Prime Day coming your way

O

OLDMAN3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/amazons-prime-day-sale-outperforms-black-friday/1100-6428957/
"Amazon's Prime Day Sale Outperforms Black Friday
#PrimeDayFail? Not so fast.
by Eddie Makuch on July 16, 2015

Despite some criticism about the available deals, Amazon's special Prime Day sales event--meant to celebrate the company's 20th anniversary--was a big success. The online retail behemoth announced on Thursday that it sold more total items on Prime Day, July 15, than its biggest Black Friday on record.

Shoppers bought a total of 34.4 million items on Prime Day, which is 18 percent more than Black Friday 2014. This is a particularly noteworthy achievement, considering the savings were available only to Prime members, who pay $99/year for a subscription.

According to Amazon's internal data, the retailer sold 398 items per second, while total worldwide orders rose 266 percent over July 15, 2014. Of course, a significant year-on-year rise was to be expected considering the significant push Amazon made relative to last year."

Free 2nd day delivery to Prime customers means Friday will be messed up. I wouldn't be surprised if we have late air shuttles bringing air through the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Less competition for crap no one actually uses. They also fail to mention how many 30 day trials were used to make these purchases as anyone with an email could sign up and cancel, which a lot will after this bait and switch. Also, to touch on at the speed in which people bought, all the "deeply discounted" items were all timed deals. If you wanted anything that was even remotely sought after, you had to hover over the add to cart button when it hit 00.00.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny how everyone just passes right over the fact that the warehouse items were all 15% off the warehouse price all day as well. You could buy something that is "Like New" cheaper than the lightening deals with the extra 15% off. I bought some car parts (wipers,filters,ect) at 40% off the Amazon price with "Like New" status.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Funny how everyone just passes right over the fact that the warehouse items were all 15% off the warehouse price all day as well. You could buy something that is "Like New" cheaper than the lightening deals with the extra 15% off. I bought some car parts (wipers,filters,ect) at 40% off the Amazon price with "Like New" status.
People are stupid.

browntroll

we'll see how the preload is, i should probably just call in. i didnt see any great deals, i did buy myself an extra
pair of running shoes which i was planing on buying anyway.

Future

Victory Ride
It was a bunch of junk for the most part. I saw a shoehorn on sale. I really needed one of those...not
image.jpg
@turdferguson s shoes and horn

Returntosender

Cheap compression shirts to use work were on sale. As for them working like the UA ones who knows, 14.00 dollars for generic or 50. for UA. Rather ruin a 14. dollar compression then a 50. dollar.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Most of that stuff was small cheaper items, that I saw. We won't see much of it, unless the PO says enough.

Nope. In our center. The post office was very light today. The manager on pre load said we got most of the orders. I even have 100 stops today. Looks like a 9 hr day. Lunch till 1:30 then 56 to go..

Overpaid Union Thug

There's definitely more Amazon in my truck today. It's basically how it was before Surepost took off. My problem isn't the amount of Amazon boxes though. It's the crappy load that's the problem. I'm sick of these punkass preloaders. Especially their Friday loads.

I wish they could be punished by being sent back to unloading trailers (where every preloader must start out here) whenever they consistently epically screw up. That might adjust their attitudes. But nooooo...... the union won't allow that. Instead we get to swim and did through boxes inside what is essentiality an oven on wheels because some punk has an attitude problem and knows he can't be adequately punished.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
All I have to say is it's a 13hour day today. I'm 400 packages off so far and my truck still looks like crap.

Perfect time to take lunch and say screw it.

Poor planning today. 10 routes short because we ran out of drivers