morning Joe suggested it might have some effect on Gary Johnson voters. When it becomes obvious that Johnson is going nowhere (not even Allepo now that he knows where it is) they will find Clinton somewhat more acceptable through the debates. That is something to consider. On election day, Johnson isn't going to pull 9%.

There is no way in hell I will vote for Hillary or Trump - Gary will still have my vote. Nobody who isn't a blind partisan gives a rat's hiney about Geography lessons. They care about the underlying issues in Syria, which Johnson did address and which is truly the gaffe in the situation, Hillary's leadership of poor policy in the middle east.

Johnson may not win in 2016 but get ready for a change in the future. He is ahead of trump with millennials and close to Hillary. The younger folks are tired of the garbage the two parties give us and they will grow in proportion to the electorate.