Primer for Newer Employees

b33nman

You nailed it x2

Things won't get better. I started late 2007. Being in my early 20s and pretty fit and raised with a decent work ethic, I figured work hard, get up the ladder. At least, every job I've had that's been the case. Not here. On a team of 32, 5 of us usually end up being the go to guys/girls. If someone refuses to do their work, are they disciplined? No. They put it on you, let them talk, screw off, or whatever. Long as the end is met, they don't care how the means are done to get it. I just finished my degree this year and I'm looking to bail as soon as ANYTHING comes along.

We were loading a pretty critical aircraft. Our whole team was past our 6 hour limit, and the rule is we have to take a break. The plane needed to be out at 5 AM and we were almost done at 4:30 having started at 3:50 AM. We got it out, early, and got BITCHED at for not taking a lunch break. Even though the flight was early, even with our crumby situation, they only cared that we didn't take our break. Another instance like this happened, so we took our breaks this time. All of us written up for leaving the flight. You can't win here. You never will. The 80/20 rule will always be in effect. 80% of the work done by 20% of the people.

Leave. While. You. Can.

hypo hanna

Wouldn't a controlled release dispatched over your PowerPad also cover your ass?

Yes, that info stays in the system for a month that the dispatchers can access it. A lot longer where security and legal can retrieve it. I'm sure it's possible they could erase it but it seems highly unlikely even for those sleezeballs. They are kinda lazy.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Things won't get better. I started late 2007. Being in my early 20s and pretty fit and raised with a decent work ethic, I figured work hard, get up the ladder. At least, every job I've had that's been the case. Not here. On a team of 32, 5 of us usually end up being the go to guys/girls. If someone refuses to do their work, are they disciplined? No. They put it on you, let them talk, screw off, or whatever. Long as the end is met, they don't care how the means are done to get it. I just finished my degree this year and I'm looking to bail as soon as ANYTHING comes along.

We were loading a pretty critical aircraft. Our whole team was past our 6 hour limit, and the rule is we have to take a break. The plane needed to be out at 5 AM and we were almost done at 4:30 having started at 3:50 AM. We got it out, early, and got BITCHED at for not taking a lunch break. Even though the flight was early, even with our crumby situation, they only cared that we didn't take our break. Another instance like this happened, so we took our breaks this time. All of us written up for leaving the flight. You can't win here. You never will. The 80/20 rule will always be in effect. 80% of the work done by 20% of the people.

Leave. While. You. Can.

You nailed it x3

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Leave. While. You. Can.

I love your new acronym...LWYC. Most excellent. And yes, you nailed it to the wall. This company is one big Catch-22, and even when you "win", you really lose. I hope others out there see the light.

hypo hanna

Close to 30 years here and I couldn't agree more. There really is no future here for new employees. That is unless you are more then ok with sticking it to your fellow man to advance. It's a temp job for a college kid nothing more. If you are young, get out as soon as you can. Don't waste your time on this rock making Fred and his buddies richer.