Prez's Prize

klein

Für Meno :)
I can't let this go, even the hardest Obama lovers must admit now, there is something wrong here.

Seen the news a few times today... seen the crowd in Norway even in disapointment or shock, when his name was mentioned.

Now they say, it's justified for the things he'll do in the future.
Like what ? Send over 40.000 more troops to Afghanistan ?

The whole world is in sort of a shock that he received this highly known ,extra ordinary World prize.

But, truely, he aint worth it.
It is a shame, by all means, to those that have received it in the past for huge accomplishments.

Now, that prize has totally sunk in value.
Who's next ? Arnie Schwarzenegger ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Klein for once we agree. he has not done a darn thing. To deserve it.
Martin Luther King, 1964 did something.
1999 Doctors without borders, tried to do something.
2001 UN and Kofi Annon nothing, 2003 Jimmy Carter, nothing. And the trend continues.
2009 Obama nothing but gibberish.
Fact check, get a life. Do not tell me about hating America. Where is that ignore button, you make me ill. Just non stop blabbering of talking points. Your man hates America, not I.
Just had to not send the troops where the general "he" appointed said they were needed til after the prize, eh?
Yes Bo's Birthday and The 3 day weekend are more significant than this.

diesel96

diez......now does that mean that Obama kisses everyone's arse ????

No, it means Obama's Republican predeccessor's acted like a "global" horse's arse....

So the award is a bribe for Obama to be peaceful?

I would say the award is world relief from Bush and Cheney's boofoonairy.

:wink2:Klein,
Be careful what you say. You will be branded a racist. You must say that you are extremely happy and proud for President Obama and America for receiving this very deserved honor. He obviously has done more for peace in the world than any living person . Lets list what he has done:
??????? O/K I guess I must risk being called a racist also ---He did not deserve this award----the award has turned into a liberal paper weight.:dissapointed:

Hey Island......Are there even any Black People in Norway?:wink2:

BTW.... If American Conservatives revert back to their roots, they would for sure accumulate Nobel Peace Prize paperwieghts as well.....Does non-interventionists ring a bell ?

Whoa, slow down a little skippy. It was 5 commies in Oslo. Nothing more. LOL

Commies ???.....Pssst....Slow it down a little Lefty, their communist party lost their mojo in the seventies.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it's similiar to today's thinking.......everyone gets a gold star. Now the gold star is nothing special anymore. :dissapointed:

P

pickup

no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no terrorist attacks have harmed this great land of ours since this man was anointed. And now he wins the nobel peace prize without even trying. I say to you Ladies and Gentemen, the "New Jerusalem" is the land we now live in.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yep, bet your entire fortune, fate and fulfillment on an unknown with no experience......except in Chicago's rotten political cesspool.

I don't think so !!!!

Like I said before, the "gold star" is worthless now !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
You don't award a prize to someone because you didn't like the guy he replaced!!!

Get over the Bush hatred. Bush is a citizen now just like us. Look forward and quit playing the blame game. Accountability.......!!!

What has Obama done to earn the prize........just like Mother Teresa huh??

fact check

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/10/9/791412/-30+-Reasons-Obama-deserves-the-Nobel-Peace-Prize

Here is a brief list of some of the reasons President Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize: (As a side note, it took me less than 45 minutes to compile this into a diary. It took me longer to fix my html errors than to find a short list of Nobel Prize winning accomplishments by our President. I am sure I have missed MANY things.)

3/18/8 – Obama caught world-wide attention for his moving speech on race relations

7/24/8 - Obama lays the foundation for a new era of international relations and began inspiring renewed hope in American leadership during his campaign speech in Berlin

11/6/8 – Obama’s victory was hailed as a promise of hope for the world.

12/1/8 – Obama began plans to restore U.N. ambassador to cabinet rank.

1/22/9 - Appointed a Special Envoy for Middle East peace

1/22/9 – Ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay

1/22/9 – Ordered comprehensive review of detention policies

1/22/9 – Prohibited use of torture

1/22/9 - Signed an executive order to close CIA secret prisons

1/23/9 – Lifted “Global Gag Rule” on international health groups

1/26/9 – Began to address climate change by increasing fuel standards for automobiles

1/26/9 – Appointed Special Envoy for Climate Change

1/27/9 - Signs Lily Ledbetter “Fair Pay” Act

2/1/9 – Expanded healthcare for children by signing SCHIP

2/5/9 - Again addressed energy conservation by increasing standards for appliances.

2/24/9 – Directed almost $1 billion for prevention and wellness to improve America’s health

2/25/9 - Initiated international efforts to reduce mercury emissions worldwide

2/27/9 – Committed to responsibly ending the war in Iraq

4/1/9 – Agreed to negotiation of a new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia.

4/1/9 – Enhanced U.S. – China relations

4/2/9 - Led global response to the economic crisis through the G20, obtaining commitments of $1.1 trillion to safeguard the world’s most vulnerable economies

4/4/9 - Renewed dialog with NATO and other key allies

4/5/9 – Announced new strategy to responsible address international nuclear proliferation

4/13/9 – Began easing tension with Cuba through new policy stance

4/17/9 - Secured $5 billion in aid commitments "to bolster [Pakistan's] economy and help it fight terror and Islamic radicalism"

4/22/9 - Developed the renewable energy projects on the waters of our Outer Continental Shelf that produce electricity from wind, wave, and ocean currents.

5/8/9 – Proposed International Affairs budget that included funds to create a civilian response corps -- teams of civilian experts in rule of law, policing, transitional governance, economics, engineering, and other areas critical to helping rebuild war-torn societies; Provide $40 million for a "stabilization bridge fund," which would provide rapid response funds for the State Department to help with an international crisis situation.

