Problem With Loaders

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its because they very rarely use a load bar or straps. No one cares. Thats why we get so many damaged packages.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I have a complaint to all you loaders. I don't know if it is how they teach you to load or what it is but as an unloader I come across many trailers with crappy walls that collapse. or trailers where they look as if it was just thrown together. I understand there is shifting while on the road but I would like to not have to play a game of dodge the package or the life size version of Jenga. It is a big complaint of allot of unloaders in my area.

Welcome to BC!

p.s. Change your name.....

cardboard-surfer

During orientation the training sup told us, "I dunno what unloaders are made of, I mean they can have a bowling ball fall on their head and I ask them if they're ok and they're like, 'yeah man I'm good'."

When I first started on the floor I was being taught how to load feeders by the shift sup. After he stacked a half dozen boxes on top of one another I politely informed him he was creating a column and not a T....he said, "Oh yeah...guess I'm breaking my own rules.". After a pause he said, "Oh well I don't care I'm in a hurry" because his shift was ending. UPS training at its finest.

I also asked the same shift sup what happens if the bottom buckles [because the customers use 20 year old boxes that're falling apart and held together with packing tape] and the entire thing leans towards me. He shrugged and said, "Guess you better start building better walls." He then said build it as fast as possible, jam/crush a couple boxes into the ceiling and walls to hold it all in place, then start on another wall as quickly as possible. Sups love crushing boxes into the walls; holds everything together. 100% condoned by the company. He said, "If the customer wants it in one piece they better pack it good."

I was also directly ordered to put every single overweight and oblong irreg on the right side of the truck, which must be lots of fun for the driver. Although one or two times a sup told me to integrate irregs into walls which was fun with rolled up carpets and mattresses. I usually tried to put overweight large boxes on the left side as a cornerstone (to shift weight away from the right side) and "got away with it" a couple times before being yelled at.

Avada

As a loader, I would of loved to have had the option of choosing the unload. My brother is an unloader and he pity's our job. Stop crying. We have way more BS to deal with than your easy job. I'd be buried in boxes if I took the time to make my walls perfect even though I try, the flow is way too much to slow down. Peak season seems like childs play compared to how it is now for us loaders. While unloaders get out over an hour before us in my hub.

As a loader, I would of loved to have had the option of choosing the unload. My brother is an unloader and he pity's our job. Stop crying. We have way more BS to deal with than your easy job. I'd be buried in boxes if I took the time to make my walls perfect even though I try, the flow is way too much to slow down. Peak season seems like childs play compared to how it is now for us loaders. While unloaders get out over an hour before us in my hub.
Both loading and unloading are hard jobs especially if you work in a hub. The unloader is task with establishing and maintaining the flow. So basically it's about speed and stamina. If you're not capable of maintaining those two things with out damaging your body than you're burn out quick.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
To the OP: It is a common practice for supervisors to take pictures of less than ideal inbound loads and to then forward those pictures to the hub.
We had a sup transfer to my building about 6 months ago from a hub we get a few of our preload trailers from. One of our trailers was on his belt. Said in the 3 years he was on that belt he never heard a peep about poor load quality, even though we sent pictures of the garbage loads to the hub daily.

We had a sup transfer to my building about 6 months ago from a hub we get a few of our preload trailers from. One of our trailers was on his belt. Said in the 3 years he was on that belt he never heard a peep about poor load quality, even though we sent pictures of the garbage loads to the hub daily.

There is one of the problems is a lack of communication.