Prez's Prize

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He should use the $$$ to build a vegetable stand so Michelle can sell all the produce from her garden.

Didn't you read that where she planted her garden is the exact spot where the Clinton's dumped their sludge, thus making the plot unusable .

Maybe he should donate his $$ prize back to all the schools which he scammed scholarships from.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Right Wingers can relax, even Obama said he was surprised, humbled, acknowledges award not given on his accomplishments, and does not feel he deserves it as much as others in the running...

Then he should not have accepted it. I would have more respect for Obama if he would have done that instead. :nono2:

fact check

So,the prize was given for "Hope" and "Talk" about peace, not for any "real" accomplishment.
Using the honor as a revenge tactic dishonors Mr. Nobel's original intent.

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize is to go to whoever "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

wkmac

I didn't. I saw that too but I want to post links from either the so-called left or outside the American political box. Since Roberts was in the Reagan adminstration I left his off for that reason. However Roberts is an often source on many so-called left and right websites from Counterpunch to Taki's to VDare and don't quote me but I think he's shown up a couple of times at Truthdig as well.

The other day I actually turned over to Rush Limbaugh to listen to his response and the hypocracy was so thick I almost wrecked from
LMAO!!!!!! After about 10 minutes of being dumbed down I cranked the Chris Botti cd back on and chilled out the rest of the way to work.

:peaceful:

BTW JIM: You see The Southern Avenger's latest?

[video=youtube;NFsZK7TcVsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsZK7TcVsw[/video]

Last edited:
P

pickup

Wow, President Obama gets an "friend" even when he donates to charity.

Do you see what we deal with Steve.....an award announced in Oslo morphs into a slam on Michele....Care to chime in on that...:peaceful:
But thx for reminding me Moreluck, Fall/winter is our growing season, and I need to buy some vegetable plants. no garden though, I keep them in pots on my sundeck.....

BaBa, please don't poison this thread with that crap. Thats why you have your own thread dedicated specifically for your OCD.....

Steve, It's my observation many here don't quite grasp the magnitude of the world's resentment geared towards American agression and our new leader's intentions to tone it down a bit. The world appreciates that. It may be to much to swallow for some Americans who are unable to fathom that Obama is even their President. Right Wingers can relax, even Obama said he was surprised, humbled, acknowledges award not given on his accomplishments, and does not feel he deserves it as much as others in the running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQ8ujkmekE[/"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I intend to invent a zero energy device that will cut down on pollution dramatically . I intend to do this within 4 to 8 years. When should I expect my nobel prize in physics?

Big Babooba

The prez. thinks he won the Nobel Peace Prize when in actuality it's the Nobel Peas Prize and Birdseye will be sending him frozen peas for the rest of his little old pea-pickin life.

Great back patting for the narcissist........I wonder how this all fits in with his "war meetings" today ????????????

:dead:
What has he done for Whirled Peas?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You guys are funny!

I intend to nominate you for the official BrownCafe comedian award!:funny:

And may the winner donate his jokes here forever!:laughing:

diesel96

Then he should not have accepted it. I would have more respect for Obama if he would have done that instead. :nono2:
No one has ever refused the award before. That would be like refusing an Italian Grandma's meatball, as a guest in their house....Respect :spaghetti:

I intend to invent a zero energy device that will cut down on pollution dramatically . I intend to do this within 4 to 8 years. When should I expect my nobel prize in physics?

My point is not whether or not he deserves the award, it's how the world looks at America, from outside the box, at their perspective. Look how we are behaving now, trying to indict, and judge another country as to how they should run their award process....

Your Zero Energy Device will first have to pass all the partisan skeptics convinced into thinking pollution, green house gases, and Global Warming don't exist....Good Luck on recieving a patent, sponsors, and Federal Funding to start production on your Device, not only will you be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize but Mohamhed will sell you cheap acrerage in the MIddle East..:wink2:

In all seriousness, the concensus is, the award is a surprise and a little premature, and maybe underdeserving in our eyes. But why do the haters attack Obama for this (and even Michele)? Norway made the announcment, the President is just an innocent bystander, yet just another opportunity (e.g. IOC Olympics) to intentionly put the Pres in a bad light for something not even his fault.
I understand the mentality for some calling for “extraordinary” efforts in international diplomacy and hastening nuclear disarmament is a joke, but hey, why waste those brand new M-4's on the battlefields....:gunsmilie....

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
BTW JIM: You see The Southern Avenger's latest?

I did. He talks so much sense all the time it is no wonder he doesn't have a national gig of some sort. Because he doesn't preach Ingsoc, the Party does not like him. Thank goodness for the internet.

It is sad more conservatives are not exposed to people like Jack Hunter. The cadre of "conservatives" on national talk radio and on Fox television are mostly poor representatives of true conservatism. I hardly listen to any of them anymore.