6/4/9 - Gave historic address to the Muslim World in Cairo - "American is not at war with Islam" Foreign affairs experts insist that Obama's engagement with the Muslim world has been remarkable. "He has been able to dramatically change America's image in that region"

8/4/9 - Used DIPLOMACY to free 2 American journalists from a North Korea prison

9/18/9 - De-escalation of nuclear tension through repurposing of missile defense prompting Russia to withdraw its missile plan.

over9five

Staff member
The Norwegian Nobel Committee is selected by a very left leaning Norwegian Parliament. Hence the Committee itself is very left leaning.

We can only feel sorry for people and organizations who have actually worked to achieve peace, and have been overlooked in favor of a political statement. People who could have used that 1.4 million dollar prize to help achieve their goal of peace, instead of giving it to a rich politician who doesn't even need it.

And I disagree with his decision to donate the money to charity. I think he should put it towards paying down the deficit. Remember the deficit, Mr Obama? I know...a drop in the bucket, but every drop counts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He should use the $$$ to build a vegetable stand so Michelle can sell all the produce from her garden.

Re: the list.....lots of promises, little to none of actual accomplishments.

Like promising to close Gitmo.....it's still open...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
10/10/2009 Still refuses to produce a valid long form birth certificate.
Continues to employ four different law firms, along with the DOJ to stop anyone from requesting to see any of his school records.
Has signed Executive Orders to prevent the release of any of his personal records.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No, it means Obama's Republican predeccessor's acted like a "global" horse's arse....

I would say the award is world relief from Bush and Cheney's boofoonairy.
And this is a good reason for such a prestigious award? That's like saying I could win a race because the judges didn't like the guy that finished first.

Here is a brief list of some of the reasons President Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize: (As a side note, it took me less than 45 minutes to compile this into a diary.
3/18/8 – Obama caught world-wide attention for his moving speech

7/24/8 -began inspiring renewed hope during his campaign speech in Berlin

11/6/8 – Obama’s victory was hailed
12/1/8 – Obama began plans
1/22/9 - Appointed a Special Envoy for Middle East peace

1/22/9 – Ordered

1/22/9 – Ordered

1/22/9 – Prohibited
1/22/9 - Signed 1/23/9 – Lifted “Global Gag Rule”

1/26/9 – Began to address climate change
1/26/9 – Appointed Special Envoy
1/27/9 - Signs
2/1/9 – Expanded

2/5/9 - addressed energy conservation
2/24/9 – Directed
2/25/9 - Initiated
2/27/9 – Committed
4/1/9 – Agreed to negotiation
4/1/9 – Enhanced U.S. – China relations

4/2/9 - Led global response
4/4/9 - Renewed dialog

4/5/9 – Announced new strategy
4/13/9 – Began easing tension with Cuba I thought it was Cuba that had tension with us.
4/17/9 - Secured
4/22/9 - Developed the renewable energy projects
5/8/9 – Proposed International Affairs budget
6/4/9 - Gave historic address to the Muslim World in Cairo
8/4/9 - Used DIPLOMACY to free 2 American journalists from a North Korea prison Wasn't this Clinton/Gore?

9/18/9 - De-escalation of nuclear tension through repurposing of missile defense .
If you cut through the hype you'll notice that really not much has been accomplished, yet. I'm all for awards, NOT, but at least wait till the guy has a legacy before giving accolades. This post is not meant to demean or hurt our President in any way. I'm just sayin, if you're gonna get an award, more needs to have been done.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The key point is that he was nominated just 12 days after his election......shoot, he was still pickin' czars then.

diesel96

And I disagree with his decision to donate the money to charity. I think he should put it towards paying down the deficit. Remember the deficit, Mr Obama? I know...a drop in the bucket, but every drop counts.

Wow, President Obama gets an "friend" even when he donates to charity.

He should use the $$$ to build a vegetable stand so Michelle can sell all the produce from her garden.

Re: the list.....lots of promises, little to none of actual accomplishments.

Like promising to close Gitmo.....it's still open...

Do you see what we deal with Steve.....an award announced in Oslo morphs into a slam on Michele....Care to chime in on that...:peaceful:
But thx for reminding me Moreluck, Fall/winter is our growing season, and I need to buy some vegetable plants. no garden though, I keep them in pots on my sundeck.....

10/10/2009 Still refuses to produce a valid long form birth certificate.
Continues to employ four different law firms, along with the DOJ to stop anyone from requesting to see any of his school records.
Has signed Executive Orders to prevent the release of any of his personal records.

BaBa, please don't poison this thread with that crap. Thats why you have your own thread dedicated specifically for your OCD.....

And this is a good reason for such a prestigious award? That's like saying I could win a race because the judges didn't like the guy that finished first.

If you cut through the hype you'll notice that really not much has been accomplished, yet. I'm all for awards, NOT, but at least wait till the guy has a legacy before giving accolades. This post is not meant to demean or hurt our President in any way. I'm just sayin, if you're gonna get an award, more needs to have been done.

Steve, It's my observation many here don't quite grasp the magnitude of the world's resentment geared towards American agression and our new leader's intentions to tone it down a bit. The world appreciates that. It may be to much to swallow for some Americans who are unable to fathom that Obama is even their President. Right Wingers can relax, even Obama said he was surprised, humbled, acknowledges award not given on his accomplishments, and does not feel he deserves it as much as others in the running...

[video=youtube;luQ8ujkmekE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQ8ujkmekE[/video]

satellitedriver

So,the prize was given for "Hope" and "Talk" about peace, not for any "real" accomplishment.
Using the honor as a revenge tactic dishonors Mr. Nobel's original intent.