PRO act

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Lolol. You’re living in fantasyland if you think the Dems are still the working man and women’s party. The Dems are the illegal immigrant, and the people who want to sit home and do nothing all day and wait for handouts party. The Dems want the working man and women’s taxes to help the lazy and disenfranchised. Unions got Obama elected, and then when they turned around and asked him to help get FedEx out from the RLA so their workers could unionize he spit in the Teamsters faces. My 401K is up 28% since the day Trump took office. If that idiot Bernie Sanders ever wins, kiss 50% of your income goodbye. I’ll take the slightly evil, over the extreme evil.

Keep voting Republican and there won't be a Union to negotiate your wages and benefits but I'm sure the company would give it to individuals anyway. They are, after all, very driven by personal relationships.

browndevil

Then everybody will have to run on their individual merit. There would be no designated "teams". And no straight-party ticketing. God forbid people would have to put constructive thought into their voting decisions.
Sounds like a great idea. But first to need to abolish the Electoral College

Up In Smoke

Electoral College and Caucuses are outdated systems. Having a single election day is also a process that has seen it's day. A true democracy should try to be inclusive. The 2020 census should be used make the voting and access to voting easier, but i'm afraid that will not happen.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Electoral College and Caucuses are outdated systems. Having a single election day is also a process that has seen it's day. A true democracy should try to be inclusive. The 2020 census should be used make the voting and access to voting easier, but i'm afraid that will not happen.
The right to vote already comes with no bearing of responsibility for the majority of the population. A popular vote would result in the lowest denominator of common dip:censored2:s running evvvverything. It's bad enough the way it is now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The right to vote already comes with no bearing of responsibility for the majority of the population. A popular vote would result in the lowest denominator of common dip:censored2:s running evvvverything. It's bad enough the way it is now.

Everyone knows how dumb the average person is. Half the people are even dumber.

Up In Smoke

Yes, when voting in a Presidential election, you are actually voting for the slate of electors vowing to cast their ballots for that ticket in the Electoral College. These electors then meet in each states capital and cast two votes, one for the Vice President and one for the President. Only election where the candidate receiving the most votes can still lose an election.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Everyone knows how dumb the average person is. Half the people are even dumber.
I mean come on. You can take their own money from them, use it on a service for them, and tell them they're getting it for free and they'll be right on board with you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, when voting in a Presidential election, you are actually voting for the slate of electors vowing to cast their ballots for that ticket in the Electoral College. These electors then meet in each states capital and cast two votes, one for the Vice President and one for the President. Only election where the candidate receiving the most votes can still lose an election.
The founders of our country wisely understood the dangers of direct democracy.