I have read in an article that Glenn Beck seams to be seeing the light lately, which is good. Maybe thats why his ratings are soaring. Too bad it is too little too late when it comes to our military debacles.

wkmac

I did. He talks so much sense all the time it is no wonder he doesn't have a national gig of some sort. Because he doesn't preach Ingsoc, the Party does not like him. Thank goodness for the internet.

It is sad more conservatives are not exposed to people like Jack Hunter. The cadre of "conservatives" on national talk radio and on Fox television are mostly poor representatives of true conservatism. I hardly listen to any of them anymore.

I have read in an article that Glenn Beck seams to be seeing the light lately, which is good. Maybe thats why his ratings are soaring. Too bad it is too little too late when it comes to our military debacles.

Yeah I enjoy Jack too but if he did go national, I'm not sure he could survive without adopting a more statist construct that fits the mold of the typical 2 party playground. It's only when you step back you realize the shirt sold is the same thing but only the color differs.

I'm wary of Glenn Beck to be honest. He was aweful towards Ron Paul and the libertarian ideal early on but in fairness to him (Beck) he took the pressure and complaints from Paulites to heart and had Ron on for the whole hour one night and gave Ron a very fair airing. And did so when others would not dare. I respected that from Beck but his conversion if you will really came after the implosion of the so-called conservative movement controlled by the republican party and the election of Obama. Is he just following the crowd until the wind shifts or is this a true paradigmn shift on his part? The jury for me is still out but he needs to ditch the emotion and I think he's still wedded to much to the idea of controlling the State to enforce his beliefs, even if they be some libertarian beliefs.

Once you cross the Rubicon to the non-aggression axiom, you realize using the vote to control the state to propel even libertarian ideals on people who themselves may not hold is still just as wrong as using the state for any other means including compelling you against your will. As Mr. Spock would say, that's illogical and I'm sure many here who would read this are thinking such (that blue pill thing again :happy-very:) but that discussion should anyone dare is for another time and place.

Along the lines of Obama's Nobel prize, my friend Anthony Gregory at the Independent Institute wrote this piece concerning Obama's prize. Hope you enjoy.

As for the rest of talk radio, I find it as equally boring and unfufilling as commercial muzak radio. No matter when you tune in or ho many days it's been, the conservation is always the same ole' dull boring crap. No desire to look deeper beyond the mainframe programming!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No one has ever refused the award before. That would be like refusing an Italian Grandma's meatball, as a guest in their house....Respect :spaghetti:

My point is not whether or not he deserves the award, it's how the world looks at America, from outside the box, at their perspective. Look how we are behaving now, trying to indict, and judge another country as to how they should run their award process....

I disagree, deez. If I was presented an award that I didn't deserve, I'd have my speech writers come up with a good speech for why the next schmo is more deserving of the award. I feel this award and his acceptance of this award puts The President in an awkward situation when it comes to the performance of His duties.

That said, who cares what other countries think of what we are doing? I'm sure England wasn't particularly happy when we decided we wanted to be on our own. This is America and it is governed the American way. We learn from our mistakes, as time has proven and continue to thrive. We can't all be the same now, can we?

Yeah I enjoy Jack too but if he did go national, I'm not sure he could survive without adopting a more statist construct that fits the mold of the typical 2 party playground. It's only when you step back you realize the shirt sold is the same thing but only the color differs.

I'm wary of Glenn Beck to be honest. He was aweful towards Ron Paul and the libertarian ideal early on but in fairness to him (Beck) he took the pressure and complaints from Paulites to heart and had Ron on for the whole hour one night and gave Ron a very fair airing. And did so when others would not dare. I respected that from Beck but his conversion if you will really came after the implosion of the so-called conservative movement controlled by the republican party and the election of Obama. Is he just following the crowd until the wind shifts or is this a true paradigmn shift on his part? The jury for me is still out but he needs to ditch the emotion and I think he's still wedded to much to the idea of controlling the State to enforce his beliefs, even if they be some libertarian beliefs.

Once you cross the Rubicon to the non-aggression axiom, you realize using the vote to control the state to propel even libertarian ideals on people who themselves may not hold is still just as wrong as using the state for any other means including compelling you against your will. As Mr. Spock would say, that's illogical and I'm sure many here who would read this are thinking such (that blue pill thing again :happy-very:) but that discussion should anyone dare is for another time and place.

Along the lines of Obama's Nobel prize, my friend Anthony Gregory at the Independent Institute wrote this piece concerning Obama's prize. Hope you enjoy.

As for the rest of talk radio, I find it as equally boring and unfufilling as commercial muzak radio. No matter when you tune in or ho many days it's been, the conservation is always the same ole' dull boring crap. No desire to look deeper beyond the mainframe programming!

Here's what I understood from both of these posts. You guys sorta like Glenn Beck.:knockedout:

fact check

The Committee Explains:

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

"Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

"For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that 'Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges.'"