Prod Bon ?

livin the dream

I've heard of routes with a lot of envelopes and smalls going to offices that can give them a bunch of time. obviously to make up 2-3 hours it would have to be a :censored2: load of envelopes, but I'm sure some businesses get them

clean hairy

Original question was Prod Bon?
Might be what the Dr does during your Physical each year?
Might be when you go to the Proctologist, he prods your bon?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've heard of routes with a lot of envelopes and smalls going to offices that can give them a bunch of time. obviously to make up 2-3 hours it would have to be a :censored2: load of envelopes, but I'm sure some businesses get them
If ie knows you have small packages or envelopes to pick up they will change the unit number for those...ask me how I know this...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If ie knows you have small packages or envelopes to pick up they will change the unit number for those...ask me how I know this...

We used to have a pickup that sent out thousands of small packages and envelopes (1 lb). The driver had to enter a different code number when making that pickup stop.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We used to have a pickup that sent out thousands of small packages and envelopes (1 lb). The driver had to enter a different code number when making that pickup stop.
What pisses me off about one of the pickups that they change the unit number was I almost always have large boxes to pickup there also...it's not a 100% smalls acct...The unit number is wrong

MD_Burt_Driver

To qualify myself, I'm not really a big bonus driver. I just started a couple years ago so I'm still learning routes so I eat a little extra time. I'm not in any way trying to fight for "my bonus" or trying to turn this into a junk measuring contest.

However, I see a lot of excusing being made here by what I can only assume are veteran drivers that don't bonus. I do realize that some routes are better than others for bonus. To you guys bringing up these time studies they do from time to time, if a guy does 230 stops in 8 hours, you can bet he's gonna make some bonus. There's a guy in my center that's pushing 55, grey hair and all, and does that everyday.

If he comes in early and sorts his truck and skips his lunch, that's his choice. You're not any better than him for not doing so which is something everyone here seems to insinuate. Believe me, guys like this make YOUR job a lot easier. If he doesn't do those 200 plus everyday who else you think will? I notice whenever the "slug" in my loop is on vacation, I get an easy dispatch. As soon as he comes back, he gets to do 150 on a resi route while I get stuck with 230...

To be real blunt, some drivers are better and work harder. If you don't want to push and challenge yourself to get better than that's fine. The contract states a fair days work for a fair days pay and not that every driver has to be an Olympic track star. But how do you think anyone got good at anything? You think Michael Jordan became so good without having a lot of restless night from being so exhausted from practice? Just stop insinuating that these drivers are doing something wrong. If you really consider yourself an equal or better than these drivers for whatever reason...maybe you think you service the customer better or are safer...you're delusional. These drivers are more athletic than you, are more organized than you, and know their route better than you know yours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To qualify myself, I'm not really a big bonus driver. I just started a couple years ago so I'm still learning routes so I eat a little extra time. I'm not in any way trying to fight for "my bonus" or trying to turn this into a junk measuring contest.

However, I see a lot of excusing being made here by what I can only assume are veteran drivers that don't bonus. I do realize that some routes are better than others for bonus. To you guys bringing up these time studies they do from time to time, if a guy does 230 stops in 8 hours, you can bet he's gonna make some bonus. There's a guy in my center that's pushing 55, grey hair and all, and does that everyday.

If he comes in early and sorts his truck and skips his lunch, that's his choice. You're not any better than him for not doing so which is something everyone here seems to insinuate. Believe me, guys like this make YOUR job a lot easier. If he doesn't do those 200 plus everyday who else you think will? I notice whenever the "slug" in my loop is on vacation, I get an easy dispatch. As soon as he comes back, he gets to do 150 on a resi route while I get stuck with 230...

To be real blunt, some drivers are better and work harder. If you don't want to push and challenge yourself to get better than that's fine. The contract states a fair days work for a fair days pay and not that every driver has to be an Olympic track star. But how do you think anyone got good at anything? You think Michael Jordan became so good without having a lot of restless night from being so exhausted from practice? Just stop insinuating that these drivers are doing something wrong. If you really consider yourself an equal or better than these drivers for whatever reason...maybe you think you service the customer better or are safer...you're delusional. These drivers are more athletic than you, are more organized than you, and know their route better than you know yours.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1442876171.185273.jpg

govols019

You smell that?

Troll.

I'm paid by the hour. Even if I was in a bonus center, I'm not gonna work any faster. Bonus = shortcuts, in most cases.

Rainman

Its all good.
Bonus, in the end, means a lot more wear and tear on the body, and aches and pains at an earlier age. The extra money is nice, but feeling like an old man while still in my 50s sucks.